PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] new to this sub forum

bhadotia
April 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM
hi i'm new to this part of the forum . would anyone tell me what do people do here?

sanderella
April 7th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Welcome. We chat, tell jokes, give and get help, just general forum stuff. You don't have to know much to be here, they're quite nice to noobs.:popcorn:

Mazza558
April 7th, 2008, 09:58 PM
This place is pretty much the "off-topic" subforum, where we talk about recent Linux news, new apps, and just talk. For a more serious discussion, head to the backyard (renamed to "OMG PINK PONIES" after april fool's day) and have fun.

bhadotia
April 7th, 2008, 10:15 PM
ok , i recently reinstalled my ubuntu because at first grub disappeared because i reinstalled my xp. then when i reinstalled grub it did not boot ubuntu. so i completely formatted my hdd and freshly installed ubuntu.

i'm still a newb its only been a month since i've started using linux (i first heard about linux only 5 months ago). but you people at the forum really have helped me a lot in getting a little comfy with linux.

i want to thank you all for that.:)

bhadotia
April 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM
OK... Thats all the introduction I needed . Thank you very much.

I will mark this thread as solved now (I am doing this to all my threads(the ones which are solved) now).