PDA

View Full Version : A request regarding threads related to Hardy

23meg
April 6th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Since the release of the beta, there's been a huge surge in the quantity of forum members interested in testing or trying out Hardy. The Hardy forum is truly flooded, more by fresh threads than posts to existing ones: it gets at least three times the amount of new threads started per unit time compared to the pre-beta stage. Threads related to Hardy are also being started in other forums, and moderators have been moving them to the Hardy forum. This is mostly fine.

However, some threads that are started in, or qualify to be in Community Cafe that consist mostly of chit chat and random speculation, as opposed to technical support or discussion regarding Hardy, are also getting moved to the Hardy forum. These threads tend to pick lots of replies, and dominate the top rows of the forum for quite a while, occupying space that's better reserved to support threads.

Keeping these threads in the Hardy forum is akin to keeping a "What's your favorite Compiz plugin?" thread in the Desktop Effects & Customization forum. I request the staff to keep them in Community Cafe.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=724922 and http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=738181 are two examples; I can cite more if needed.

NightwishFan
April 6th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Of course I am not a mod, but yeah that sounds like a good idea.

LaRoza
April 6th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Hardy threads that get moved are ones that are reported. We have a flood of such reports. Leaving such threads where they are is fine by me, just as long as they aren't reported.

PmDematagoda
April 6th, 2008, 03:04 AM
That is the reason why I kept the stickies concerning Hardy Heron in the support sections out of the Community Cafe since the excitement about Hardy is rather understandable and is appropriate for the Community Cafe despite the fact that Hardy Heron is still in beta.

In any case I will not act(i.e move them, etc.) on any Hardy threads in the Community Cafe unless it's a genuine request for help.