PDA

View Full Version : MAMPP on OS X Server

DouglasAWh
April 2nd, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'm not an Apple user anymore though for a brief period I was. I'm also not a sysadmin...but I pretend.

I downloaded and installed the OS X version of MAMPP from XAMPP and when I go to start a service (Apache or MySQL) from the XAMPP control panel, it never says it finishes. It just says "XAMPP: Starting MySQL..." I assume this is not the way it should be.

Also, it appears OS X server has a built in web server. How do I turn that off and use the XAMPP one so that I get all the modules and connections working properly?

Thanks!

DouglasAWh
April 7th, 2008, 01:53 AM
I'm sorta derailing my own post, but it is still about MAMPP on OS X Server. I've discovered that MySQL is preinstalled in OS X and once I can figure out for certain if PHP is install I'll really start to be in business. Now, the question is, are the built in Apache and MySQL already set to play nice together? Also, I read (http://macos-x-server.com/wiki/index.php?title=Built-in_Apache_2) that OS X has an Apache Admin tool. How do I get to such a beast? I don't see it. I'll poke around for it some more tomorrow, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

Thanks!