PDA

View Full Version : freecord.net free music site check it out.

BuffaloX
April 7th, 2008, 05:30 PM
In the spirit of Ubuntu and open source my wife and I have made a site for free music.

There are currently 4 full audio-tracks you can listen to.
We hope more will come...

http://www.freecord.net/

What do you think?

BuffaloX
April 8th, 2008, 11:52 AM
OK I'll go first myself...
I think Moogy is an awesome piece of music,
Sandsound has 3 tracks, from which I especially like mordor, but all 3 are good.

aeiah
April 8th, 2008, 12:00 PM
so they're free as in... free to listen to? is that it? why not free to download, free to modify etc?

BuffaloX
April 8th, 2008, 04:40 PM
The site is free to use, for all parties.
Unfortunately you cannot download at this time.
Maybe it will be an option in the future, for those artists that will allow it.

Sandsound
April 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM
so they're free as in... free to listen to? is that it? why not free to download, free to modify etc?

There are pros and cons to make music under the GPL license.

Thou music and programming are both a form of art, it's hard to compare the two when it comes to the possibility of make a living.

Thats why I have chosen to split my work into two separate projects, a standard proprietary project and a GPL-kind'a project.

There are LOTS of success-stories when it comes to GPL software, but I haven't heard of anyone making a living with GPL music ?

billgoldberg
April 9th, 2008, 11:45 AM
A nice site, but for it to be successful, you'll need more music.

Just a thought, but you could try to contact some people on myspace and ask if they are willing to put their music on your site, if they agree with the terms.

Perfect Storm
April 9th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Cool music :KS

BuffaloX
April 10th, 2008, 03:44 PM
A nice site, but for it to be successful, you'll need more music.

Just a thought, but you could try to contact some people on myspace and ask if they are willing to put their music on your site, if they agree with the terms.

Thanks for your feedback, you are absolutely right, I tried your suggestion, but after sending one message at myspace, I cannot log in anymore. :confused:

Cool music :KS
Thanx my wife was very happy you like it.:guitar: