PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Linux Car Stickers

sanderella
April 4th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Shouldn't we all be sporting Car Stickers to educate the general public that there are better os's than Windows? Why haven't we got Ubuntu car stickers in the Canonical shop? Big ones that will cover 12 inches by 3 inches across your back windscreen?:confused: I want one and I want it NOW.:popcorn:

eragon100
April 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Great idea! But I don't have a car (I'm 16), so I want a window sticker :lolflag:

WastingBody
April 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I put one of the stickers that come with the ShipIt Ubuntu CDs on my truck's bumper.

macogw
April 4th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I thought they were supposed to go on the bumper, not the window.

speedwell68
April 5th, 2008, 01:16 AM
I thought they were supposed to go on the bumper, not the window.

I love window stickers, my '68 VW Bus is covered in them.:D Where do I get one?:D

mybunche
April 5th, 2008, 05:10 AM
This will be fantastic advertising. I don't have any stickers on my car but I would put an Ubuntu sticker on.

linuxbeatswin
April 5th, 2008, 05:21 AM
I love window stickers, my '68 VW Bus is covered in them.:D Where do I get one?:D

Vee-Dubs are absolutely fantastic, eh? I have a '70 bug that I adore, (With my one and only Ubuntu sticker on it, of course.) I LOVE that little car!!!!!
Anyway, I started making "powered by Linux" and "Powered by Ubuntu" stickers by hand and putting them on the desktops at school. Ummmm... maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that??? No copyright infringement is it? Oh, crap..... hope I don't tick someone off, eh?? :confused:

macogw
April 5th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Vee-Dubs are absolutely fantastic, eh? I have a '70 bug that I adore, (With my one and only Ubuntu sticker on it, of course.) I LOVE that little car!!!!!
Anyway, I started making "powered by Linux" and "Powered by Ubuntu" stickers by hand and putting them on the desktops at school. Ummmm... maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that??? No copyright infringement is it? Oh, crap..... hope I don't tick someone off, eh?? :confused:

That'd be trademark, not copyright, and as long as it's not for commercial purposes, you're fine. If you're selling Ubuntu-logo stuff or using it for business reasons, then you need to ask Canonical for permission.

linuxbeatswin
April 5th, 2008, 07:09 AM
That'd be trademark, not copyright, and as long as it's not for commercial purposes, you're fine. If you're selling Ubuntu-logo stuff or using it for business reasons, then you need to ask Canonical for permission.

Nope, just slapping 'em on computers at school. They peel easily so no "sticker damage" is done.