PDA

View Full Version : Blogging software that posts to a text file?

PartisanEntity
April 2nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Dear fellow Ubuntuists,

Once again I need your help, just tryed searching Google but I can't seem to find that I am looking for:

a) Can Wordpress be made to post to a text file instead of DB ?

b) Anyone know of simple and easy to use blogging software that can post to a text file and be incorporated into static html files? (To display the latest post from the blog as a kind of 'latest news' on the static page. I know WP can do this using a mini-loop as it's called).

Thank you!

dada1958
April 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Have a look at Pivot (http://www.pivotlog.net/).

23meg
April 2nd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Texty (http://texty.com/) is a service that may do what you want.

PartisanEntity
April 7th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Ever since I posted this I have been going through quite an interesting experience.

I looked at Pivot, it is very simple to use, stand alone and doesn't require any database in the backend. Great I thought, finally I can implement a simple blogging system so my client can have a 'latest news' section on their site which they can edit themselves.

Unfortunately it turns out that they do not even have php in their hosting plan and hence Pivot will not work.

Basically I want to offer my client an easy way of adding 'latest news' to their site.

Is there any other solution to get this working? Perhaps a javascript prompt where they can enter title and body and this gets displayed on the main page?

I am about to give up and the client does not wish to invest in mysql or php.

Please help :)

23meg
April 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Is there any other solution to get this working? Perhaps a javascript prompt where they can enter title and body and this gets displayed on the main page?

Texty should work with just JS. Server-side TiddlyWiki can also be a (somewhat clunky but ready) solution.

PartisanEntity
April 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hmm I just realised how Texty works, I did not understand it the first time I looked at it. That might be the solution.