PDA

View Full Version : What do people here think of these people?

adn258
April 3rd, 2008, 06:48 AM
I think they are ridiculous and for us almost something to laugh it but remember the old Trojan for windows sub7. People actually get together on a site download it and try to hack people and talk about it in forums. Dumb huh? lol Look at the site for yourself and give me your opinion.

www.sub7legends.com (http://www.sub7legends.com)

wPwLUi3N
April 3rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
I dont think they are dumb or stupid.

What is crap for one is treasure for other.

Its unfair to judge them from our rose coloured glasses.

D-EJ915
April 4th, 2008, 01:41 AM
lol that thing is old school, thanks for reminding me about it :lolflag:

diskotek
April 4th, 2008, 01:43 AM
what's the usefull point about this program so???
may be the kids might feel better to hack somebody else's computer.... anything more?

pseudo-random
April 4th, 2008, 01:44 AM
"Memories...from the corner of my mind..."
A: B: Go to bed kid.
B: STFU, I'll run Sub7 on your ***.
A: Night.

aaaantoine
April 4th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I remember someone doing this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinNuke) to me back in the olden days...

herbster
April 4th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Goodness this brings back memories, hahaha. I'll never ever forget being trojanized and being on IRC, suspecting something and typing to the tune of "damn hackers, should just leave people alone, must need better therapists" and a dialog box popped up immediately: "Can you recommend someone?" and my computer shutdown, haha. Ah, the good ol' days.

And of course nuking dial-up users on IRC and seeing the:

superguy69 has quit (Connection timed out)

over and over, hahaha.

Tundro Walker
April 4th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Script kiddies are the necessary evil, the "trial by fire" for our modern technology. Some may think they're stupid, and some may get ticked when they bomb someone's computer, but really, you're just getting angry at the messenger ... the messenger that's letting you know your OS sucks.

Bill Gates built up Windows in a bubble of pink skies and green fields, thinking everyone would just use it for good. Then folks bomb the crap out of each other with it.

It's like how Richard Garriot, the creator of the Ultima series, was shocked when someone killed him during an early session of Ultima Online. He not only shocked that he died, but more so that someone would have the audacity to attempt to attack his character. The real world, of jerk kids and a-hole players had suddenly shattered the chivalrous do-gooder bubble he had long-developed his game worlds in. Ultima Online then proceeded to be nothing more than gangs robbing people, bullies PK'ing noobs, and online megalomaniacs creating their own personal factions/fiefdoms.

We may not like it, but we need things like this to help stress test everything around us. Would you rather someone bomb your butt on IRC, and that flaw get sorted out in the OS while it's still just a nuisance, or have that flaw still exist and someone bomb the OS while its in use at some mission-critical task, like air-traffic controlling or something?

These script kiddies play a vital role in society ... and they do it all for free.

Of course, that's not to say I wouldn't want to smack the little runts for being jerks, though. :)