PDA

View Full Version : Reading and time for it!!!

chrispche
April 4th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Do you ever find that you go through phases of reading alot and then nothing. I'm at that period now, it's annoying the F out of me. I just can't get into reading right now. I know the reading phase will return, as this has happened to me before.

Although I just got a new computer and playing the latest games on it might be something to do with it. But I love reading so much was thinking of un-installing the games to force me to read, but it's a phase and I shall grow tired if the games and read again.

Apart from the games bit does anyone else get this readers block?

PS It's those damn Half Life 2 games!

Kingsley
April 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I feel ya man. I'm going through it right now. It's hard to get into the leisure reading habit when I have tests every other week.

TeraDyne
April 4th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I read quite a bit, but I take breaks at times in order to avoid burnout. Right now, I'm reading The Fox Woman by Kij Johnson, but I take breaks every once in a while to work on my fanfic, or to play a video game. That way, I don't experience that sort of reader's block.

dashnak
April 4th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I go through that as well. Right now I've been reading like crazy, like one and a half books every week, just right after a period of 2 months that I didn't touch a book.
Right now I'm reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

Koori23
April 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I'll do that. I'll read one book after another.. Then it seems, I stumble on a book that sucks, not finish it, then lose all motivation for a period of time.