PDA

View Full Version : Just curious... PS3 or XBOX 360?

guitarthrasher
April 7th, 2008, 11:18 PM
So, what do you think?

I'm totally for the PS3. Multi-format media playback and insane graphics with 1080p is perfect for me.

Orcaporka
April 7th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I'm a 360 man. Im not that bothered which is better, I just have an inkling towards the 360.

skymera
April 7th, 2008, 11:23 PM
PS3, prices are low now, very low to what they once were.

It can play HD-DVD <-- pointless now
it can play Blu-Ray
It has Blu-Ray Games
Looks a lot better
Is'nt Microsoft.
You can install YDL easily.

Xbox:

Cant play HD-DVD without a stupid attatchment, infact HD-DVD is dead.
Can't play Blu-Ray
Games are on standard DVD's <-- HA!
V. Ugly and fail often
It's Microsoft

So PS3 is my winner. Woot

EnergySamus
April 7th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Xbox 360. I just don't like the PS3, my friends had one for a while, and it broke on them 2 times... They then bought an Xbox 360. We now play on Xbox Live together. Plus it has Halo... Who doesn't like Halo?!:lolflag:

EnergySamus

EnergySamus
April 7th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I like your Sig, guitarthrasher!:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag :

kragen
April 7th, 2008, 11:39 PM
What happened to the wii?
For all the people who might ridicule it and say "its not a real console", I still think its a load more innovative and fun than the overprices 360 / ps3...

Anyway, as for ps3 / 360, I dont own either, but the whole XNA / play your games on the 360 appeals a lot to me as a programmer. I've gotta admit, I have a strong dislike for both sony and microsoft, but microsoft do know how to cater to developers.

Apart from that, nothing about either of the two consoles stand out. I dont even really like the games much...

-gabe-noob-
April 7th, 2008, 11:39 PM
PS3 for sure, for all the reasons above and because there ain't no broke as fan

also the xmb interface is better (I have both I just like it better)

aswell as the blu-ray capability (It's like blu-ray player except cheaper)

and PSN is free, and just as good (IMHO) as xbox live (i stoped paying for live since I don't like halo 3 and COD4 is for PS3)

also funny your freinds PS3 broke because on average PS3's break less often then X360's. (cause of the 360's broke *** fan)

EDIT: the only reason I don't play my wii as much is the lack of Online capability, and I suck at FPS's at it. But when people are over it's wii sports all the way (you know, if were not playing COD4 on the PS3... or if it's an older crowd)

jrharvey
April 7th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I personally like the Xbox and its games better but i really think they could have made it better. I give up on trying to find one that wont break. Me and my roomate went through 3 of them in one year and eventually just decided the 360 sucks. Would you believe that overhearing is not covered by the warrenty. Its a shame but another reason to hate microsoft. I am not a huge fan of the PS3 but i know a few people that have put linux on it and its seems really cool. Its a very powerful computer for the price.

EnergySamus
April 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
What happened to the wii?
For all the people who might ridicule it and say "its not a real console", I still think its a load more innovative and fun than the overprices 360 / ps3...

Anyway, as for ps3 / 360, I dont own either, but the whole XNA / play your games on the 360 appeals a lot to me as a programmer. I've gotta admit, I have a strong dislike for both sony and microsoft, but microsoft do know how to cater to developers.

Apart from that, nothing about either of the two consoles stand out. I dont even really like the games much...

I have a Wii, but the only good games for it are Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

zeronothing
April 8th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I'm a ps3 man

I like the DLNA media connectivity it has. Mediatomb is great to install on ubuntu to stream your media to the ps3. I have a psp and it goes great with the ps3 because of the remote functions. Yea you can stream your media over the internet to your psp as long as your on wireless with the psp. The Divx and somewhat Xvid functionality is great with the ps3 (hello, tv bittorrents). Blu-rary and games look sweet on my 65" DLP tv. The fact I can buy laptop hard drives to replace the hard drive I have in it. The fact I can install psubuntu on the ps3. And the list keeps going on and on...

thats is why I have the ps3

Rhapsody
April 8th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I've got neither at the moment. Buying an Xbox 360 would mean breaking my Microsoft boycott (six years strong!), but the PlayStation 3 is both crippled (the 40GB version has no PS2 backward compatibility for some reason) and ridiculously expensive (the aforementioned crippled 40GB model is the price of an Xbox 360 Elite!) so that's not really an option either. I do have a Wii though, which will likely last me long enough to see which of the two others prevails in the long run.

jrharvey
April 8th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I seriously dont think the XBOX is worth getting. It really pisses me off to think that they created a product that has such a reliability issue and haven't taken the time to really fix it and offer no solution to the problem that they know exist. I would advise you and everyone else to stay away from XBOX 360. My original Xbox lasted 4 years b4 i sold it. It still worked perfect, now there was a work of art.

jrharvey
April 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Xbox 360. I just don't like the PS3, my friends had one for a while, and it broke on them 2 times... They then bought an Xbox 360. We now play on Xbox Live together. Plus it has Halo... Who doesn't like Halo?!:lolflag:

EnergySamus

I am a huuuuuge halo fan version 1,2 and 3. I stopped playing mostly because of my hatred for the 360.

ODF
April 8th, 2008, 12:15 AM
We have many of both of them and I would say the XBOX 360 really worth it. Games really are better and the comparison are sad for the PS3.

There's a lot of nice XBOX360 games only and the same thing goes for the PS3.

Get both.

Ps : I REALLY do hope some improvements in GT5 because at the moment FORZA 2 has a better driving feeling. This is way more important than graphics.

jrharvey
April 8th, 2008, 12:32 AM
We have many of both of them and I would say the XBOX 360 really worth it. Games really are better and the comparison are sad for the PS3.

There's a lot of nice XBOX360 games only and the same thing goes for the PS3.

Get both.

Ps : I REALLY do hope some improvements in GT5 because at the moment FORZA 2 has a better driving feeling. This is way more important than graphics.

Oh yes, forza 2. I do miss that game.

ditsch
April 8th, 2008, 12:34 AM
PS3 ftw! Although there are only few good games right now, the PS3 will have a brighter future compared to the 360. *g*

-gabe-noob-
April 8th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I've got neither at the moment. Buying an Xbox 360 would mean breaking my Microsoft boycott (six years strong!), but the PlayStation 3 is both crippled (the 40GB version has no PS2 backward compatibility for some reason) and ridiculously expensive (the aforementioned crippled 40GB model is the price of an Xbox 360 Elite!) so that's not really an option either. I do have a Wii though, which will likely last me long enough to see which of the two others prevails in the long run.

PS3 has dropped in price

ODF
April 8th, 2008, 12:59 AM
PS3 ftw! Although there are only few good games right now, the PS3 will have a brighter future compared to the 360. *g*

Do you actually realize how old is the XBOX360 ? and how the PS3 have difficulties to compete it ?

The ps3 lives because of its fans and all that stupid hype.

anyway the PS3 has something like 11 millions unit sold vs 18 for the xbox360. Since there's no sales for the Xbox360 in Japan ... the Xbox is doing great.

-gabe-noob-
April 8th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Do you actually realize how old is the XBOX360 ? and how the PS3 have difficulties to compete it ?

The ps3 lives because of its fans and all that stupid hype.

And because Playstation... (all of them) kick butt, it's just another link in a chain... OF AWSOME!

ODF
April 8th, 2008, 01:11 AM
And because Playstation... (all of them) kick butt, it's just another link in a chain... OF AWSOME!

Actually the PS1 had no real competitor ... since the PS2 really had no competitor at all ... we can't really say it's AWEEESOMMEEE.

Now they have competition ... it's fun. It brings games out of Japan because Japan is no more the most important thing on earth in video games.

I'm happy we're getting the games before them, I'm happy they are created here instead of there.

HansKisaragi
April 8th, 2008, 01:32 AM
I got a Xbox 360, will get a PS3 soon and fanboys annoys me.

:rolleyes:

NightwishFan
April 8th, 2008, 01:33 AM
I have used both. The ps3 is better. It does everything the Xbox360 does only better and fails less. Plus Microsoft???

HansKisaragi
April 8th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I have used both. The ps3 is better. It does everything the Xbox360 does only better and fails less. Plus Microsoft???

My 360 have never failed in the 1 1\2 year iv had it.

Pethegreat
April 8th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I have not seen any killer app for the PS3. The xbox has Halo 3, Gears of War, and Mass effect as killer apps. I have killed one 360 already, and they does annoy me. I still have yet to send it in to get it repaired/replaced.

The PS controller are old and harder to use then the xbox's controllers. Sony has had the same controller for the last 13 years. Sony had a grip on the market for two console generations. It is nice to see another company with a good console.

fissionmailed
April 8th, 2008, 01:48 AM
IMO, don't get a current gen console, the Wii is too casual, the PS3 has no games and the 360, well it's Microsoft and likes to RROD.

Personally, I find it better to get some older games, maybe a SNES and PS2, those are two really good consoles and both have some really good games.

YMMV

Bruno Barrera
April 8th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I would use a ps3 if it werent so expensive, and if there was a ps3 version of halo. In fact, i think i would buy a ps3 if it had halo.

ODF
April 8th, 2008, 02:28 AM
IMO, don't get a current gen console, the Wii is too casual, the PS3 has no games and the 360, well it's Microsoft and likes to RROD.

Personally, I find it better to get some older games, maybe a SNES and PS2, those are two really good consoles and both have some really good games.

YMMV

Typical linux dude.

I don't like Microsoft, I don't like new things ... I don't like how people change how my things are working right now. I'll stick to my old stuff because it works.

It remembers me how people in linux try to stick on their really old computers.

move on =)

ODF
April 8th, 2008, 02:30 AM

Since when it does it better, we have plenty of both console and I can tell you ... the Xbox360 is better most of the time.

Why ?

Because developers don't want to work on the ps3 platform ... they create on Microsoft and they PORT the game for the ps3.

amazingtaters
April 8th, 2008, 02:39 AM
I hafta say 360. I've never liked the PlayStation controller, it just doesn't feel right in my hands. Plus the PS3 is still more expensive. Sure the price has come down on it, but the same has happened on the 360. Then you get to the fact that it's a BluRay player. But, what generation BluRay player is it. Did you know that there's a difference? Not all BluRay players have the same minimum specs, so as new features are rolled out, some people will be left without new advances. Thus, I have a distaste for BluRay which carries over to the PS3.

Of course, the PC is still the ultimate for gaming. It's constantly evolving, instead of jumping and then staying stagnant. Also, there's a lot better backwards compatability because of the smooth upgrade path as opposed to jumps. And nothing beats a keyboard and mouse for control, end of discussion.

twright
April 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM
what about Linux, the PS3 is the only on which it is easy to install Ubuntu on :)

I have not seen any killer app for the PS3.

ODF
April 8th, 2008, 02:43 AM
what about Linux, the PS3 is the only on which it is easy to install Ubuntu on :)

ok you can install linux on it.

Then ?

I mean, you click power and you play. Thats why the consoles are cool ... because it's just simple and it works. =)

days_of_ruin
April 8th, 2008, 03:04 AM
I have a Wii, but the only good games for it are Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
Did you even try smg?

days_of_ruin
April 8th, 2008, 03:07 AM

But you can't use the graphics card.

anjilslaire
April 8th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Xbox 360.
I'll never trust Sony again after the audio cd rootkit fiasco.

zachtib
April 8th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I'm a PS3 fan. I'm not a huge gamer, and the PS3 it more of a gadget for me than a gaming console. With the ability to stream all sorts of media to it, and the ability to install Linux, and the Blu-ray playback, it's my console of choice

I like the DLNA media connectivity it has. Mediatomb is great to install on ubuntu to stream your media to the ps3. I have a psp and it goes great with the ps3 because of the remote functions. Yea you can stream your media over the internet to your psp as long as your on wireless with the psp. The Divx and somewhat Xvid functionality is great with the ps3 (hello, tv bittorrents). Blu-rary and games look sweet on my 65" DLP tv. The fact I can buy laptop hard drives to replace the hard drive I have in it. The fact I can install psubuntu on the ps3. And the list keeps going on and on...

twright
April 8th, 2008, 03:30 AM
But you can't use the graphics card.yes but it's still a perfectly usable system otherwise (if you have a PS3 you wouldn't need ubuntu for gaming)

you could just use it for browsing the internet or as a server (when not otherwise occupied), you get a games console and a computer (fast enough to run compiz fusion)

NightwishFan
April 8th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Sure attack my opinion about two gaming consoles I used when they came out. Far as I see it. The Xbox360 ruined my games then all of a sudden failed to play cds at all. I am not saying all are defective mine was though. You pay to play online. (not sure about ps3) On ps3 you get blueray, once the ps3 gets taken advantage of it will be great. Plus Linux isnt that what most of us are here for. :KS

I do not game anymore but I am seriously thinking of getting ps3 and starting again.

leomelo
April 8th, 2008, 03:56 AM
What is the best video gaming console?
What is the video gaming console with the greater number of players?
What is the video gaming console with the greater number of video games?
what is ,tecnically, the superior video gaming console?
For me, the only obvious answer to all these questions is: the pc. So, don't waste your time with loser video gaming consoles

NightwishFan
April 8th, 2008, 03:58 AM
To get good Pc is more expensive.

Helios1276
April 8th, 2008, 04:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvcP71A-Wk

Pretty much sums it up for me

BOBSONATOR
April 8th, 2008, 04:03 AM
PS3 is awsome, i love fifa08, and i love streaming movies+music from my laptop to my ps3

KiwiNZ
April 8th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I have both , this is what I have found .
Xbox 360 does the media streaming better the PS3 , I dont get pauses or network connection error with the Xbox.

DVD upscaling the PS3 is better
Sound ...PS3
Customising the GUI PS3
Online store ..Xbox
Gaming ..tie
Noise ...PS3 is why quieter
Titles available...360
Remote .. PS3 I love the bluetooth remote
Connectivity ..PS3
The media extender in the 360 is great

zeronothing
April 8th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I love it when PC games are on a uproar about how PC gaming is so much better. I like that fact that the same people talk about how expensive the ps3 is when, oh yea who is it (nvidia) how they make a graphics card that costs about the same as the 40gb version ps3. Then the next year around they come out with a better version that wait hold on one minute cost even more than the ps3. What is the nvidia 9 series cost about 500 bucks. whats great is developers like to then base their games graphics on the newer graphics cards available on the market (Crysis). so its a great upgrade life cycle. I agree with the person before me saying that console gaming just works, and that is what I like about it. I don't have to worry about upgrading ram, graphics, etc. I just hook it up to my great big 65" tv and put the disc in and away I go. This just doesn't apply to me liking the ps3, I'm talking about all consoles. Consoles are way better than PC.

Go console gamers!!!

thank god for UT3 and user created content!!!!

EXCiD3
April 8th, 2008, 05:13 AM
PS3 100%...explaination already mentioned several times over haha

add me on PSN! username is naoghen

I'm a call of duty 4 fan myself ;)

fissionmailed
April 8th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Typical linux dude.

I don't like Microsoft, I don't like new things ... I don't like how people change how my things are working right now. I'll stick to my old stuff because it works.

It remembers me how people in linux try to stick on their really old computers.

move on =)

Hhhmmmm *looks at newish dual core laptop*

hhmmm, maybe because I just think most new games suck maybe? I'm all for advancement, but better graphics doesn't mean better games man. Besides most companies are shorting on single player campaign and trying to make up for it onn internet multiplayer BS. Personally I haven't played a game as good as Super Metroid on a current gen console. It has nothing to do with oldschool or newschool, I just like good games. When MGS3 came out, I bought it, because it was old? nnooooo, because it was good.

I will "move on" when there's something better to move on to.

kutjara
April 8th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I've got one of each. Here's my list of +es and -es.

PS3:

+

Good Blueray player for the money.
Good user interface
Runs Linux (YDL installs easily and works well)
Excellent graphics
Reliable
Quiet

-

Still not that many games
Sony product (hate Sony's corporate culture)
Online store has poor interface and eye-straining graphics
Built-in wifi is 802.11g with no Draft-n option (limiting its usefulness as a wireless media server.

XBox 360:

+

Good range of game titles
Online marketplace is better implemented than Sony's
Good integration with Windows Media Center (for Windows users)
Can use optional Draft-N wireless dongle for better media streaming
Achievements system is a nice incentive to unlock game secrets
Good online multiplayer integration

-

Unreliable. Mine has been RTMed for "red ring of death." Twice.
No Blueray - yet
Too many versions - typical MS marketing overload
Overheats and locks up after prolonged play
Many of the available game titles are rubbish
Have to buy premium model to get HDMI output
Noisy (the fans are really loud, which is odd considering how easily the box overheats)
Microsoft product ('nuff said)

From this list, it's hard to draw a definite conclusion, especially since I use the two machines for different things. The PS3 has become my default DVD player and casual web-browsing Linux box (for those lazy days when only a couch and a wireless keyboard will do). The 360 is my regular games machine (except for when one of the rare good games hits the PS3).

tuebinger
April 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM
We have both in our house. Ditto for the pluses and minuses that have already been mentioned..

stoodleysnow
April 8th, 2008, 11:58 AM
PS3 w00t!

(When I can afford one)£££££££

rasmus91
April 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
PS3!!!

It pwns the X-BOX totally, it has way better games.

Okay, X-BOX has Halo, but i got tired of it very fast, because its the same all the time.

The only thing about X-BOX i really like is DOA, but What the heck.

ajeffreys
April 8th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I've got an XBOX 360 which I enjoy playing and have had no problems with so far, so I can't really have any complaints :)

Belliinator
April 8th, 2008, 12:19 PM

YMMV

What games are good on PS2? My brother has one and we have barely any good games on it.

All existing the SNES are dodgy now arent the? If not maybe ill get one, Super mario all stars is the best.:)

PS3 all the way, a relative has one and Warhawk rocks.:guitar:

Killer Cop
April 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM

EnergySamus

I don't?

I tried Halo 3 and OMG what the..?! I think it's bad. Though the lightening was good. But cutting down on the resolution for better lightning was a very bad idea.

- - -

I'll go for the PS3 by far. I have one too.

It's in fact much cheaper than a Xbox 360 if you compare for what it can do. And PS3 is more powerful and will last longer time. And all the cool games as Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, GT5, Tekken, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Home etc. etc... All exclusives.

And the PS3 ain't noisy either. And you can install Linux on it! :mrgreen:

bonzodog
April 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I have to say, but I would buy neither, as both companies have broken major ethical codes with regards to software and hardware.
Both Sony and Microsoft products are completely banned in my house -- no holds barred anything with Sony or Microsoft on it is a big no-no in my house.

If I was to go out and get a console tomorrow, then Nintendo would be the one getting my custom. I have played on friends wii's and they were awesome.

Wobedraggled
April 8th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Wii360

notwen
April 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Own a 360 myself. Bought it when PS3's were well out of my price range. 360 has the better game market, bigger online population and it can still stream xvids/mp3s to my LCD. Doubt I will be purchasing a PS3 anytime soon, tho I would take one if I found a stellar deal.

aaaantoine
April 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I've played all of the current generation consoles to some degree. Out of the three, I own a Wii. So that leaves the PS3 and the 360, making this question perfectly valid to me.

My answer is one of peer pressure (aka "all my friends are doing it"): the Xbox 360.

However, I will not buy this system any time soon, for two reasons.
1. I have made a New Year's resolution to not buy anything that I want in 2008. While there are some loopholes in this resolution, the 360 does not fit into any of them.
2. Even if I had not made that resolution, the Xbox 360 still does not fit reasonably into my budget.

CaptainCabinet
April 8th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I had a 360. And got bored of it after a few months and traded it in for a PSP.
I now want a PS3. It has some great games coming out for it plus it has the blu-ray player built in which is an awesome feature.

fissionmailed
April 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM
What games are good on PS2? My brother has one and we have barely any good games on it.

All existing the SNES are dodgy now arent the? If not maybe ill get one, Super mario all stars is the best.:)

PS3 all the way, a relative has one and Warhawk rocks.:guitar:

MGS2&3
GT3&4
Soul Caliber II and a ton more fighting games
I personally LOVE Oni, but some hate it.
Damn it I forget more, I don't have it(my PS2 and games) with me at college.

And I have about 20 SNES games that have never quit working, my roommate has about 20 too. If you're talking consoles, you can get ones that play SNES and NES games.

herbster
April 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
TurboGrafx16 biatches!!

wakeupinflames
April 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I would have to say the 360 because as of right now it has a better library of games. I'm not saying that the PS3 doesn't, but the 360 just seems to have a lot more, and has something for everyone. I also like how easy the Dashboard is to use, and the achievement system.

guitarthrasher
April 11th, 2008, 03:24 AM
You pay to play online. (not sure about ps3) .
That's my biggest point. It's ridiculous on how expensive it is just to play with your friends online. 60 bucks a year? Thats 2 strips of ram. That means about 4 years of online play can be about 8 gigs in ram. lol

Uber-speed.

Helios1276
April 11th, 2008, 03:47 AM
HAHA..why does every PS3 fanboy say AWESOME??

NightwishFan
April 11th, 2008, 03:50 AM
=/ We all do not have to be rude, no one wants to be called a fan boy. I do not like either but out of both I prefer the ps3 for stated reasons. That is only my opinion not intended to change yours but you are welcome to try and change mine.

(pr)
April 12th, 2008, 01:59 PM
PS3 rocks. Xbox360 rocks. I own a PS3. Still don't know how I made that decision, but I did it. Going back to play some more COD4 ;-D

barbedsaber
April 12th, 2008, 03:22 PM
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :)

Just-trevor
April 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM
there is no skill involved in wii.
none.
360 is way better than both
main reason being Halo
but also because it's not ps3

NightwishFan
April 12th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Play that game Redsteel. You cannot even shoot straight... :(

MindFlayer
April 12th, 2008, 07:46 PM
One word: Bluray.

burnetbj
April 13th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Good lord where to start
There have been some really goofy posts
I cant for the life of me figure out how the 360 is still selling well. I have 3 friends that have them I havent play a game on any of them that didnt put me to sleep HALO 3 are you kidding me, the game is so worthless Bungie had to cut its ties to MS. Never seen a game before where the fist game was the best and got worse on each release after

Lets compare

PS3 360
Lack of game but by far the Higher # of games but no fun on
better games to come ones

Stable High failure rate

can be used as PC (linux) cant

plays HD (BluRay) winning format Needs a $179 HD add on

Bluetooth
None

Games are BRdisc 50Gb standard DVD (next-gen?)

Plays dang near all media types typical MS media
PS3 OS and Ubuntu

Excellent Some models no wireless streaming

HDMI standard Some models no HDMI

Superior Audio

Unlimited firmware

Standard 2.5 SATA hdd MS proprietary

Free online MS charges kids to play.lol

current model $399 HD model with wireless $379

Not sure about you people but where I come from a PC capable of streaming to handhelds and 50+ inch TV's in HD with 7:1 surround THX with Bluetooth support USB support and Ubunto ready for $399.99 is anything but expensive

Had our PS3 since release day.....games have been lame but now the games are coming this month MGS4,GT5,GTA4,HAZE
Grand Turismo in HD 50" and Logitech G25 6 speed ....yeah!

Games this year Killzone 2 Little big planet HOME

With out a doubt PS3 for consoles but PC will rule all for ever

burnetbj
April 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM
HA HA what the heck word formatting got all garbled mix all my words up

EnergySamus
April 14th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Going back to play some more COD4 ;-D

That is the best game ever!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::lolflag:

EnergySamus

original_jamingrit
April 14th, 2008, 05:25 PM
SNES for the win. The last real video game console. Although, I do like the wii, as well.

We have an FC Twin (http://www.destructoid.com/the-fc-twin-console-play-nes-and-snes-games-on-one-box--28357.phtml)...

Afkpuz
April 14th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I think the wii is clearly doing the best of the 3 though. I mean, they found a niche market that is really a universal market. Old people play the wii, very young children play the wii, and everyone in between can find a game they like. However, the wii is much more of a party console than the other 2. Xbox 360 and PS3 have those stellar games, but really are only targeted and the average male gamer who is roughly around college age, give or take about 7 years both ways.

I think this video acurately captures what I'm saying (plus it's freaking hilarious)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MFoyp71xw3w

vishzilla
April 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
PS3
I like the wii too, very innovative

heartburnkid
April 14th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Of the current generation, the only one I'd even consider at this point is the Wii. The PS3's still too expensive for my tastes and the library's just not there. The 360 has a great library, but build quality is still an issue (at this point, I think they're down to 1 in 6 360's experiencing the RROD within their first 3 years, which is better than the 1 in 3 it used to be, but still too high for my taste).

We have an FC Twin (http://www.destructoid.com/the-fc-twin-console-play-nes-and-snes-games-on-one-box--28357.phtml)...

Oh, I love that thing! I have one, and now I'm trolling thrift stores looking for old NES and Super NES games.

mips
April 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Build your own MAME, SNES, TurboGFX etc arcade machine. Games are much more fun than present day consoles :)

Scotty Bones
April 15th, 2008, 03:24 AM
PS3 wins...hands down.
This is a system thats been designed to dominate the market for the nest decade. How long do you think the 360 is really gonna last? I mean seriously, they can't even keep them running as it is!!! The PS controller is the most natural felling controller design I've ever used, the one for XBOX is horrid.

The PS3 is the best blu-ray player on the market. Titles load up quicker than any other player i've seen yet. Not to mention that with the system updates it's guaranteed to play all BR titles no matter how many times they change the keys.

And the list goes on. No red rings of death here.

Oh, and can we say 45nm CELL processor....NASTY!!!!!

ghandi69_
April 15th, 2008, 04:36 AM
I am a Playstation fan, although, mainly because of the exclusive franchises for the system that I love..

Gran Turismo
Hot Shots Golf
Metal Gear Solid....

as well as the Blue Ray player...

I also will admit, the Wii has officially made me angry. I have always loved games like Mario Cart and super smash brothers. These were games that gamers have enjoyed for about a decade now...

Now that nintendo has gone 'mainstream' so far and they use of what I consider to be a gimmick controller, has ruined these games for me. Nintendo has founds millions of new fans who were never gamers before, but I'm afraid they may be losing some of their most committed fans in the process.

heartburnkid
April 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I am a Playstation fan, although, mainly because of the exclusive franchises for the system that I love..

Gran Turismo
Hot Shots Golf
Metal Gear Solid....

as well as the Blue Ray player...

I also will admit, the Wii has officially made me angry. I have always loved games like Mario Cart and super smash brothers. These were games that gamers have enjoyed for about a decade now...

Now that nintendo has gone 'mainstream' so far and they use of what I consider to be a gimmick controller, has ruined these games for me. Nintendo has founds millions of new fans who were never gamers before, but I'm afraid they may be losing some of their most committed fans in the process.

You do realize that you don't have to use the Wiimote for Smash Bros., right? It has different control schemes for Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuk, Classic Console Controller, and Gamecube Controller, so you can use whatever you want.

happysmileman
April 16th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I don't have either but if I get the money this summer I'll be getting a PS3, everyone I know who has an XBox360 except one has had it break on them and needed to send it away, I don't know anyone with a complaint about PS3 other than a bit of difficulty setting up internet play (and I live in rural area where everyone has problems with internet due to crap service, I used to not be able to log onto MSN on Linux at all, with any client).

tigerplug
April 18th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Xbox 360 all the way.... that is one thing that I will give Microsoft.... Even though mine is in for repair as I type this! :)

ntowakbh
April 18th, 2008, 04:50 AM
PS3. My PS3 is sitting not even three feet from me right now. =P

As I have said, before:

"If you want great graphics, and tons of awesome games, get a PS2 or PS3. If you want Halo, but a 360."

Halo is about the only thing going for the Xbox, IMO at least.