PDA

View Full Version : Dell advertises Ubuntu

smartboyathome
April 6th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Well, I saw a commercial today from dell which advertised Ubuntu. It didn't say it was Ubuntu but with the wallpaper, you could tell immediately it was. Just thought I would share.

PS: The dell commerical is viewable here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD9dA-MY_MY).

NightwishFan
April 6th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Could you take a screenshot I do not want to install flash but I would like to see. :)

TeraDyne
April 6th, 2008, 02:27 AM
That looks like a generic wallpaper\screensaver\CGI effect. I doubt it was an ad for Ubuntu.

rfruth
April 6th, 2008, 02:32 AM
This is great, go Dell !

kamaboko
April 6th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Hmmm...let's see. A brown desktop means it's Ubuntu? Not. Besides, Dell does not offer the Vostro line with Ubuntu. You got excited over a Microsoft loaded Dell. :lolflag:

Ozor Mox
April 6th, 2008, 02:35 AM
That looks like a generic wallpaper\screensaver\CGI effect. I doubt it was an ad for Ubuntu.

Unfortunately I think you're right. The only thing Ubuntu about the advert was the brown colour of the screen, which most likely means nothing at all.

smartboyathome
April 6th, 2008, 03:06 AM
The wallpaper WAS the Gutsy wallpaper. Oh well, looks like I jumped to conclusions too fast again. :lol:

fedex1993
April 6th, 2008, 03:24 AM
actually it wasnt a wallpaper it was a screensaver just watched it on tv

tdrusk
April 6th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Yeah I noticed that on the commercials. Maybe they are just doing it so people will wonder what that brown OS is.

DoctorMO
April 6th, 2008, 05:15 AM
If I know business then the guys at the bottom of the pile will have wanted to do ubuntu adverts but the big cheeses wouldn't allow it. So the only power they do have is the bland background used on the screen.

linuxbeatswin
April 6th, 2008, 07:19 AM
One day, though- folks, one day... and all will be well with the Linux community.

misfitpierce
April 6th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Brown wallpaper with effect are common and can be made easily. Doubtful it was ad aimed towards Ubuntu. I would like to see a full fledged Ubuntu ad... I would die in happiness.

Stabilityonitsown
April 6th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I want to see a Debian ad, I like Ubuntu and all but Debian is my favorite when it comes to Linux.