PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft: Great Company, or THE GREATEST company?

schauerlich
April 1st, 2008, 07:54 PM
Microsoft: Great Company, or THE GREATEST Company? I voted Greatest because of all the work they've done to promote open source.

NightwishFan
April 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM
I concur. I would never have used Linux if it was not for that great software called Windows Vista.

saulgoode
April 1st, 2008, 08:02 PM
We all owe Bill Gates & Corp a deep debt of gratitude for proving Richard Stallman right.

clanky
April 1st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Hmmmmmm, undecided on this one, they are a great company, but then one has to ask how they compare to other companies such as Enron and MacDonalds for the title of the "greatest" company?

FuturePilot
April 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
Thank you Microsoft for creating Vista. You have given many users a good reason to switch to Linux :)

smoker
April 1st, 2008, 08:48 PM
hmm, i thought a chair was just for sitting on, until microsoft staff kindly showed me how i could use it to keep fit. i'm getting really rather good at the chair throwing event, and have lost that bit of extra weight drinking too much beer entails!
:lolflag:

clanky
April 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
hmm, i thought a chair was just for sitting on, until microsoft staff kindly showed me how i could use it to keep fit. i'm getting really rather good at the chair throwing event, and have lost that bit of extra weight drinking too much beer entails!

Microsoft goes that little bit further to keep me fit, I work on a ship were everything is controlled by computers running windows, every time they crash, I have to get up in the middle of the night (they never crash when i am actually in the engine room during the day obviously), get dressed in the dark (the everything that the computers control includes the generators), I then have to either get the computer system up and running again or get the entire engine room running manually, the computers are usually slightly less trouble. When all that is done I then have to get my sorry *** back up to the accommodation and hopefully grab some sleep before the alarm clock rings at 0630.

-grubby
April 1st, 2008, 09:11 PM
I voted GREATEST COMPANY!!!!! GO BALLMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW HOW MUCH WORK BALLMER HAS DONE TO PROMOTE OPEN SOURCE LINUX!!!!!!!

fatality_uk
April 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM
Can the OP post EXACTLY the same thread in a week please :lol:

smoker
April 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
Microsoft goes that little bit further to keep me fit, I work on a ship were everything is controlled by computers running windows, every time they crash, I have to get up in the middle of the night (they never crash when i am actually in the engine room during the day obviously), get dressed in the dark (the everything that the computers control includes the generators), I then have to either get the computer system up and running again or get the entire engine room running manually, the computers are usually slightly less trouble. When all that is done I then have to get my sorry *** back up to the accommodation and hopefully grab some sleep before the alarm clock rings at 0630.

Hmm, i don't envy you, a 'blue screen of death' could have another meaning entirely if you're looking out a porthole

rfruth
April 1st, 2008, 11:13 PM
Has MSFT painted themselves in a corner with Vista ?