PDA

View Full Version : Create your own server question?

r0ut3r
April 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
I have been following the "Create your own server" "How To" and decided to attempt this myself.

I followed the instructions from Part 1 with no problems. However, now I tried part 2 from issue 10 and it won't allow me to run any of the sudo commands. It says my username isn't in the sudoers. Looking back to Part 1 when I loaded the server version and created my username it says it doesn't have administrative rights.

How can I elevate my username to appropriate status or get my username into the admin group?

ronniet
April 5th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I have been following the "Create your own server" "How To" and decided to attempt this myself.

I followed the instructions from Part 1 with no problems. However, now I tried part 2 from issue 10 and it won't allow me to run any of the sudo commands. It says my username isn't in the sudoers. Looking back to Part 1 when I loaded the server version and created my username it says it doesn't have administrative rights.

How can I elevate my username to appropriate status or get my username into the admin group?

From Daniel, writer of Create Your Own Server:

Press esc to access the grub boot menu.

Choose Recovery mode (should be the second option) and hit enter.

It will start up and you will have a command line which should show: root@ubuntu#

Type in: adduser "username" admin

Hopefully that should sort your problem.