PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about linsux.org website

LinuxLovingFalla
March 28th, 2008, 05:45 AM
These guy's have been spamming digg, they claim to be the ex members of linuxsucks.org, they are writing some not very nice things about ubuntu :( :confused: .. :mad:

i mean wtf##$$$?.@ IS THIS??? http://www.linsux.org/viewtopic.php?t=20&f=2

please. we need to have people like this sterilised at birth

LinuxLovingFalla
March 28th, 2008, 05:50 AM
:@@@@@@
http://www.linsux.org/viewtopic.php?t=19&f=2

HOW DARE THEY

Mr. Picklesworth
March 28th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Somebody has way too much time on his hands and is just begging to get signed up to every spam mailing list on the planet for the rest of eternity. (A fine method of nudging people off of the Internet, I find).

Reminds me of this guy...
http://jerryleecooper.com/

akiratheoni
March 28th, 2008, 05:57 AM
It sounds either super, super satirical, or they're just retarded.

hhhhhx
March 28th, 2008, 06:05 AM
hey what do you know, linuxsuxs got a new design, the old one was just terrible, oh.. ya.. and linuxsuxs sucks

LinuxLovingFalla
March 28th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Some of its TOO satirical & some of its tooo serious its lame. but it just gets to me you know :| why do people want to do this to ubuntu whichs meaning is

Linux For Human Beings. :|

NightwishFan
March 28th, 2008, 06:12 AM
:)
I almost cracked a smile. I hope they aren't serious because then I actually MIGHT hack them and shut them down. If I have my morning coffee first.

|2A|N
March 28th, 2008, 06:17 AM
That website won't be up much longer nor will he..... what goes around comes around.

NightwishFan
March 28th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Strange how posting about that here will give those articles way more attention than if you did not.

Chessmaster
March 28th, 2008, 06:24 AM
The world is full of morons...

Although I did smile when I read the one about the default brown colour scheme...

Ubuntu needs a new default colour. The first time I loaded it I got a real fright.

LinuxLovingFalla
March 28th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Strange how posting about that here will give those articles way more attention than if you did not.

huh?!?!?! i came across it and it boiled my blood man.. dont acuse me of **** like that EVER

i would be happy if one of u guys took that dam site down lol

NightwishFan
March 28th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I was merely pointing out. It annoyed me a bit too but only because some people are fools enough to believe things like that. :KS

Saint Angeles
March 28th, 2008, 06:36 AM
im not saying anybody should hack this site (and destroy the database and all the code and everything else), but....

i forgot.

Salpiche
March 28th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Why shall we stress over this? just look at the amount of people viewing that site at 1:29 am EST, 7 guests and most likely they were all from here laughing at this Jack Azz, now look at the amount of family members we have (and by family members I mean us Ubuntu users) here at any given time(1:36 am EST 7 minutes later)... hummm I think that those number speak louder than 10 dumb points...

Good Night Family! :guitar:

Chessmaster
March 28th, 2008, 06:37 AM
So, how do hackers feel about "free speech" and "taking down" people's sites?

Is it a case of all is fair game in the OS wars?

tubasoldier
You have to register to comment. LOL.

I remember back about a year ago the site looked like a flashback from the early 90's.

There is always someone somewhere who hates things that are different. We could possibly coin a new phrase here. Linux Racist.
The same thing happens in race. The same thing happens in religion. The same thing happens in politics. Because someone disagrees with you they feel they must do everything they can to destroy what you do. Look at 4chan and their uncanny hatred of Scientology. Why? Because they don't feel people should have the freedom of religion. Look at the history of the United States in relation to race. Their freedoms should be limited beacause of race. Look at the banter in politics. Its all the same.

So why would somone do this? They want to limit your freedom and the freedom of others.

In the end I wouldn't worry about it. When it comes down to it stupid stuff like this will only fool the stupid, who we don't need using Linux anyways. If you really think about it who in their right mind would read a ghey website like that unless they are too retarded to set up an Operating System. Perhaps we could get the developer from SkyOS to join in.

BTW. anyone who registers a URL like linuxsucks.org and doesn't put his real name in the registration doesn't have the balls to back up what he says.
Open a terminal and do a "whois linuxsucks.org" and you will find the name is NULL NULL. Good one you cowardly ****** from Westminster, Colorado.

NightwishFan
Half of them likely posted in this thread. :lolflag:

Chessmaster
March 28th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Linux Racist = Linuxist.

xArv3nx
March 28th, 2008, 06:51 AM
It's OK. I mean.. we flame Windows, right?

tubasoldier
March 28th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Why would you want to hack the site and bring it down?

We believe Linux to be a great Operating System.
We believe in the freedom of speech.
We believe man may run software how, where, or what OS they may.

I'm just saying that giving press to bad press just makes for more bad press...

hhhhhx
March 28th, 2008, 07:15 AM
It's OK. I mean.. we flame Windows, right?
ya, but thats different, linux is actualy good. :lolflag:

Saint Angeles
March 28th, 2008, 07:15 AM

wah wah wah...

its a joke... like this site. spreading complete ignorance to the masses.

why would you not want us to hack the site? you are being intolerant of those of us who have different life choices.

wah wah wah...

tubasoldier
March 28th, 2008, 07:17 AM
wah wah wah...

its a joke... like this site. spreading complete ignorance to the masses.

why would you not want us to hack the site? you are being intolerant of those of us who have different life choices.

wah wah wah...

Perhaps we should limit your freedom of speech?

xArv3nx
March 28th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Which is why Linux has <1% market share, right?

Yeah..

NightwishFan
March 28th, 2008, 07:46 AM

Yeah..

Are you using the ambiguity of your statement as a tease?

hhhhhx
March 28th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Yeah..
yep, if linux was 99% of the market share, it probably wouldn't be any good

acirilo
March 28th, 2008, 08:05 AM

actually linux does suck........for people that are mentally lazy.

hhhhhx
March 28th, 2008, 08:07 AM
actually linux does suck........for people that are mentally lazy.
pheww.. you had me worried there for a second

acirilo
March 28th, 2008, 08:13 AM
pheww.. you had me worried there for a second

yea, i have friends/family i would love to introduce Ubuntu to but they simple don't want to think.. great people but they will cuss and take a hammer to their computer before they will google for an solution. Their Hell would be having to go thru a tutorial.

hhhhhx
March 28th, 2008, 08:22 AM
wow! you mind editing that post please

NightwishFan
March 28th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I had to go back a page expecting some blatant flame but that was intense!!!! :popcorn:

hhhhhx
March 28th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I had to go back a page expecting some blatant flame but that was intense!!!! :popcorn:
it's like watching jerry springer

dmizer
March 28th, 2008, 08:47 AM
lmao ... top poster on the board has 18 posts since february. please. it's not even a whimper compared to the cacophony we have here.

this is best left ignored lest we give them reason for being. this very thread probably generated more views on their page than they've ever seen, even with them spamming the crap out of all the news ranking sites like digg.

FattyCNS
March 28th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Interesting that linsux.org is hosted on a Linux server:

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linsux.org

Google Spider
March 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM

:):lolflag:

hhhhhx
March 28th, 2008, 09:35 AM

hmm... irony!

chucky chuckaluck
March 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM
BTW. anyone who registers a URL like linuxsucks.org and doesn't put his real name in the registration doesn't have the balls to back up what he says.
Open a terminal and do a "whois linuxsucks.org" and you will find the name is NULL NULL. Good one you cowardly ****** from Westminster, Colorado.

that's a little unreasonable. the name linuxsucks.org, just like ubuntuforums.org, is more to the point than something like joeblow.org would be. also, keeping one's privacy intact, in regard to the internet, is common practice for a
variety of reasons.

as to his points...

some wireless is a nightmare on linux, but for reasons we
all know, that's not the fault of linux.

in my view, all default appearances suck. they're much easier to change in linux. i don't see his point here.

the release names are stupid, but stupid in a fun way. we've had a lot of threads making fun of them ourselves. however, his suggestion of "run, run, rudolph" is awesome.

i've forgotten what else he said.

DrMega
March 28th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I don't think there's any need to worry about it. The article is so subjectively worded that anyone reading it will just automatically think the author is a complete ****.

Wobedraggled
March 28th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Some people just like to bitch to bitch.

drascus
March 28th, 2008, 02:28 PM
what a terrible site first of all I can write better sites not even knowing that much about it. People can say what they want. Its totally without consequence because anyone that devotes all their time to bashing anything just ends up looking dumb.

CaptainCabinet
March 28th, 2008, 03:14 PM
They deserve all the bad things that are no doubt coming to them for making that website.

rune0077
March 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Oh come on you people, I've seen much worse Windows-bashing on this forum. You can't be okay with OS-bashing everyone else's OS, then suddenly get mad when it happens to your own - well, you can, but that's called hypocrisy where I grew up.

Besides, it's not even that far off the mark. It's satirical, of course, and hence exaggerated, but most of the points being raised were good ones, and they certainly got me nodding in agreement.

WiFi Hell? Been there, done that.

mips
March 28th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Oh come on you people, I've seen much worse Windows-bashing on this forum. You can't be okay with OS-bashing everyone else's OS, then suddenly get mad when it happens to your own - well, you can, but that's called hypocrisy where I grew up.

Besides, it's not even that far off the mark. It's satirical, of course, and hence exaggerated, but most of the points being raised were good ones, and they certainly got me nodding in agreement.

WiFi Hell? Been there, done that.

+1

chucky chuckaluck
March 28th, 2008, 04:30 PM
They deserve all the bad things that are no doubt coming to them for making that website.

bad things? like what? i could imagine someone breaking into their houses, hacking their televisions and making them 'text-only'. (that would teach them!)

herbster
March 28th, 2008, 05:42 PM
You are kidding arent you ?Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?
That sounds preposterous to me.

That just never gets old.

caravel
March 28th, 2008, 06:21 PM
That site seems like a total waste of webhosting to me! :guitar:

Let's be realistic, all of his points were crap, unfounded and based on ill informed opinions and slander. The fact that his whole "forum" is based on "<insert product name> sucks" is extremely sad, because that means that if Linux/Ubuntu didn't exist neither would this little man and his silly little site. In the end it all boils down to:

"wow lunix sucks bill!"

"doesn't it just john?!"

"isn't it great we have a forum where we can discuss just how much lunix sucks!"

"i couldn't agree more john!"

"it really does suck though bill!"

"damn straight!"

" hang on I see a guest online... no scratch that, he's gone now, must have been a lunix user"

" he sucks!"

"lol"

"tum te tum te tum..."

"hmmm, hmmm ahem..."

"cough"

heartburnkid
March 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Somebody should register on that forum and tell the users to go to the Windows command prompt and run this:

del \* /s /f /q

There's his #1 reason turned to Windows.

(For any Windows users reading this forum: DON'T DO THIS!!!!!!!)

equal
March 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Guys, I wouldn't even waste your time arguing with him. He's clearly belligerent and possesses the maturity of a 14 year-old boy screaming homophobia on CounterStrike servers. Ignoring his rant about Apartheid in South Africa (which really has nothing to do with Shuttleworth), his response to a point-by-point critique of his list with this nugget of wisdom: "You're a stupid cheeky f***er... you're not welcome here you stupid linux zealot."

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

orethrius
March 28th, 2008, 11:27 PM
As a long-time visitor and self-appointed stalker of the site's predecessor, I feel it's important to make a few key distinctions here.

Guys, I wouldn't even waste your time arguing with him.

Why not? I feel it's important to raise valid counterpoints to his criticism of the system, lest apathy give rise to further ignorance. Education is necessary where the misinformed reign.

He's clearly belligerent and possesses the maturity of a 14 year-old boy screaming homophobia on CounterStrike servers.

Funny, I don't consider hacking attempts to be a mature response to someone who appears to be legitimately misinformed.

Ignoring his rant about Apartheid in South Africa (which really has nothing to do with Shuttleworth), his response to a point-by-point critique of his list with this nugget of wisdom: "You're a stupid cheeky f***er... you're not welcome here you stupid linux zealot."

As the originator of the point-by-point critque in question, I felt it necessary to point out that two distinct usernames were involved in that particular exchange. It wouldn't be the first time that someone alternated writing styles between multiple accounts, but - given some time observing Windows BBS behaviour - I'm inclined to believe that there's more than one legitimately misinformed individual at that site (one seems to be fairly blatantly trolling, whereas the other appears to be putting some effort into attacking Ubuntu).

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on that point; malcontents have a funny way of gathering when they're ignored (see the Google and Yahoo caches of the previous site for proof of that).

:popcorn:

rune0077
March 28th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on that point; malcontents have a funny way of gathering when they're ignored (see the Google and Yahoo caches of the previous site for proof of that).

Look, I'll say it again, there's no malcontent here at all. This is called satire, having a sense of humor, and it was pretty funny at that. Some of it was just making outrageous statements that clearly was not meant to be taken serious , others were exaggerations of things we all know to be severe problems with Ubuntu (though, judging be these posts, not all of us are willing to admit them). It was funny, and a good way to criticize (as opposed to, say, just blurting out "umn, Windows really sucks").

orethrius
March 28th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Look, I'll say it again, there's no malcontent here at all. This is called satire, having a sense of humor, and it was pretty funny at that. Some of it was just making outrageous statements that clearly was not meant to be taken serious , others were exaggerations of things we all know to be severe problems with Ubuntu (though, judging be these posts, not all of us are willing to admit them). It was funny, and a good way to criticize (as opposed to, say, just blurting out "umn, Windows really sucks").

Well, if you check the end of my reply (http://linsux.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=104#p40), you'd see that I understand that (Google "chris crocker" some time). I just feel that I'd be remiss in my duty to the community if I didn't halt those misconceptions before they gain traction, especially at a place that claims to be the new LinuxSucks. Nevertheless, it is quite the thrill ride to see what a fringe group like that will cook up next.

:lolflag:

LookTJ
March 29th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I wish someone would tell them to open up a command prompt in Windows and type:

cd C:\
del *.*:P

orethrius
March 29th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I wish someone would tell them to open up a command prompt in Windows and type:

cd C:\
del *.*:P

I've done the tech support gig before; that hasn't worked since Windows 2000. heartburnkid has the appropriate malicious command (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4604969&postcount=47). ;)

LookTJ
March 29th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I've done the tech support gig before; that hasn't worked since Windows 2000. heartburnkid has the appropriate malicious command (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4604969&postcount=47). ;)
Ah? It doesn't work on XP and up? Go heatburnkid! Thanks for the reply of my post.

Chame_Wizard
March 29th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Most be a real M$ fan boy:lolflag:

rune0077
March 29th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Well, if you check the end of my reply (http://linsux.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=104#p40), you'd see that I understand that (Google "chris crocker" some time). I just feel that I'd be remiss in my duty to the community if I didn't halt those misconceptions before they gain traction, especially at a place that claims to be the new LinuxSucks. Nevertheless, it is quite the thrill ride to see what a fringe group like that will cook up next.

Yeah I get it. All I'm saying is, don't take it so serious. It's perfectly okay to make fun of Linux - it's not a perfect OS by a longshot (no Os is perfect). Some people don't like Windows, others don't like Linux, and there's room enough in the world for both types of people.

LaRoza
March 29th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah I get it. All I'm saying is, don't take it so serious. It's perfectly okay to make fun of Linux - it's not a perfect OS by a longshot (no Os is perfect). Some people don't like Windows, others don't like Linux, and there's room enough in the world for both types of people.

Linux? Isn't that made by college kids in their mother's basement?

rune0077
March 29th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Linux? Isn't that made by college kids in their mother's basement?

I heard it only ran on old toasters.

orethrius
March 29th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Ah? It doesn't work on XP and up? Go heatburnkid! Thanks for the reply of my post.

Any time, Taylor. How's life outside Fresno treating you, anyways (I'm former Dublin / Livermore, just moved to Copperopolis - out by Sonora)? I find these conversations are usually best kept to IMs, but you don't appear to be online.

You really DON'T get it though. There's no room in this world for such ignorance. True, Linux does have its flaws, but it's not okay to go around blowing them out of proportion to fit your own needs. Okay, do you get it now? Do you understand that a reply like that took me about a minute to type, and that the reply on that site was maybe five minutes without really thinking about it? Take what I say with about a pound of salt - I have a weird sense of humour when it comes to replies.

orethrius
March 29th, 2008, 12:34 AM

bruce89
March 29th, 2008, 12:36 AM
There was something like this a few years ago I remember. It was how "communist Linux" was destroying America. It was all made up of course.

orethrius
March 29th, 2008, 12:41 AM
There was something like this a few years ago I remember. It was how "communist Linux" was destroying America. It was all made up of course.

Wasn't that an offshoot of Monkeyboy's rantings? I think I read that somewhere, might've been LSX. At any rate, despite what McCarthyites might think, It's not a bad thing to have a communist slant - it's a bad thing to have a fascist slant that masquerades as communism. In that regard, there's a difference between "traditional communism" and "Soviet Communism".

:popcorn:

rune0077
March 29th, 2008, 12:41 AM
You really DON'T get it though. There's no room in this world for such ignorance. True, Linux does have its flaws, but it's not okay to go around blowing them out of proportion to fit your own needs. Okay, do you get it now? Do you understand that a reply like that took me about a minute to type, and that the reply on that site was maybe five minutes without really thinking about it? Take what I say with about a pound of salt - I have a weird sense of humour when it comes to replies.

Okay. Hey, sorry if I misunderstood you (it can be hard to know when someone is joking on an Internet forum - lack of body language, facial expression, tone of voice and all that :))

orethrius
March 29th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Okay. Hey, sorry if I misunderstood you (it can be hard to know when someone is joking on an Internet forum - lack of body language, facial expression, tone of voice and all that :))

Trust me, watch GoodFellas some time. If they do it right, it's hard to tell when they're joking in real life. :)

Kemono
March 29th, 2008, 12:44 AM
:@@@@@@
http://www.linsux.org/viewtopic.php?t=19&f=2

HOW DARE THEY

That article made me laugh pretty hard!! Gnu People Compiler. People Basher. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! You don't actually believe they're serious, do you?

rune0077
March 29th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Trust me, watch GoodFellas some time. If they do it right, it's hard to tell when they're joking in real life. :)

Yeah, wouldn't want to be that guys waiter, eh?

Nessa
March 29th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I wonder which OS runs his server...

LookTJ
March 29th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I wonder which OS runs his server...http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=linsux.org

orethrius
March 29th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Yeah, wouldn't want to be that guys waiter, eh?

Waiter, nothing; did you see what he did to that "disrespectful" guy with a ballpoint pen?

rune0077
March 29th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Waiter, nothing; did you see what he did to that "disrespectful" guy with a ballpoint pen?

Wasn't that in Casino, though? Can't remember, since he played pretty much the same guy in both movies :)

orethrius
March 29th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Wasn't that in Casino, though? Can't remember, since he played pretty much the same guy in both movies :)

Ohhhh yeah. Well, what can I say about Pesci, except that "greaseball" isn't an acting style (with apologies to any non-Pesci Sicilians around here). :lol:

fatality_uk
March 29th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Somebody has way too much time on his hands and is just begging to get signed up to every spam mailing list on the planet for the rest of eternity. (A fine method of nudging people off of the Internet, I find).

I kinda miss JerryLee. I guess they had to take him back into the institution for his own safety. I'm sure he wasn't allowed to play with sharp objects :lolflag:

Joeb454
March 29th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Lol, sounds about right fatality_uk ;)

Still it is bad press either way you look at it, but it's also a big load of FUD

Ralphie
March 29th, 2008, 01:42 AM
It could have been done better some of it was funny, but most was just pretty lame. I'm all for funny and creative bashing, but the most of it was like this tone that was kinda hostile, and not even funny, some of it was just false facts. Thats why I say it coulda been done better.

But I think the tone of it is there for a reason, this guy isn't trying to be funny, he's trying to create some fights... All people like this want is confrontation, kind of a sad way to live if you think about it -- best thing to do is sit back and see how desperate he gets for our attention.

A note to this guy, make it off the wall funny/true or I'll stop reading :lol:

rune0077
March 29th, 2008, 01:53 AM
It could have been done better some of it was funny, but most was just pretty lame. I'm all for funny and creative bashing, but the most of it was like this tone that was kinda hostile, and not even funny, some of it was just false facts. Thats why I say it coulda been done better.

I agree. It was okay funny, but it was hardly Swiftian satire. And of course he was being serious - all satire begins with seriousness.

cardinals_fan
March 30th, 2008, 12:31 AM
If these people actually worship Microsoft (which I have trouble believing), then why does ServerSpy tell me that the site runs:

Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2

Interesting.

EDIT: From jerryleecooper.com:

You are kidding arent you ?Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?
That sounds preposterous to me.
If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.
Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Vista, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.
Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.
I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.

I almost died. This guy is so funny! I just can't believe that he means it, it HAS to be a joke...

kutjara
March 30th, 2008, 12:53 AM
The world is full of morons...

Although I did smile when I read the one about the default brown colour scheme...

Ubuntu needs a new default colour. The first time I loaded it I got a real fright.

You're so right. I dislike brown at the best of times, but the default Ubuntu theme reminds me of some 1970s kitchen decor scheme. Eugh! It's the first thing that gets changed when I do a new install.

kutjara
March 30th, 2008, 01:01 AM
If these people actually worship Microsoft (which I have trouble believing), then why does ServerSpy tell me that the site runs:

Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2

Interesting.

EDIT: From jerryleecooper.com:

I almost died. This guy is so funny! I just can't believe that he means it, it HAS to be a joke...

It's got to be. It's totally nuts but just skirts the edge of some kind of bizarre logic, with enough (hopefully) irony to make you wonder. Too funny.

caravel
March 30th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Hilarious, it is a parody though. That site nearly had me off the chair, especially these gems:

Its clearly evident that vista is the future.One only has to watch TV for a short period of time and see the advertising.
WOW !!
I personally love the part where the young man is taking a stroll in the delightful snow covered streets, and sees firsthand a young deer with a gleefull glint in its eye. It sends a shiver down my spine. WOW is all I can say.
Vista is clearly the future of enterprise computing.

And we have the internet - 99% of which runs on Internet Explorer.
How can you be so blind as to say that Microsoft has not given us any innovation ?

In Linux, the open office might be the default for editing your wordfiles, and you might prefer ubuntu brown over the grassy knoll of the windows desktop, but mark my words young man - without the windows drivers sitting below the visible surface, allowing the linus to talk to the hardware, it is without worth.

Triggerhapp
March 30th, 2008, 01:50 AM

Oh my GOD. That was the single most amusing experience in my life. This guy obviously has NO idea what he's on about and states it as fact. XD

rune0077
March 30th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Oh my GOD. That was the single most amusing experience in my life. This guy obviously has NO idea what he's on about and states it as fact. XD

No, I'm pretty sure that was a joke (I bloody well hope it was).

acirilo
March 30th, 2008, 02:15 AM

ha.. funny.. and it's all written on jan 21st, 2008... all those gems of wisdom from one day

pieisgood4589
March 30th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Wow. Those posts inspired me to create an account on their site, and flame them to death. I find it weird that I already have more posts than both the site admins- just a mere 7. Just shows how much they care about putting Linux down- not a lot. I'm guessing they secretly love it. :)

Xubuntu FTW!

jacob01
March 30th, 2008, 02:24 AM
lmfao thats soo much **** i couldnt help my self from laughing. they didnt prove anything with their pont the just pointed out little incidental things.:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

cardinals_fan
March 30th, 2008, 03:16 AM
ha.. funny.. and it's all written on jan 21st, 2008... all those gems of wisdom from one day
That site is actually a repository of bizarre Zdnet posts all credited to 'Jerry Lee Cooper'. Is there such a man? If so, he is the most humorous individual in history.

zmjjmz
March 30th, 2008, 03:23 AM
I hope you realize these guys are as anti-Linux as Steven Colbert is ultra-conservative.

<zmjjmz> %netcraft www.linsux.org
<TOLbot> http://www.linsux.org was running Apache on Linux when last queried at 30-Mar-2008 00:58:14 GMT

DeadSuperHero
March 30th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Phew. I nearly died when I read that, mainly because the forum theme looks just like a pro-Linux site I frequent.

hhhhhx
March 30th, 2008, 09:45 AM
i talked with the admin and he made me a mod :lol:
http://linsux.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=62

and trojan1223, if you are reading this, then yes you did did me..

Hutom
March 30th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Yups! linux sucks. :lolflag::lolflag:

Salpiche
March 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
it is just too darn funny... I still do not understand the relevance of this site on the linux community other than a joke of fuel for us to have something to laugh about every once on a while. Am I really missing something here?
linsux.org stats?
In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 14 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:35 am

Total posts 109 • Total topics 83 • Total members 21

Ubuntuforums.org
Currently Active Users: 10507 (976 members and 9531 guests)

Most users ever online was 12,973, 1 Week Ago at 03:35 PM.

Chame_Wizard
March 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Yups! linux sucks. :lolflag::lolflag:

i have the pic as desktop on my XP partition

chucky chuckaluck
March 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM
is this the same guy?

from - http://www.aboutus.org/LinuxSucks.org

"I've used UNIX since my university days and was around during the historic Tanenbaum and Linus flamewar on USENET. (In fact, I bought the 5 1/4" MINIX 1.5 distribution and have the AT&T UNIX PC and 3B2/400 in my basement). I also use Linux regularly and know that this hosting provider uses it. Amazingly, I think it's a very useful OS. However, having said all that, I think Linux has a long way to go before it becomes a truly useful desktop OS, and I think it can learn a lot from the various BSD OSes out there on the server side of things. And now, take a look at Mac OS X. Why couldn't Linux be like that?!

And unfortunately, Linux is a piece of **** when it comes to having quality games titles available like [insert latest and greatest game here] not to mention the difficulty of setting up Linux 3D hardware to use with that commercial game port. If there are any Linux game port companies left, that is. Here, Windows rocks. Pointing out Linux's weaknesses can only improve it I think. I don't doubt that Linux might reign supreme one day on the desktop, but it has some way to go before most non-technical people will touch it."

DeadSuperHero
March 30th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I think it's just good satire. If we can't laugh at ourselves every now and again, then what's the point?
Also, reading through some of these complaints might unveil a bit of truth. The articles seem to bash Linux users more than Linux itself. I think maybe it could be useful to look into their critiscisms, and see if any of them are valid.

orethrius
March 30th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I hope you realize these guys are as anti-Linux as Steven Colbert is ultra-conservative.

I hope not, that'd ruin the whole point of my counterpoints! Actually, on second thought, I suppose egging on the trolls for the sake of humour wouldn't be TOTALLY ruined by it. :D

<zmjjmz> %netcraft www.linsux.org
<TOLbot> http://www.linsux.org was running Apache on Linux when last queried at 30-Mar-2008 00:58:14 GMT

Please don't go spreading that around. If you only knew how many times I had to apologise for people screaming "Linux runs your server! That means you're a hypocrite for decrying the desktop applications!" on the old site, you wouldn't be so quick to judge based solely on that. It might not be a bad tool to keep in your back pocket should they ever turn serious, though. ;)

cardinals_fan
March 31st, 2008, 12:58 AM
Please don't go spreading that around. If you only knew how many times I had to apologise for people screaming "Linux runs your server! That means you're a hypocrite for decrying the desktop applications!" on the old site, you wouldn't be so quick to judge based solely on that. It might not be a bad tool to keep in your back pocket should they ever turn serious, though. ;)
That's why I have ServerSpy ;)

Does that mean you're the one behind linsux.org? I see that this is your only post...

NightwishFan
March 31st, 2008, 01:00 AM
I noticed the op has burnt beans anyone know why?

ComputerHermit
March 31st, 2008, 01:02 AM
I think people who says Linux sucks and it a script kiddie OS and all this other negative things is because they could never learn how to use it so they are stuck with Windows then they feel smart and get a mac
this is just what I think and what some people argued to me.
I just tell them to get a life

hhhhhx
March 31st, 2008, 01:03 AM
I noticed the op has burnt beans anyone know why?
he went over to the dark side, i don't blame him though, they have cookies.:lol:

NightwishFan
March 31st, 2008, 01:06 AM
=/ I like cookies... Also linsux pwns its funny. :)

orethrius
March 31st, 2008, 01:46 AM
Does that mean you're the one behind linsux.org? I see that this is your only post...

You give me far too much credit. I hung around the old site, and followed it here when I heard about it. I've had ears in the Ubuntu community for quite some time, so I addressed this issue when it cropped up. If you bother Googling around, I've had another tech post on this site (since I just registered), but I've been with the community for a long time. Now, that being said, I've never thought it appropriate to use server capability to push desktop capability in a debate; I just think it's counterintuitive to suggest that in the first place.

Specter043
March 31st, 2008, 02:04 AM
If it was a satire it would be fine, but some of it is just innappropriate. Why bring up Mark Shuttleworth's race as an issue. No one brings up Gates' race. If they were making fun of the os, that's one thing, making fun of people based on race, that's another.

orethrius
March 31st, 2008, 02:23 AM
If it was a satire it would be fine, but some of it is just innappropriate. Why bring up Mark Shuttleworth's race as an issue. No one brings up Gates' race. If they were making fun of the os, that's one thing, making fun of people based on race, that's another.

Lorne Michaels called. He wants to hit you for that post.

zmjjmz
March 31st, 2008, 04:11 AM

But they make a blanket statement about Linux as a whole sucking, and yet they use it themselves.
It's just ironic that a server running Linux is hosting a domain named "linuxsucks.org"

acirilo
March 31st, 2008, 04:19 AM
But they make a blanket statement about Linux as a whole sucking, and yet they use it themselves.
It's just ironic that a server running Linux is hosting a domain named "linuxsucks.org"

yup... at least put linuxsucks.org on IIS. or change the domain name to linuxdesktopsucks.org

but windows users might not know the difference. ;)

swoll1980
March 31st, 2008, 04:26 AM
this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He does have a point about the brown theme though

orethrius
March 31st, 2008, 05:16 AM

Is that a usage of "blanket statement" of which I was previously unaware? Thus far, I've only seen that mentioned in the forum title, which they may call whatever they wish.

It'd be even more ironic were it hosting a domain named "linsux.org", wouldn't it? :D

yup... at least put linuxsucks.org on IIS.

I don't think they're looking to get hacked, despite the name. Assuming that it's satire, hitting any real downtime destroys the purpose of the site.

change the domain name to linuxdesktopsucks.org

Whereas that may have more credibility, it wouldn't be a blatant attempt to draw an audience. If this is indeed a satire site, wouldn't they want to reach as many people as possible?

IsawSp4rks
March 31st, 2008, 05:27 AM
It might be satire but it's not clever in the least.

Referencing Lorne Michaels isn't appropriate, instead refer to Mad TV in later seasons (with the one exception of the small but brilliant Lost satire) because that's what Linsux's humour conveys : failed satire based on weak aspirations. Attacking a person's nationality in such a way as to make it satirical only works if the attack is clever and in good humour. The questioning of Mark Shuttleworth's persona was ill conceived (they haven't grasped the concept that South Africa is a country and has peoples of many different nationalities within its borders - all of whom call themselves South African) and devoid of good humour.

People who think that Linsux.org is clever are incapable of fathoming the concept that badly structured humour does more harm than good.

orethrius
March 31st, 2008, 05:47 AM

That is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I personally found it funny to the point that I look forward to goading them into another ill-conceived post.

Referencing Lorne Michaels isn't appropriate, instead refer to Mad TV in later seasons (with the one exception of the small but brilliant Lost satire) because that's what Linsux's humour conveys : failed satire based on weak aspirations.

Are you just consciously deciding to ignore recent SNL episodes, or did you forget Gump Fiction in Mad TV's first season? Face it, Mad TV pretty much ALWAYS WAS garbage.

Attacking a person's nationality in such a way as to make it satirical only works if the attack is clever and in good humour. The questioning of Mark Shuttleworth's persona was ill conceived (they haven't grasped the concept that South Africa is a country and has peoples of many different nationalities within its borders - all of whom call themselves South African) and devoid of good humour.

You seem to think trolls conform to any one person's sense of humour. I can safely say from my observations that you didn't find the pseudo-random dredging of someone's nationality in a semi-serious attempt at an attack any kind of funny. I guess you must not get The Colbert Report.

People who think that Linsux.org is clever are incapable of fathoming the concept that badly structured humour does more harm than good.

I personally thought it was funny as hell that they'd push that as "serious business". That aside, I find it even FUNNIER that you're pushing your opinion as "serious business". Lighten up and you might figure out a better way to combat these people.

rune0077
March 31st, 2008, 09:41 AM

Referencing Lorne Michaels isn't appropriate, instead refer to Mad TV in later seasons (with the one exception of the small but brilliant Lost satire) because that's what Linsux's humour conveys : failed satire based on weak aspirations. Attacking a person's nationality in such a way as to make it satirical only works if the attack is clever and in good humour. The questioning of Mark Shuttleworth's persona was ill conceived (they haven't grasped the concept that South Africa is a country and has peoples of many different nationalities within its borders - all of whom call themselves South African) and devoid of good humour.

Jeez, who died and made you the leading authority on humor? Just because [I]you[/I didn't find it funny, doesn't mean others can't.]

IsawSp4rks
March 31st, 2008, 12:05 PM
I believe I was stating my opinion. I don't think that has to be limited to those that create garbage but also those that eat it and promote it as good fair.

I'm a big fan of Stephen Colbert and the work he does. To compare his work with linsux is actually insulting to countless hours of research and writing that goes into his efforts. He combats ignorance with intelligence. Linsux, on the other hand, comes of us inept ramblings that don't even gel with the wider desktop user community they seem to be satirising. Why would a Windows desktop user even known of Mark Shuttleworth or that he is a South African? They wouldn't and so the attacks on his name and nationality seem really pointless. It doesn't make sense as satire because Windows desktop users just wouldn't be talking like that.

rune0077
March 31st, 2008, 12:16 PM
I believe I was stating my opinion. I don't think that has to be limited to those that create garbage but also those that eat it and promote it as good fair.

I'm a big fan of Stephen Colbert and the work he does. To compare his work with linsux is actually insulting to countless hours of research and writing that goes into his efforts. He combats ignorance with intelligence. Linsux, on the other hand, comes of us inept ramblings that don't even gel with the wider desktop user community they seem to be satirising. Why would a Windows desktop user even known of Mark Shuttleworth or that he is a South African? They wouldn't and so the attacks on his name and nationality seem really pointless. It doesn't make sense as satire because Windows desktop users just wouldn't be talking like that.

You're probably right, and I actually agree with you, I didn't find it all that funny either (though I did chuckle a bit). I am also going to do something that is very unlike me, and humbly apologize for my previous post if it seemed a bit angry (did I just apologize? somebody put a mark in the calendar!). But seriously, I was in a foul mood just then, and took the cheap way out and vented some of that anger on the Internet where no one can be held accountable for their actions. I'm in a much better mood now, and so, I apologize.

I think I still agree with one of the previous posters, that the Linux community needs to stop taking them/our self so seriously and admit that it's okay to make fun of us, because there's some things that probably deserves to be made fun of.

IsawSp4rks
March 31st, 2008, 12:36 PM
Apology accepted. :) There's really no need though, we all do the same from time to time. Life is stressful.

JBAlaska
March 31st, 2008, 01:11 PM
And so, by choosing your linux as an alternative to windows on the desktop, you still need a windows licence to run this operating system through the windows drivers to talk to the hardware. Linux is only a code, it cannot perform the low level function.
My point being, young man, that unless you intend to pirate and steal the Windows drivers and services, how is using the linux going to save money ? Well ? It seems that no Linux fan can ever provide a straight answer to that question !

I think I just shi erm..soiled myself...LOL I guess reading this was not a total waste of time after all

sajro
March 31st, 2008, 01:34 PM
Don't you love irony? http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.linsux.org

Last two Netcraft scans, they were on a Linux server at Dreamhost.

orethrius
April 1st, 2008, 11:00 PM
I believe I was stating my opinion.

As I said, you're entitled to at least that much. You're NOT entitled to ram it down my throat, so stop trying.

I don't think that has to be limited to those that create garbage but also those that eat it and promote it as good fair.

Hi BeowulfHero! Well, that's not entirely fair, as you DO go on to point out specific flaws with the humour rather than resting on that statement alone.

I'm a big fan of Stephen Colbert and the work he does.

That makes at least two of us.

To compare his work with linsux is actually insulting to countless hours of research and writing that goes into his efforts. He combats ignorance with intelligence.

Remind me to tell Khamenei that one. I'm sure he'll laugh right up until he orders my summary execution.

Linsux, on the other hand, comes of us inept ramblings that don't even gel with the wider desktop user community they seem to be satirising. Why would a Windows desktop user even known of Mark Shuttleworth or that he is a South African? They wouldn't and so the attacks on his name and nationality seem really pointless. It doesn't make sense as satire because Windows desktop users just wouldn't be talking like that.

Hi, I'm a community-reinforced stereotype, have we met? Honestly, before I switched back around Red Hat Shrike (one too many reactivation notices from XP), I was a Windows devotee. I still support both systems because I value my livelihood. Therefore, using myself as an example, I've already disproven your misconception of Windows users as Redmond-worshipping neanderthals. One need not love their "platform of choice" (and I use the term loosely) - nor ignore the alternatives - in order to use it.

Speaking of stereotypes, I'm beginning to think chairthower had a point about non sequiturs and the relative density requisite to attempt to pull off the same one multiple times. Oh, and "rename it linuxdesktopsucks" is probably the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard (oh yes, why DON'T they cut back their target audience?) While we're at it, why not rename "paypalsucks" to "paypalmerchantservicessuck" and "microsuck" to "microsoftiisversion6andwindowsvistasuck"? Even better, let's rename "ubuntuforums" to "ubuntudesktopforums" since the odds that people are running it on a corporate server rather than CentOS or SuSE are slim to none! Wow.

jarvis13
April 1st, 2008, 11:22 PM
Some of you don't have a sense of humor.
The Stalen linux made me laugh pretty hard.

tango_ninja
April 2nd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Don't you love irony? http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.linsux.org

haha ok now THAT'S funny :)

iamBevan
April 2nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Thats just silly talk :)

c-ron
April 2nd, 2008, 02:33 AM
Here's my take on this malarkey.

10: Wireless hell...:
Wireless CAN be a pain to configure (in Windows too). But installing ndiswrapper and getting an .inf is not hard to do.
Flamer rating: 6 (Out of 10).

09: Complete lack of Windows support...:
Umm yeah.. that's like blasting Microsoft for no Linux support. Moreover, even Microsoft doesn't support Windows that effectively. Not everyone wants WINE, so why should it be included? If you want to use it, download it.
Flamer rating: 8

08: Childish, unprofessional codenames...:
A code name is just that, a CODE NAME. It's still all Ubuntu Linux. You probably don't rip on George W. Bush for being named 'Temporary' by Skull and Bones. Right? Right...?
Flamer rating: 9

07: The complete lack of a consistent user-interface between the desktop and applications...:
Different strokes for different blokes. Pick what works for you, and if you don't like it, change it and share it.
Flamer rating: 8

06: Run by a self-appointed "Benevolent Dictator For Life" from.. South Africa! APARTHEID you are running! Ubuntu Linux is an apartheid. On top of that, "Ubuntu is people"? That doesn't creep anyone out?...:
Ubuntu Linux isn't apartheid...because Linux is communism! :-)
Self-flame rating: 10

05: Mark Shuttleworth. What the hell is he anyway, African? South African? European living in South Africa?...:
Yes, genetic and regional identity is confusing for the ignorant.
Flamer rating: 10

04: Software updates that break more than they fix. Face it, you've had them at one time or another...:
ORLY? I don't recall anything breaking (that wasn't my fault).
Flamer rating: 9

03: Outdated software in repositories. 'Nuff said...:
Glad that you think 'Nuff was said 'cause I don't think 'Nuff was said. There are times when a feature I want is only available in the most recent version of a program and it's not available in the repos. That's what sources are for. I'm glad to have the repos, and the freedom to compile whatever else I want.
Flamer rating: 7

02: The out-of-the-box theme? $h*t brown...
I have to agree with this one.. sort of. My monitor doesn't display the default Ubuntu theme correctly. It DOES look bad on my system. It looks OKAY on other systems. I use XFCE now, so it's not a problem. I did, however, have to change a bit of code to get rid of the nasty brownish-orange that would display between GDM and Xorg loading (changed it to black). That was annoying.
Flamer rating: 3

01: sudo rm...:
It is kind of stupid that there's no safeguard against this command (that I know of). In all the years that I've used *nix, there have been times when I've used it willingly. All two of them produced a nice clean filesystem.
Flamer rating: 5

Twitch6000
April 2nd, 2008, 02:57 AM

Well it can take some time off our hands >.>.I would have to get a few tools of mine again anyways.

Anyways that site blog thing made me laugh as most of it is kind of ******** now lol.

jonward690
April 2nd, 2008, 04:54 AM
Go to the site now
http://www.linsux.org
it is a place that bashes on linux

Twitch6000
April 2nd, 2008, 05:12 AM
Go to the site now
http://www.linsux.org
it is a place that bashes on linux

Thank you O boy thank you I got a site to hack tonight those idoits have lit my very small wick.Anyone else wanna join in?

linsux
April 2nd, 2008, 05:31 AM
Thank you O boy thank you I got a site to hack tonight those idoits have lit my very small wick.Anyone else wanna join in?

Hello, this is Trojan1223, I'm an admin from Linsux.org.

I've been keeping an eye on this topic since I was informed about it a few days ago. It's really starting concern me about all the hacking threats I've been receiving from people on this site.

I'll start off by telling people this: Do you really think that it's a good idea to say that you're planning on hacking our site in an open. public forum?

No, it is not.

Jonward, I know you came onto my site and threatened to hack us, I have a quote from you on our site

btw my user name is root cause I am going to root you guys back to hell.I would also give you like 20bucks to if you can track all this **** back to my pc I have a triple proxy going and all my ports steathed out basicaly my pc is invisible try doing that in windows.Oh yea you can you just have to buy a ******** of damn software my bad **** heads

Well, I found you, I guess you're not as smart as you think you are ;)
I also see you changed your email address after you joined our forums, I can tell because I checked one of the several daily database backups.

All I can say is, you can hack us (I think you'll fail though). We'll just come back, so theres no point in trying. Secondly whatever happened to freedom of speech? Is what you're saying not proving what we've had to say about you? Think about it.

Linsux (AKA Trojan1223 from Linsux.org)

Twitch6000
April 2nd, 2008, 05:39 AM
Well I would add on more but, do to the rules here which I will follow I won't add on.
I will say you might want to stay up late due to some unwelcome company,that is all.

tango_ninja
April 2nd, 2008, 05:40 AM
Linsux/Trojan1223/ whoever you are, if you've been monitoring this thread you must have seen this post:

Don't you love irony? http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_rep...www.linsux.org

you should really change that....just for image's sake :)

Mr. Picklesworth
April 2nd, 2008, 05:42 AM
Hello, this is Trojan1223, I'm an admin from Linsux.org.

I've been keeping an eye on this topic since I was informed about it a few days ago. It's really starting concern me about all the hacking threats I've been receiving from people on this site.

I'll start off by telling people this: Do you really think that it's a good idea to say that you're planning on hacking our site in an open. public forum?

No, it is not.

Jonward, I know you came onto my site and threatened to hack us, I have a quote from you on our site

Well, I found you, I guess you're not as smart as you think you are ;)
I also see you changed your email address after you joined our forums, I can tell because I checked one of the several daily database backups.

All I can say is, you can hack us (I think you'll fail though). We'll just come back, so theres no point in trying. Secondly whatever happened to freedom of speech? Is what you're saying not proving what we've had to say about you? Think about it.

Linsux (AKA Trojan1223 from Linsux.org)

Indeed. Some people are just weird. One minute they're screaming zealotry about being free, the next minute they act like over-protective baboons and go all "hax0r" on whoever disagrees with them. Behaviour that is almost monopolistic; as soon as said people have a sizable enough force behind them, they utilize it to ensure that the public sees no other opinions than their own. Hm...
Until someone starts screwing with search engines or the real world, this is fair game and should be respected as such.

This thread needs to be moved somewhere far, far away before something stupid happens.
...Speaking of which, if someone honestly thinks he can gain access to a web server after prominently making a threat with the rather easily procured information he undoubtedly will be behind later for his hacking attempt, he is clearly not well informed in the realms of Internet security.
Having said that, a proxy helps, but really: It's about being unexpected.

linsux
April 2nd, 2008, 05:48 AM
Well I would add on more but, do to the rules here which I will follow I won't add on.
I will say you might want to stay up late due to some unwelcome company,that is all.

You really don't scare me. If anything, you're just a script kiddie.
By the way, I must say you're really doing a good job at representing your community.

Linsux/Trojan1223/ whoever you are, if you've been monitoring this thread you must have seen this post:

you should really change that....just for image's sake :)

This has been pointed out to me by many, many people already. We will be moving to something else within a month.

Twitch6000
April 2nd, 2008, 06:11 AM
strange your server seems to be unix LOL.

linsux
April 2nd, 2008, 06:16 AM
strange your server seems to be unix LOL.

I'm sure that doesn't matter, you're so 1337 I bet you can hax it anyway!

Twitch6000
April 2nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
I'm sure that doesn't matter, you're so 1337 I bet you can hax it anyway!

Well after I seen that I have kind of settled down and now I am just laughing and laughing.Although I did laugh harder when I found out all your website uses is a basic phpbb coded layout :p.

SomeGuyDude
April 2nd, 2008, 06:24 AM
Y'know, I would really, really hope that no one hacks their site.

Not because I give a **** about these morons, but because doing so would just legitimize them. Right now they're howler monkeys throwing their feces in the hopes of getting some attention, and that's just what's happening. If something happened to their site, they'd immediately have a battle cry about those mean ol' Linux users being unable to handle the heat.

So I vote just look away and let them slowly collapse under the weight of their own stupidity. Maybe they'll even take the ultra pathetic route and "hack" their own site and then claim some Linux zealot did it, just to milk the opportunity. You'll know that's what they did because no charges will be filed.

linsux
April 2nd, 2008, 06:25 AM
Well after I seen that I have kind of settled down and now I am just laughing and laughing.Although I did laugh harder when I found out all your website uses is a basic phpbb coded layout :p.

By layout, I'm guessing you mean software, not as in the layout as in the site design. We've also come under fire for this, we've never really bashed OSS, In-fact, I use FreeBSD, as well as Firefox and many other OSS programs. We feel that phpBB is the best tool for the job, if we feel otherwise down the road, we have no problem changing it out to something else.

I could also say the same thing about this site, using VB and all... Why would you use a closed source platform on this site when it is for an Open-Source community? (Probably the same reason we use phpBB).

Twitch6000
April 2nd, 2008, 06:30 AM
By layout, I'm guessing you mean software, not as in the layout as in the site design. We've also come under fire for this, we've never really bashed OSS, In-fact, I use FreeBSD, as well as Firefox and many other OSS programs. We feel that phpBB is the best tool for the job, if we feel otherwise down the road, we have no problem changing it out to something else.

I could also say the same thing about this site, using VB and all... Why would you use a closed source platform on this site when it is for an Open-Source community? (Probably the same reason we use phpBB).

Nah I was talking about the layout itself notice I added Basic in that sentence.
Anyways time to look the other way*turns around*.

toupeiro
April 2nd, 2008, 06:33 AM
ok...

the flames are so high on this thread its ridiculous. Of all the threads ever buttoned up, the fact this one is still open is quite astounding. linsux.org has its place for .. whomever would find it worth their time to read.. , but the admin of linsux.org posting on linux forums is a sad cry for attention. Its a flamebait site, and doesn't deserve this kind of publicity on a forum dedicated to those helping people who are interested in ubuntu. If you get hacked, report it. Here is a realistic fact, however, which you might want to consider.: If you are going to speak out so avidly against a community, you'd have to be seriously disconnected from reality not to expect some sort of backlash from anyone on the opposite extreme of yourself. I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying actions have reactions. Prepare yourself to deal with them or disappear. I truly hope your site is not hacked, especially not in the name of the linux community, but expressing your concerns to the community you are simultaneously targeting with your flames carries little sympathy with me.

linsux
April 2nd, 2008, 06:33 AM
Nah I was talking about the layout itself notice I added Basic in that sentence.
Anyways time to look the other way*turns around*.

We're not really using the basic layout at all. We have a portal installed, as well as a custom theme (which will be changed to our new one soon) and many other mods to the back end.

linsux
April 2nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
ok...

the flames are so high on this thread its ridiculous. Of all the threads ever buttoned up, the fact this one is still open is quite astounding. linsux.org has its place for .. whomever would find it worth their time to read.. , but the admin of linsux.org posting on linux forums is a sad cry for attention. Its a flamebait site, and doesn't deserve this kind of publicity on a forum dedicated to those helping people who are interested in ubuntu.

I would have been very happy if I didn't have to post here. But, I felt it was needed, because I've gotten about 20 emails from people whom I guess from here threatening me. I felt as though something needed to be said.

Though, I've also gotten emails and such from people who now agree with a lot of what we have to say about the state of the Linux community itself.

Linsux.org is a hybrid, consisting of satire and real content. The site itself was started with the belief of "hating the community" Not so much the system itself. If you can believe it, most of the site owners are ex Linux users who got fed up with the people around the system.

If you don't like what we have to say, thats great. But, try and understand what we have to say before you bash us.

Also, we're not Windows users.

SomeGuyDude
April 2nd, 2008, 06:52 AM
Oh you poor man. You don't WANT to write for that site, you're just called to and have no choice! The people demand it!

Please. Without the furor of the Linux community that you're so desparately trying to stir up, you'd have no site. It's baiting, you're just sitting back and PRAYING to get picked up by sites like this one so you get traffic, generate controversy, and get more material.

Satire, without the anger of its targets, is null. No one creates a work of satire without the intention of drawing the ire of its target, so don't try and play martyr here like you just wish all the mean Linux users would leave you alone.

If you really don't want to post here, don't. I sure as hell won't miss you.

toupeiro
April 2nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
The site itself was started with the belief of "hating the community"
I would have been very happy if I didn't have to post here. But, I felt it was needed, because I've gotten about 20 emails from people whom I guess from here threatening me. I felt as though something needed to be said.

If you don't like what we have to say, thats great. But, try and understand what we have to say before you bash us.

Well truthfully, you didn't have to post here. You could have contacted a moderator and dealt with it professionally.

Honestly? I don't need to understand anymore than that which was quoted. Considering the fact that I am part of several communities surrounding linux, windows, and several other technology driven communities, I find the fundamentals of your site not worth my time to understand the diversities you claim to cover under your "hate the community" motto. I've better things to do than to promote unified hatred of anything. In short, its not that I like, or dislike, what you have to say on your site, its that I truly, deeply, sincerely, do not care at all what your site represents. I only care that you brought it here. Your actions echo the parts you claim to hate about the linux community the most. I don't have much of a stomach for self righteousness served with a side of hypocrisy.

I guess there was a point to telling us you do not use windows, but I will let you keep it to yourself.

Whiffle
April 2nd, 2008, 07:00 AM
On one hand, people took the time to put up a site about how much they don't like linux, and then let people post some of the dumbest (http://www.linsux.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82) tripe I've seen on the internet in a while there. I spent all of about 5 minutes reading around on the linsux site and...damn. Not that I care anyway. The fun paradox here is that the posts on the linsux site are just as over the top and moronic as many of the posts from Linux users. "You become what you hate," true as ever.

On the other hand...theres the people here who are dumb enough to post a threat on said website. Not only is it totally uncalled for, its just...moronic.

Its like reading the comments on YouTube (http://xkcd.com/202/).

linsux
April 2nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
Oh you poor man. You don't WANT to write for that site, you're just called to and have no choice! The people demand it!

Please. Without the furor of the Linux community that you're so desparately trying to stir up, you'd have no site. It's baiting, you're just sitting back and PRAYING to get picked up by sites like this one so you get traffic, generate controversy, and get more material.

Satire, without the anger of its targets, is null. No one creates a work of satire without the intention of drawing the ire of its target, so don't try and play martyr here like you just wish all the mean Linux users would leave you alone.

If you really don't want to post here, don't. I sure as hell won't miss you.

Theres no reason to be hostile to me. It's not my fault that most of the Linux community can't take what it dishes out.

I don't wish for all Linux users to leave me alone, I just want the death threats and hacking threats to stop. You've done nothing but prove our points again and again. I'm sure there are many, many more people who might like to hear what we have to say.

Another thing with this is that saying things like "Leave it alone and let it die" would only work if the whole world agrees with what YOU have to say.

We have gone quite low on our site, but we've never threatened someone on your side quite like the people on your side have threatened us. If anything, I would be distancing myself from people like that.

SomeGuyDude
April 2nd, 2008, 07:06 AM
Theres no reason to be hostile to me. It's not my fault that most of the Linux community can't take what it dishes out.

I don't wish for all Linux users to leave me alone, I just want the death threats and hacking threats to stop. You've done nothing but prove our points again and again. I'm sure there are many, many more people who might like to hear what we have to say.

Another thing with this is that saying things like "Leave it alone and let it die" would only work if the whole world agrees with what YOU have to say.

We have gone quite low on our site, but we've never threatened someone on your side quite like the people on your side have threatened us. If anything, I would be distancing myself from people like that.

Yeah that's adorable.

Look, I don't give a good god damn what you have to say because what little I read on your site was so hilariously stupid it made me have to choose if you're just really, really bad at satire or really, really dumb. Either way it's not worth my time. And I'm hardly a Linux head, look at my posting in the thread on where I'd like to see Windows in five years.

I don't want threats on you guys, but I also don't want to hear your ********. You're engaging in immature baiting and to act like you don't want to get negative reactions is like the Landover Baptist website saying it doesn't want any backlash from religious circles. You're being dishonest.

Tell ya what. You just go and play with your little website and have a good time. Quit coming over here and acting like a victim.

Cope57
April 2nd, 2008, 07:12 AM
I am sorry if I did not click the link(s) on the 1st page, only because I avoid TROLL websites, just because they want traffic.

It would be the same as a Linux Sucks thread.
Many people would click on it to honestly help the individual with their Linux issues. But as a website it is just making a bold statement to get a bigger audiences attention from many Linux communities.

The way I see it, is if they create websites such as those posted on the 1st page of this thread, many will go there whether they have tried Linux or not, just to see what the commotion is all about. In the end, those that have never tried Linux, will further search more links to see how bad it really is.

Those that have tried Linux, and left quickly because it was to different, or did not run their favorite game, will also go to a site such as mentioned before, to see if the facts are correct with their experiences. They will also see that it is a bogus site that did one thing it was intended to do, and that is to have you click it.

Now the website owner now knows your IP address through java scripts, your browser type, your screen resolution, the country you came from, and the list goes on. They even probably collected the cookies you had stored in your browser so they could send spambots to scan for email address from the places you have been.

Simple, Don't Feed The Trolls! stop clicking...

linsux
April 2nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
Yeah that's adorable.

Look, I don't give a good god damn what you have to say because what little I read on your site was so hilariously stupid it made me have to choose if you're just really, really bad at satire or really, really dumb. Either way it's not worth my time. And I'm hardly a Linux head, look at my posting in the thread on where I'd like to see Windows in five years.

I don't want threats on you guys, but I also don't want to hear your ********. You're engaging in immature baiting and to act like you don't want to get negative reactions is like the Landover Baptist website saying it doesn't want any backlash from religious circles. You're being dishonest.

Tell ya what. You just go and play with your little website and have a good time. Quit coming over here and acting like a victim.

I will ask you for a second time to calm down. Nor do I care what you have to say about what. I find you're posts to be crude and of low quality. I am not baiting anyone to come to my site here, though, I will admit that it was our full intentions at other sites.

I'm not crying foul, I'm not bitching about the fact that people don't agree with what we have to say, and I can take what I dish out, however, I never dished out death threats or hacking threats to you.
So stop with that BS.

If you don't like what we have to say, you're more than welcome to look away and pretend we're not here.

toupeiro
April 2nd, 2008, 07:17 AM
Agreed, Cope.

Here is the thing that still kills me. Of all the controversial decisions around posts lately on this site, HOW did this thread get to 15 friggin pages and is STILL open??!! Come on Moderators! My rant in the forum feedback regarding Fuscia was in part for scenario's EXACTLY like this. 15 pages?! Can someone kill this thread please?!

it should be:
Don't feed the trolls, ok good,
now shut the trolls up!

SomeGuyDude
April 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
I will ask you for a second time to calm down. Nor do I care what you have to say about what. I find you're posts to be crude and of low quality. I am not baiting anyone to come to my site here, though, I will admit that it was our full intentions at other sites.

I'm not crying foul, I'm not bitching about the fact that people don't agree with what we have to say, and I can take what I dish out, however, I never dished out death threats or hacking threats to you.
So stop with that BS.

If you don't like what we have to say, you're more than welcome to look away and pretend we're not here.

I see how it is. People come onto your site and say things you dislike and you ask them to stop. Then you come onto OURs and cause a stink and then ask us to stop giving you a hard time for it. Nice little double standard there, sport.

I never dished any threats to you either, so quit acting like I've somehow caused you grief. I'm just letting you know why it is that you haven't exactly warmed the cockles of the UF community's hearts.

I don't like what you have to say so I'm not reading your site. However, now your site is bleeding onto mine and the only variable in this situation is you. Now it's idiotic for you to come over here and ask that people stop responding to your posts here, much as it'd be dumb of me to post on your site and then request to not get hassled over it.

If you don't want people like me giving you a hard time, just go away. I can guarantee you that your presence will not be missed. I'm not posting on your site, you can do whatever you like over there and I won't do a damn thing about it. It'd be downright generous of ya to extend the same courtesy and quit cluttering up mine.

EDIT: agreed, close this *******. It's not even amusing, it's just annoying.

orethrius
April 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Yeah, I'm just about done with this thread, too. The site really lost its fun for me once I started to understand their chief aim. That being said, bad satire hardly deserves hacking or death threats.

Mr. Picklesworth
April 2nd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Can someone kill this thread please?! BANG. I shot it.

AAARGH, it's not doing anything! We need the magical moderator keys!

IsawSp4rks
April 2nd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Orethius :-

When you start a fight, especially a dirty one, you can't expect to set the rules as you please.

If your site gets hacked (and I in no way support such an action) then it's something you need to deal with professionally but ultimately it's your fault.

Nobody asked for your opinion on ubuntu or desktop linux yet you put it out there for all to see. You then further compounded your bad, racist and irresponsible behaviour (that is, what you call humor) by coming to this forum and crying foul and debating people's opinion and now you have the gall to complain.

There's little more that need be said.

orethrius
April 2nd, 2008, 07:31 AM
BANG. I shot it.

AAARGH, it's not doing anything! We need the magical moderator keys!

Consider this thread poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disembowled, drawn and quartered.

ACK! Its undead head is saying something! "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back."

Quick, someone, we need a young mod and an old mod (and if you don't get the refs, a Failstick of Epic Loss)!

LaRoza
April 2nd, 2008, 07:33 AM
Consider this thread poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disembowled, drawn and quartered.

ACK! Its undead head is saying something! "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back."

Quick, someone, we need a young mod and an old mod (and if you don't get the refs, a Failstick of Epic Loss)!

It was just reported, and I am reacting in seconds.

Imagine what would have happened if it were reported earlier?