PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

EricG
April 2nd, 2008, 12:07 AM
Hello everyone, I just discovered the LoCo teams so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a student at the University of Memphis, and I've been using linux since 2004. I started off with Suse 9.1, and currently run Ubuntu 8.04 on my desktop and Fedora 8 on my laptop. I enjoy using linux mostly because of the philosophy behind it, but also enjoy being able to tinker with my system, even though I pretty much suck at it (I'm an Anthropology major--not computer science/engineering).

I wasn't really a fan of the early Ubuntu releases, but I must say it has grown on me. The increase in stability and usability has been phenomenal just since I started using linux in 2004, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for linux.

That's enough about me; when I found the LoCo team listings I was really surprised to see a Tennessee team so I just wanted to join up with other Tennesseans embracing Freedom. :)

Eric

DynamicStu
April 7th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I just discovered this LoCo team, too, but I'm in Knoxville. Are there East/West Tennessee teams, for those who know?

matthewcraig
April 8th, 2008, 02:21 AM
There is a Linux User Group that meets at the university.

DynamicStu
April 14th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks, I'll look into that. :)