PDA

View Full Version : How to join Team Bahamut?

Kapre
October 11th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Just curious because I have been seeing members here that has "Team Bahamut" on their description. I know that there will be a criteria on how to get to the team. I know before there was a change in forum mods and forum look, there was a proposed "600 club" (members having more than 600 posts) which I think is gone already.

Can I join the team? Just asking.;)

poofyhairguy
October 11th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Just curious because I have been seeing members here that has "Team Bahamut" on their description. I know that there will be a criteria on how to get to the team. I know before there was a change in forum mods and forum look, there was a proposed "600 club" (members having more than 600 posts) which I think is gone already.

Can I join the team? Just asking.;)

The team system that is being introduced is a way to reward users who have shown a commitment to Ubuntu and the forums. We keep a careful eye on users here, and those that distinguish themselves in some area or another are asked by Team leaders to join whatever team us moderators believe they can help the most.

Its a volunteer position, but it is also a position that one must be asked to join. If you want to be on a team and help the forum grow, the best way is to do your best to help new and old users on this forum in whatever area is your expertise. We will pay attention to all good deeds done here, and if you prove your worth we will invite you into a team.

Unlike the old VIP system based on post count, the new system is a meritocracy much like many important projects in the Linux community (the kernel for instance).

sapo
October 11th, 2005, 08:01 PM
if i would be asked to join some team it would be for sure the "Ubuntu flood team" hehe

:KS

Pablo_Escobar
October 11th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Hey !!

I want to be in the Teletubbies Team !! :D :D :D

bored2k
October 11th, 2005, 08:02 PM
if i would be asked to join some team it would be for sure the "Ubuntu flood team" hehe

:KS
Sapo I said I wasn't going to start it ok !? :-P

sapo
October 11th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Sapo I said I wasn't going to start it ok !? :-P

yo bored2k.. its been a long time :)

btw.. an Otaku Team would be perfect

KingBahamut
October 11th, 2005, 08:23 PM
I dunno.....I got on the team and dont know how. =)

Perfect Storm
October 11th, 2005, 08:42 PM
You looked in the mirror and pinpointed yourself :-\"

Kapre
October 11th, 2005, 09:43 PM
The team system that is being introduced is a way to reward users who have shown a commitment to Ubuntu and the forums. We keep a careful eye on users here, and those that distinguish themselves in some area or another are asked by Team leaders to join whatever team us moderators believe they can help the most.

Its a volunteer position, but it is also a position that one must be asked to join. If you want to be on a team and help the forum grow, the best way is to do your best to help new and old users on this forum in whatever area is your expertise. We will pay attention to all good deeds done here, and if you prove your worth we will invite you into a team.

Unlike the old VIP system based on post count, the new system is a meritocracy much like many important projects in the Linux community (the kernel for instance).

Very well said. Thanks for the info. I'll just work hard (meaning help the best that I could) so that I can earn the badge (Team Bahamut or Team whatever).

KB - You RuLe.

K

marketing_ubuntu
October 11th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Hey there,

You could always get involved with the marketing team - if you want to help make a difference. We're actually open to _everyone_... see:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam

If you look at our scope, you'll see what we're looking for, and what we intend to do.

"Its a volunteer position" - poofyhairguy

Roger that - no money, no benefits - apart from being able to change the world, lol. And we're not about 'tags' - we're about getting the job done...:)

:)

Kapre
October 12th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Hey there,

You could always get involved with the marketing team - if you want to help make a difference. We're actually open to _everyone_... see:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam

If you look at our scope, you'll see what we're looking for, and what we intend to do.

"Its a volunteer position" - poofyhairguy

Roger that - no money, no benefits - apart from being able to change the world, lol. And we're not about 'tags' - we're about getting the job done...:)

:)

Count me in. I've already finish registering. Thanks.

K

darkmatter
October 12th, 2005, 01:23 AM
And selling your soul to the highest bidder is a great way of increasing the odds in your favor.:p

Lovechild
October 12th, 2005, 01:35 AM
I'm forming "Team death and destruction" for dedicated Dapper testers - I intend to do my path of destruction on Dapper and every day I cannot find a bug to file is a failure!

Who's with me??

Kapre
October 12th, 2005, 02:09 AM
I'm forming "Team death and destruction" for dedicated Dapper testers - I intend to do my path of destruction on Dapper and every day I cannot find a bug to file is a failure!

Who's with me??

That's right Team D.E.A.T.H which stands for Dappers Extra Assignment Team of Horrors. Kool! :smile:

Lovechild
October 12th, 2005, 04:10 AM
It will be a seek and destory mission men.. many of you might not come back alive or with your sanity intact. Your families and loved ones will question if what you are fighting is really worth it. But mind you this, our sagrifice will be remembered by millions, we shall live on in imfamy as those who dared fight for freedom..

I speak to you a humbled man, ready to die for what I believe in...

DEATH TO BUGS!!!

over the top?

Luke Luke....your targeting computer is off......Stay on target....Stay on target. KB