PDA

View Full Version : scammers

satanic-yobbo
April 5th, 2008, 02:10 PM
ok i got a scammer looking to try and get money out of me online how can i have some fun with him ? all i got is an email address but i think he is silly enough to open something i send him if i word it right for him so i am thinking a trojan or virus of some sort that i can rename to call it bank details or something ?? any ideas or help ?

Google Spider
April 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
i send him if i word it right for him so i am thinking a trojan or virus of some sort that i can rename to call it bank details or something ?? any ideas or help ?

aaawww........You're Evil :biggrin:

I don't know what OS scammers use, but if they're on Linux, your efforts will go in vain.:tongue:

Tomatz
April 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM
If you don't mind me asking. How is he trying to scam you???

satanic-yobbo
April 5th, 2008, 02:28 PM
aksing me for money so" she" can get out of trouble with someone that is trying to hurt her or something or other and i say "she" casue i am positive it is a guy pretending and just demanding bank details and numbers to credit cards which leads me to believe that they are not generally too intelligent casue as if anyone with half a brain is going to give out that stuff to someone that they just met online lol

and i hope that he is not using linux because i would hate to try and do something to it as it is almost impossible to hurt it from the outside so i am told which is one of the reasons i started to use it

fatality_uk
April 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
ok i got a scammer looking to try and get money out of me online how can i have some fun with him ? all i got is an email address but i think he is silly enough to open something i send him if i word it right for him so i am thinking a trojan or virus of some sort that i can rename to call it bank details or something ?? any ideas or help ?

And "technically" you could be breaking the misuse of computers act or relevant law in your part of the world. I would suggest reporting him to your areas police PC unit, many bigger towns cities have one and let them deal with it.

Yes it's annoying, yes you want the guy to suffer, but don't put yourself in a tricky legal position. If by some long shot it were genuine and you sent him a trojan, then he could sue you for hacking his PC!!!

satanic-yobbo
April 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
could he do this just from knowing my email address ? becasue thats all the info he has got of mine just curious btw asking because i dont know not to be an ***

Tomatz
April 5th, 2008, 02:34 PM
LOL

Yeah my girlfriend gets some like those (she's not too carefull about who she emails)

You can either:

Forward the email to abuse@[email provider e.g yahoo] the email provider will shut their account down.

or just play with them and waste their time then shut their account down.

I wouldn't bother sending viruses chances are their antivirus would intercept it anyway.

:guitar:

satanic-yobbo
April 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
lol yeah my little bro likes to give my email address out to anyone he can just to be a *** but he gets his own back when windows breaks time and time again and has to come and ask for me to fix it yet again lol (i love linux so much ) and yeah i think ill just keep playing with him for a bit and the have his account shut down the "proper" way cheers guys for the advice and responses

insane_alien
April 5th, 2008, 02:39 PM
waste their time, send false bank details, fake information, fake anything
just don't hint at anything real.

Tomatz
April 5th, 2008, 02:44 PM
As much as i find your signature funny. You might want to change it before you get kicked (the moderators hate swearing) ;)

:lolflag:

satanic-yobbo
April 5th, 2008, 02:50 PM
yeah ok i didnt really think it was offensive either but i changed it just to be safe :twisted: do you think that this is more acceptable ?

JonUK76
April 5th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Say you sympathise and will consider sending some money if she forwards you some pics. Ask for increasingly bizarre pics of her holding up stupid objects and such like.

satanic-yobbo
April 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM
hahahahahahaha brilliant idea this i will do and if i get pics from her i will post them for all to see thanks for the idea :) ( obviously they will not be offensive photos )

barbedsaber
April 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
subscribed

bigbrovar
April 5th, 2008, 03:00 PM
i think u should report to the local police or any local authority in charge of fraud .. i do get spam mail sometimes to and i do feel the urge to send the spammer a virus .. i have a folder full of windows virus .. the worse of the worst
:lolflag:

barbedsaber
April 5th, 2008, 03:02 PM
if i PM you my email addres (I trust you because you use ubuntu) will you email me those.

bapoumba
April 5th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Spam filters work quite well nowadays. Retaliation is useless. Closing.