PDA

View Full Version : IM clients of profile need to be added.

jesusfreak107
April 2nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
we need Google Talk, and maybe even Myspace IM to be added to the selectable IM clients that we use. Especially Google Talk, a TON of people use that.
Thanks in advance!
:guitar:

-grubby
April 2nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Google Talk is just a Jabber server

LaRoza
April 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
MySpace is evil.

-grubby
April 2nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
MySpace is evil.

Also, how many UF members do I know with a MySpace IM account? None.

notwen
April 2nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
I'm all for more IM clients, but can we please avoid the social networking ones. I'll donate beans to keep this from happening. =]

jesusfreak107
April 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Okay, forget Myspace. (yes, it's evil. I only use the IM to talk to a couple of my friends. I use Facebook.)

I did not know it was Jabber. Well, okay, I sorta did, I guess I forgot. so... if my Gmail was user1111@gmail.com, I could put "user1111" in the jabber section?

jesusfreak107
April 2nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
good point. nevermind about the myspace, then.

jesusfreak107
April 2nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
MySpace is evil.
Amen. I just did not know if that was the general opinion around here. I use Myspace to keep in touch with 2 or 3 friends, but that is it.

LaRoza
April 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
Amen. I just did not know if that was the general opinion around here. I use Myspace to keep in touch with 2 or 3 friends, but that is it.

As a web developer and breathing human, I find MySpace guilty of crimes against humanity and more importantly, breaking every web standard every written.

p_quarles
April 2nd, 2008, 07:34 PM
Okay, forget Myspace. (yes, it's evil. I only use the IM to talk to a couple of my friends. I use Facebook.)

I did not know it was Jabber. Well, okay, I sorta did, I guess I forgot. so... if my Gmail was user1111@gmail.com, I could put "user1111" in the jabber section?
You would put in your entire gmail address as the jabber ID.

If you're not crazy about placing your real e-mail address on the forum, though, it's easy to get a free account on other dedicated jabber servers. For instance, jabber.org.

jesusfreak107
April 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
easy, I have a junk E-mail address which I give to everything that wants one.