PDA

View Full Version : Someone help with my wiki?

The Titan
April 5th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I have a wiki (see my sig) and it is really amateur. It's a development wiki for my project and it just doesn't do the trick for me. I'm bad at making things sound good or explaining things and making things easy to follow. I was wondering if someone would be interested in helping me "lay out" a wiki. I would put you in the credits of my project in the future (it's still a baby). And it would be appreciated :) Reply or email me, either works.. You could also message me on MSN or Gmail, msn: king_stretch@hotmail.com Google: thetit4n@gmail.com

Biggus
April 5th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I think the first thing ya might wanna get is a logo of some sort for the top left of the page, the current one looks a bit plain for my liking dude.

The Titan
April 5th, 2008, 12:48 AM
I think the first thing ya might wanna get is a logo of some sort for the top left of the page, the current one looks a bit plain for my liking dude.
I could NOT agree with you more, i just haven't had the time and i'm not very good with gimp. I'm gonna attack that now. Are you interested in helping me out?

Biggus
April 5th, 2008, 01:00 AM
I could NOT agree with you more, i just haven't had the time and i'm not very good with gimp. I'm gonna attack that now. Are you interested in helping me out?

You must be joking, I am the worlds worst graphics designer. :)

You could maybe take a look at some other wikis, and see how they lay things out.

Some of them I don't particularly like (like wikileaks) and some I do (like uncyclopedia).

One thing I did note was that you are actually running your wiki on an ubuntu based server, well done dude, an excellent choice, and I'm sure everyone wishes you well with it.

Maybe some other users have more skills and can help ya out with this I hope.

The Titan
April 5th, 2008, 01:02 AM
You must be joking, I am the worlds worst graphics designer. :)

You could maybe take a look at some other wikis, and see how they lay things out.

Some of them I don't particularly like (like wikileaks) and some I do (like uncyclopedia).

One thing I did note was that you are actually running your wiki on an ubuntu based server, well done dude, an excellent choice, and I'm sure everyone wishes you well with it.

Maybe some other users have more skills and can help ya out with this I hope.
I didn't necessarily mean with the images, just laying out the wiki. It's all good though, you gave me something to do!

The Titan
April 5th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I didn't necessarily mean with the images, just laying out the wiki. It's all good though, you gave me something to do!
Anyone else? Just help me out? There isn't that much work involved...