PDA

View Full Version : Windows is dangerous to one's health

zetetic
April 7th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I will tell you something about my experience.

I used Windows and DOS for more then 15 years.

Well, we all now Windows is pure crap, so I will not bother the readers enunciating dozens of reasons why Windows is rubbish.

The reason of this post is that even it Windows wasn't pure crap I couldn't use it, cause my Doctor wouldn't allow me to.

When I was using Windows (since, If I remember well, from Windows 95 or 98), my legs were always trembling and I could not control them. They were always shaking, up and down.

Also my breathing and heartbeat were not normal, and after a session on Windows I always felt very irritated and stressed.

So, It seems using Windows can be dangerous to one's health, and my doctor confirmed this.

When I started using Linux I calm down and since then I have been in perfect health.

Almost two years have passed and I've never used Windows again. But when I look to a friend's or college's Windows machine I start getting nauseas and so I need to move away and sleep a little bit.

Well, I would like to get your feedback and know about other people's similar experiences.

So please give your testimonial here.

zetetic

myusername
April 7th, 2008, 04:18 AM
wow thats a new one

fktt
April 7th, 2008, 04:21 AM
wow thats a new one what he said, well, kind of..
i have the win-shakes too, but they aren't totally gone yet(been using ubuntu for over a year now).

TeraDyne
April 7th, 2008, 04:24 AM

I've heard of nervousness around computers, but never anything like that. O_o;

kidux
April 7th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Since I've stopped using windows as my main home machine I've found I don't need to go to the shrink for my anger management problems anymore. They just went away when I went through the Linux install (at the time, Slackware). Installing Linux is very calming and cleansing. :p

warbread
April 7th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I will tell you something about my experience.

I used Windows and DOS for more then 15 years.

Well, we all now Windows is pure crap, so I will not bother the readers enunciating dozens of reasons why Windows is rubbish.

The reason of this post is that even it Windows wasn't pure crap I couldn't use it, cause my Doctor wouldn't allow me to.

When I was using Windows (since, If I remember well, from Windows 95 or 98), my legs were always trembling and I could not control them. They were always shaking, up and down.

Also my breathing and heartbeat were not normal, and after a session on Windows I always felt very irritated and stressed.

So, It seems using Windows can be dangerous to one's health, and my doctor confirmed this.

When I started using Linux I calm down and since then I have been in perfect health.

Almost two years have passed and I've never used Windows again. But when I look to a friend's or college's Windows machine I start getting nauseas and so I need to move away and sleep a little bit.

Well, I would like to get your feedback and know about other people's similar experiences.

So please give your testimonial here.

zetetic

As much as I would like to hold this testimonial up on high and praise the wonders of Linux, it is important to note that the problem here is psychological and has nothing to do with Windows itself.

That said, it's a very interesting anecdote. Congratulations on the good health. You should feel lucky that it worked out the way it did, with the free OS being the answer. Imagine the horror if your doctor had prescribed Vista Ultimate! :(:(

kidux
April 7th, 2008, 05:34 AM
As much as I would like to hold this testimonial up on high and praise the wonders of Linux, it is important to note that the problem here is psychological and has nothing to do with Windows itself.

That said, it's a very interesting anecdote. Congratulations on the good health. You should feel lucky that it worked out the way it did, with the free OS being the answer. Imagine the horror if your doctor had prescribed Vista Ultimate! :(:(

I'm pretty sure he's being facetious. At least I hope so... 8-[

2j4ez
November 4th, 2008, 10:12 AM
has Microsoft apologized for the inconvenience caused?

dustman
November 4th, 2008, 10:23 AM
well I also have that thing with the trembling of my feet, but I can't ditch windows...I need my games =P~

Giant Speck
November 4th, 2008, 10:25 AM
You have got to be kidding me.

What next? Windows caused cancer and Linux cured it?

Kevbert
November 4th, 2008, 10:29 AM
It certainly raises the blood pressure when that BSOD occurs or a program closes for no apparent reason and you're asked to send the information to Microsoft (does it just fall down a hole).
At least when you're using linux (and these forums) it has a calming effect as you know at least when a problem occurs you're more often than not going to receive some feedback.

dustman
November 4th, 2008, 10:32 AM

The next innovation in the medical field :lolflag:

fiddledd
November 4th, 2008, 10:43 AM
This thread would be funny if there wasn't people here who actually believed the OP.

I wonder if the Pharmaceutical industry will jump on the bandwagon and start producing Anti-Microsoft pills.

wersdaluv
November 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Haha. Exage

barbedsaber
November 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM
here, boot this disk once in the morning and once in the evening, without water. Just what the doctor ordered.

in other news, AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH H ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(capslock makes me cool)

73ckn797
November 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
It is really quite simple. There are subliminal screen flickers, sort of like the popcorn ads at the movies, where you are being pulled into a vortex on a sub-conscious level with messages on a frequency beyond an audible level. They are trying to scare you into thinking that their OS is all that you will ever need. It becomes like a walk through a horror house, only the images are scattering your electrons (much like they can scatter file bytes). You shake because you are coming apart at the seams.

In regards to an earlier comment about Linux being a cure for cancer:

I am waiting for the truth to finally be spoken:

Researchers have discovered they are the cause of cancer.

Paqman
November 4th, 2008, 12:00 PM
You have got to be kidding me.

Happens all the time, believe.

Once when I was using Windows, I actually died. But since using Linux, not only has my deadness cleared up, i've won the lottery and married a Swedish Bikini model. Thanks Linux!

Vince4Amy
November 4th, 2008, 12:16 PM
What is it with the Windows bashing. Windows is a good operating system and I like Vista. I use Slackware/OpenSUSE & Ubuntu and I also use Windows, there are strengths and weaknesses between them depending on what I want to do. And whilst I've used Windows I've never had these:

Viruses
BSODS (Only had these when I use bad drivers, had the same things on Linux, it happens on any OS. If you're using bad drivers of course it's going to crash, it can't do something it's not programmed properly to do)
Spyware
Adware

Giant Speck
November 4th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Happens all the time, believe.

Once when I was using Windows, I actually died. But since using Linux, not only has my deadness cleared up, i've won the lottery and married a Swedish Bikini model. Thanks Linux!

Sounds like a late night infomercial... :p

dustman
November 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM
This is fast becoming an argument about what's the best operating system (AGAIN!). There are hundreds of threads discussing that problem. The main thing is that the person who started the thread has a medical condition regarding the usage of windows, and the discussion should be oriented in that direction, and not towards "windows is better or not that Linux"!

Regards,

Radu

phoenix_snake
November 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
90% of the world uses windows and MANY of them are fine, the only ones using linux that are fine with it are 0.7% so one could ask whats dangerous now?

I can't believe no one said "don't feed the troll" or something probably cause its a linux forum?

itsStephen
November 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Windows is very frustrating and all but I think you have a problem...

lukjad
November 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Sounds like a late night infomercial... :p
Well, let's just follow a sequence of events.
1) Windows gets Viruses/Malware
2) MalWare Causes Stress
3) Stress lowers the immune system.
4) Lowered immune system allows infection/diseases
Therefore Windows=diseases

(Am I serious? You decide. :razz:)

phoenix_snake
November 4th, 2008, 01:01 PM
2) MalWare Causes Stress

about the windows gets viruses thing, problem has been solved with Vista and UAC for those who don't know...

Giant Speck
November 4th, 2008, 01:08 PM
2) MalWare Causes Stress

Now that reminds me of the 1999 made-for-TV movie Fatal Error, an incredibly lame story of a computer virus evolving into a deadly organic virus that kills victims trying to bypass or disconnect its hardware.

lukjad
November 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Now that reminds me of the 1999 made-for-TV movie Fatal Error, an incredibly lame story of a computer virus evolving into a deadly organic virus that kills victims trying to bypass or disconnect its hardware.
Oh, the horror! The Horror! Having to listen to that for 2 hours.

Eisenwinter
November 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
In regards to an earlier comment about Linux being a cure for cancer:

I am waiting for the truth to finally be spoken:

Researchers have discovered they are the cause of cancer.
+1 man.

Researchers have discovered researching is bad for your health, and damages the quality of life.

EdThaSlayer
November 4th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I just get afraid when I use Windows, just worrying about the next crash, next error, and knowing that there won't be an easy place to go to on the net to figure it out. ):P

Keyper7
November 4th, 2008, 04:10 PM
You know what makes me sad? Thinking that, despite the fact that the OP's described condition is completely independent of the operational system, in certain screwed up countries with one million lawyers too many, the OP could file a lawsuit against Microsoft and have an actual possibility of success.

pp.
November 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM
OP may not have been retarded but most certainly delayed. By about one week.