PDA

View Full Version : Quickest way to view threads you are currently working on?

munkyeetr
April 8th, 2008, 03:53 AM
What do you find is the most efficient way to keep updated on the threads you are actively participating in?

When I post on a thread, I find I am constantly checking back to see if there's been another post on the thread. Currently I find the best way is to use:

Search -> Advanced Search
Then under Search by User Name I enter my own name

By doing this I can see if another post has been made because the the thread title is bold.

I have also tried using:

Search -> Find All Your Posts

but it doesn't really help in the same way; it doesn't alert me to a new post.

Any suggestions? Insight?

bapoumba
April 8th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Move to FFH.
I automatically subscribe to threads I post in, plus I subscribe to the ones I am following. Each time a reply is posted, I receive a notification email (only for the first reply when logged out).

mali2297
April 8th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I automatically subscribe to threads that I have posted in, although without email notification. This will also list updated threads in bold.

kesman
April 11th, 2008, 09:00 AM
That's how I do it too. It would be more than great if the brown box with info about your last login and private messages would also tell you if you have messages in your subscribed threads.

popch
April 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM
That's how I do it too. It would be more than great if the brown box with info about your last login and private messages would also tell you if you have messages in your subscribed threads.

The Control Panel does exactly that.

Click on User CP, then User Control Panel. It's even bookmarkable.

kesman
April 11th, 2008, 09:36 AM
What? No it doesn't?
You can click "quick links" and go to subscribed threads, but I cannot find a way to add those threads or a reminder of them into this brown box with text:
Welcome, kesman.
You last visited: 1 Hour Ago at 09:40 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 9.

popch
April 11th, 2008, 10:49 AM
What? No it doesn't?
You can click "quick links" and go to subscribed threads, but I cannot find a way to add those threads or a reminder of them into this brown box with text:
Welcome, kesman.
You last visited: 1 Hour Ago at 09:40 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 9.

Well, the CP isn't quite as terse, and it isn't visible on every page. Still, its function is quite close to the one asked for.

Anyway, I would suggest to just wait until the next release of the forum software is up and running. Perhaps all our wishes come true, just as in the fairy tales and the Greek myths?

munkyeetr
April 11th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Quick Links -> Subscribed Threads FTW

I don't know how I missed that before! ](*,)