PDA

View Full Version : Needs to be said...

Perpetual
April 6th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I <3 Hardy

(Ok, now that I got the need to feel like a 13 year old teen girl over with, I have to say that Hardy has been very good to me on my laptop. All works well and I have had no breakage. FF3b5 is a definite improvement over FF3b4 and other than having my video card blacklisted in compiz.config [which has a workaround] I am very happy with this release. Thanks developers!)

Edit: This should have probably been posted in Community Cafe. Sorry.

EXCiD3
April 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'd have to agree 100%. I never used Gutsy because it always was giving me crap about my dual monitors. Sure enough, back in alpha 3 of Hardy it was already working perfectly out of the box. I absolutely love it! These next 18 days waiting for the official release are going to be looooong!

Perpetual
April 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I'd have to agree 100%. I never used Gutsy because it always was giving me crap about my dual monitors. Sure enough, back in alpha 3 of Hardy it was already working perfectly out of the box. I absolutely love it! These next 18 days waiting for the official release are going to be looooong!

Ah, you gave me an idea for something to do when my daughters take naps today. I have had crap luck with using external monitors on Gutsy. Will have to give it a go with Hardy.

loell
April 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM
ah, the lucky ones :lolflag:

I like it, but i'm still cautious to cast my <3 into it ;)

still seeing some bugs unfixed.

Perpetual
April 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM

Well, I have yet to find an OS that was completely bug free :) Have not found any show stoppers or even anything that has been very troublesome...for me anyhow.

Martje_001
April 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Besides that I've got problems with my camera, it's really great indeed!

Splat
April 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I can only agree, the few small glitches here and there are nothing compared to the issues I've experienced when trying to use *nix as a desktop OS over the past few years. Huge step forward IMO!

FuturePilot
April 6th, 2008, 05:24 PM

+1

Well, I have yet to find an OS that was completely bug free :) Have not found any show stoppers or even anything that has been very troublesome...for me anyhow.
I've found a number of show stoppers for me.:(