PDA

View Full Version : Televantage 7 in wine

engele
April 4th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I can't get Televantage viewpoint to run. It acts as though wine isn't seeing the rest of my network and specifically my Televantage server.

If I choose to "browse my network" with the terrible windows network tree, "my network" is empty.

All that aside, I also get an "out of memory" error. I have 4GB of RAM. Most of it is free.

I am frustrated. I have IE running fine, so I figured most of my networking would work, but it doesn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now my brain is fried, and I am not thinking clearly, but if I can get this to work, I can pretty much get rid of windows entirely for most of my network users.

I get a 7555 error (I think that is right, but wine is hard to read [I messed up the resolution somehow, I'll fix that later]) and then Televantage Viewpoint asks if I want to report the error.

I choose "yes" and the app bombs out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

kd2323
May 22nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
I work for a Vertical resaler and one thing I have noticed about televantage is that it is very reliant on the registry, Dcom settings, and windows domains. You would probably have to install the .NET framework into WINE as a few other services of that type. WINEs website said it it supports TV5 but I didn't see anything for 7. Allworx would be a better VoIP implementation when working with WINE. I have already tested the Allworx Call Assistant application and it runs with no problems.

engele
July 17th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Well I ran up against a wall on this for awhile, but if I can make this work, I can literally replace about 35 PCs with a pre-setup VM, on top of OSX. We have a lot of macs in our business and this would be a great introduction to Ubuntu for my users. Anyhow, I think I am going to try to pick this up again and fight with it a little this week. I'll report back if I have any success...

Bill_in_SD
August 28th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Any success with 6.x?
I am working on that right now.......

Bill in SD

engele
November 20th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I have not hit on the right combination of factors to get this working yet. I picked it back up today after a few months of letting it sit idle. I am going to start with a clean install of 8.10 and Wine and see where I end up.

Let me know if you have any success.

I'll try to remember to post some screenshots as I find the problems again.

-EE