PDA

View Full Version : unanswered posts - question

byrmark
April 8th, 2008, 01:42 AM
So if a post goes unanswered, for example a hardware problem, etc. Where would someone go for help? What is best way to get help with ubuntu? Repost? Look elsewhere? If so, where? When is time to give up on the post and/or ubuntu?

-grubby
April 8th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Be patient. The unanswered posts team is also here to answer those posts :).

overdrank
April 8th, 2008, 01:58 AM
So if a post goes unanswered, for example a hardware problem, etc. Where would someone go for help? What is best way to get help with ubuntu? Repost? Look elsewhere? If so, where? When is time to give up on the post and/or ubuntu?

Hi and I would suggest to keep searching and trying ideas that you find or can think of and bump your thread with what you have tired. As for giving up that is up to the users ( unlike me I never give up). :)

byrmark
April 8th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the responses. I wonder also if multiple posts to different forums is helpful or not allowed?

Also, I don't know how impatient I am with regards to this. I tried (on and off) for three days to solve my problem myself. Also, I am not really familiar with these installation problems, etc. My last install was RedHat 9 and it required very little tweeking.

aysiu
April 8th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Multiple posts in different subforums (also known as cross-posting is not allowed).

If posts go unanswered, it's usually because no one knows the answer. You should be patient, though, and you can bump your thread every 24 hours or so. In the meantime, there's nothing to stop you from "cross-posting" to other forums entirely (Linux Questions, Linux Forums) or signing on to Ubuntu IRC.

overdrank
April 8th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the responses. I wonder also if multiple posts to different forums is helpful or not allowed?

Also, I don't know how impatient I am with regards to this. I tried (on and off) for three days to solve my problem myself. Also, I am not really familiar with these installation problems, etc. My last install was RedHat 9 and it required very little tweeking.

I understand impatient, I was dual booting at first and would set aside some time every nite to search the forums for something that was similar to my issues till I found the solution. Good luck and Please post any questions and I would recommend starting here
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73
Great info in the sticky's at the top of the page. :KS