PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] I need program to store phone numbers

bigbrovar
April 2nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
i always tend to lose my phone and with it all my contacts .. so now i just store them on my pc .. inform of ..txt what i need is a program where i can easily store all my phone and it would be neatly organised .. of course it most me ubuntu based :) .. and i dont care if it cant sync with a mobile phone .. cus i dont mind putting the numbers manually .... can anyone help me

LaRoza
April 2nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
How about a spreadsheet or database?

(OpenOffice has both)

bigbrovar
April 2nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
How about a spreadsheet or database?

(OpenOffice has both)

waoh thats a new one .. i think i would prefer something ment specifically for keeping contacts esp phone numbers .. beside i dont know how to use spreadsheet or database .. never used them b4 .. but thanks anyway

billgoldberg
April 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
waoh thats a new one .. i think i would prefer something ment specifically for keeping contacts esp phone numbers .. beside i dont know how to use spreadsheet or database .. never used them b4 .. but thanks anyway

I use a spreadsheet for that.

Just make 2 columns, 1 for the name and one for the number. It can't be easier than that.

OR

Go to add/remove (make sure you enable "all available applications" in the top right) then go to the "office" section and look for an application.

After 10 seconds I saw there is an app called "contacts", and I'm pretty sure there are others like that in there.

Ozor Mox
April 2nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
I also use a spreadsheet on my computer, because I know it's only a matter of when not if I lose my phone or sim card.

tad1073
April 2nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Use your e-mail client

sanderella
April 2nd, 2008, 08:06 PM
Me, too. We all use spreadsheets to store info like that. U can even do it on an OO word document and put columns in.:confused:

bigbrovar
April 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
i guess its either am stupid ](*,) or ubuntu forums has made me soo lazy that all i have to do is paste my needs and within secs i would have a reply .. from someone willing to help .. when infact what i need is just there waiting in add and remove .. Thanks man i got exactly what i want .. infact i got over 4 programs that does exactly what i needed .. and i really should i have checked add and remove b4 bothering the good pple of ubuntu forums .. :lolflag:

madjr
April 2nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
i guess its either am stupid ](*,) or ubuntu forums has made me soo lazy that all i have to do is paste my needs and within secs i would have a reply .. from someone willing to help .. when infact what i need is just there waiting in add and remove .. Thanks man i got exactly what i want .. infact i got over 4 programs that does exactly what i needed .. and i really should i have checked add and remove b4 bothering the good pple of ubuntu forums .. :lolflag:

what program did you install ?

did you try monosim or wammu?

visionaire
April 2nd, 2008, 11:44 PM
i just use Kontact

macogw
April 3rd, 2008, 05:18 AM
KAddressbook is the best address book, IMO. Rubrica's got just as many features and as much flexibility and is for GNOME, but its interface is a little confusing.

Zannax
April 3rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Well, why not just plain old Evolution? :-)
(if you're using Gnome).

You can store not only e-mail address (if any) but almost every kind of information about your contacts...
This way it'll be all well integrated :-)