PDA

View Full Version : Going for the apples!!

gashcr
April 4th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Hey guys, some news... partly sad, partly good... I'm joining the working force at Apple next Monday, on one of my country's Apple Stores :P

I wanna publicly declare that, even when I'll have the mission of filling Steve's pockets a bit more, my heart will always remain OSS :P... jaja, pathetic declarations... lol

I just wanted to share it with you guys! Hope I'll do it fine there.

days_of_ruin
April 4th, 2008, 03:44 AM
I dare you to but ubuntu on a mac>.>

zmjjmz
April 4th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Be sure to recommend Crossover Mac instead of Parallels!

banjobacon
April 4th, 2008, 04:01 AM
"Yes, you can run Windows on this computer. If fact, you can run Ubuntu, too. Let me tell you all about it..."

gashcr
April 4th, 2008, 05:43 AM
I dare you to but ubuntu on a mac>.>

jeje, I'll do it after some time, when I know they won't fire me for trying so :P

gashcr
April 4th, 2008, 05:44 AM
"Yes, you can run Windows on this computer. If fact, you can run Ubuntu, too. Let me tell you all about it..."

ROFL!!!

John T. Monkey
April 4th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I went to an Apple store for the first time not long ago, and stood around playing with the iPhone until I got dragged away. It was great :)

Good luck with the new job. :)

LaRoza
April 4th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I want a job...any job.

Good luck, and have fun.

Apple stores probably don't have my favourite software in stores: Anti Virus. I (and other Linux users and Mac users) stand around the AV displays until a sales rep comes over and asks if we need help, and we say "Nope, I don't need AV, I use Linux!" and walk away.

aeiah
April 4th, 2008, 01:21 PM
whenever im near a mac in a store i try and click on loads of things really quick to try and crash it. does that make me a bad person? :(

Linuxratty
April 4th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Well,good luck. You gotta do what you gotta do...
Apple works on the principal of trickle up economics you know..That's where the money made by those who do the most work trickles up to those who do the least.

gashcr
April 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Well, It's not going to be that bad :P, no more than my former job... I was working in that crippling store 11 hours a day and they were paying less than I will get in the apple store for 7 hours time :P

And... I'm sure I will see happier customers :)

Lord Illidan
April 4th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Working at Apple.

Ok, I give you guys my full permission to throw tomatoes, hamburgers and other sharp/blunt/heavy objects at him.

Joking aside, good luck!

PartisanEntity
April 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I'm joining the working force at Apple next Monday, on one of my country's Apple Stores :P

Good news, have fun!

But make sure to work in the store from time to time, just so they know you're around :)

fatality_uk
April 4th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Is it in the "Genius" Bar?
Oxymoron if ever there was one!!

warbread
April 5th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I wonder if your managers are trained to yell at you until you cry...

Do you get a discount for working there?

gashcr
April 5th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Good news, have fun!

But make sure to work in the store from time to time, just so they know you're around :)

jeje, sorry... english is not my language... sometimes it happens to me I make some little mistakes like those :P

gashcr
April 5th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I wonder if your managers are trained to yell at you until you cry...

Do you get a discount for working there?

Actually the manager seems pretty nice... and I bet they'll give some discount :P, gotta be there to tell for sure.

To fatality: No... I think I'm gonna be at sales, but the store here is kind of small... so I think I'm gonna be doing a little bit of everything :lolflag: