PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the birthday present ubuntu!

CShadowRun
April 8th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Been using windows all of my life, switched one of my 5 pcs to ubuntu a few days ago, loved it. Gonna switch the rest of them asap :D

Anyway, i was just chilling out in the ubuntu IRC channel and i noticed someone call the bot to talk about the new Hardy Heron release, and turns out it's on April 24th! My birthday :D

Thanks for the awsome birthday present ubuntu :D

kostkon
April 8th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Welcome to Ubuntu!

And thank you for sharing this with us! :)

Istonian
April 8th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Been using windows all of my life, switched one of my 5 pcs to ubuntu a few days ago, loved it. Gonna switch the rest of them asap :D

Anyway, i was just chilling out in the ubuntu IRC channel and i noticed someone call the bot to talk about the new Hardy Heron release, and turns out it's on April 24th! My birthday :D

Thanks for the awsome birthday present ubuntu :D

Wow, April, 24th is my birthday also. I know what my present is going to be. Actually I got t early because im using the beta.

CShadowRun
April 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Hehe i might put hardy heron on my new PC (arriving today), no point loading the old one on it just to load the new one like 10 days later :p

madjr
April 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Hehe i might put hardy heron on my new PC (arriving today), no point loading the old one on it just to load the new one like 10 days later :p

well at least you can compare before and after :)

anyway happy bday in advance :) :lolflag:

jken146
April 8th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I think Fiesty was out on my birthday.

freebeer
April 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
While I'm certainly looking forward to its release, there just no way that I'm going to try to grab it on that day or the next 7 days for that matter. I think I could walk to South Africa faster than a download would take. :lol:

MONODA
April 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I am happy that everything worked for you. My advice is to switch slowly since you never know when you might need your old OS back (better safe than sorry). anyway, happy birthday in advance, I cant wait :D