PDA

View Full Version : Special suspend commands in grub?

PurposeOfReason
April 7th, 2008, 09:08 PM
For a sucuessful suspend I need to run "pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode" and I read that someone put "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" to the kernel line in their Grub. How would I go about doing this with my variables, or put them anywhere so they are default when I suspend with gnome-power-manager, lid close, etc.

fwojciec
April 7th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Just edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and add this to the line that begins with "kernel" -- so it looks something like this:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz26 root=/dev/sdb3 ro acpi_sleep=s3_bios

PurposeOfReason
April 7th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Just edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and add this to the line that begins with "kernel" -- so it looks something like this:
So for the others would it be

kernel /boot/vmlinuz26 root=/dev/sdb3 ro quirk-s3-bios quirk-s3-mode

fwojciec
April 7th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I don't know what the guide you've read told you to do, but I'm pretty sure the "quirk" options are supposed to be used with pm-suspend command only (i.e. they shouldn't be added to the kernel line in menu.lst).

PurposeOfReason
April 7th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure. I'm just trying to find a way to make those variables default so it all works correctly.

fwojciec
April 8th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I think that in order to have those quirks be selected by default you have to create "/etc/pm/config.d/config" file with the following contents:

DISPLAY_QUIRK_S3_BIOS="true"
DISPLAY_QUIRK_S3_MODE="true"
Or something like that anyways...

PurposeOfReason
April 8th, 2008, 12:29 AM
By George, I've wanted that for so long. Thanks! :KS