PDA

View Full Version : Will the real moderators please stand up?

kevdog
April 1st, 2008, 05:36 PM
Nice touch with the switch with the moderator names and avatars -- yet another instance of scratching my head asking whats up with that!

Tristam Green
April 1st, 2008, 05:41 PM
LaRoza's wins. lol

PriceChild
April 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM
I am always amazed when someone changes their avatar, and I just cannot remember who they are. Avatars make a big impression on me for some reason... although I knew it was coming, matthew *really* confused me when announcing a few changes he made that required an admin.

matthew
April 1st, 2008, 06:06 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

macogw
April 1st, 2008, 06:22 PM
LaRoza's wins. lol

LaRoza's being given hell in the Backyard for using my avatar which is apparently "inappropriate" when she uses it but resulted only in PMs thanking me for it in the months I've had it.

bapoumba
April 1st, 2008, 06:23 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Neither do I.

FuturePilot
April 1st, 2008, 06:28 PM
You're all making me dizzy trying to figure out who is who :p

I mean I need to stand on my head just to read bapoumba's...er...matthew's.....er whoever you are user title.

bapoumba
April 1st, 2008, 06:33 PM
You're all making me dizzy trying to figure out who is who :p

I mean I need to stand on my head just to read bapoumba's...er...matthew's.....er whoever you are user title.

Ahah :D
You know, it's 19:31 here. I think I changed my forums identification around 9:30 this morning. Some had done it already before me. I'm amazed it took so long for a thread to be created. Did you (all) just notice ?

Tristam Green
April 1st, 2008, 06:37 PM
LaRoza's being given hell in the Backyard for using my avatar which is apparently "inappropriate" when she uses it but resulted only in PMs thanking me for it in the months I've had it.

That's silly, but regrettably expected behavior of The Backyard.

Keep on doin' your thing, mac :)

kevdog
April 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Noticed a few hours ago, but wanted to remain silent -- keep it a secret. There are gnome's listening....SHHH!

Perfect Storm
April 1st, 2008, 06:45 PM
No worries I still got mine, so I don't confuse people :)

jken146
April 1st, 2008, 06:46 PM
This is quite distressing.

macogw
April 1st, 2008, 06:47 PM
Noticed a few hours ago, but wanted to remain silent -- keep it a secret. There are gnome's listening....SHHH!
Anyone got a KDE Kat we can unleash on 'em?

bapoumba
April 1st, 2008, 06:48 PM
This is quite distressing.
Do not worry, be happy :)

PmDematagoda
April 1st, 2008, 06:50 PM
Do not worry, be happy :)

And if you can't be happy, go jump off a cliff:).

macogw
April 1st, 2008, 06:50 PM
That's silly, but regrettably expected behavior of The Backyard.

Keep on doin' your thing, mac :)

I can keep me and LaRoza straight because I know we're directly switched. You and I, though? Ah!

MONODA
April 1st, 2008, 06:52 PM
I am always amazed when someone changes their avatar, and I just cannot remember who they are. Avatars make a big impression on me for some reason... although I knew it was coming, matthew *really* confused me when announcing a few changes he made that required an admin.
yeah I always imagine people on the forums as a distorted version of their avatars. anyway i really hope all this identity switching is cleared up by tomorrow

PmDematagoda
April 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
yeah I always imagine people on the forums as a distorted version of their avatars. anyway i really hope all this identity switching is cleared up by tomorrow

Don't worry, it won't:).

Dr Small
April 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM
I am totally confused now... I hope you all remember who you are, or things will definately be bad :p

Perfect Storm
April 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
I am totally confused now... I hope you all remember who you are, or things will definately be bad :p

A shrink is on the case (paid from Canonicals pocket)

PmDematagoda
April 1st, 2008, 06:57 PM

I always remember who I am, I am bapoumba, and I sort of remember that bapoumba is matthew with matthew being LaRoza, LaRoza being compiledkernel, compiledkernel being macogw and macogw being wieman01. There, now that wasn't too hard was it?

grossaffe
April 1st, 2008, 06:58 PM
what're y'all doin' up there on the ceiling?

Tristam Green
April 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
I can keep me and LaRoza straight because I know we're directly switched. You and I, though? Ah!
lol yeah! I was trying to assimilate and become like LaRoza, and I think something got lost in translation....perhaps it has something to do with this infernal day:confused:

FuturePilot
April 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
I always remember who I am, I am bapoumba, and I sort of remember that bapoumba is matthew with matthew being LaRoza, LaRoza being compiledkernel, compiledkernel being macogw and macogw being wieman01. There, now that wasn't too hard was it?

Stop, I think I'm getting sick.... too dizzy.... :-&

PmDematagoda
April 1st, 2008, 07:00 PM
Stop, I think I'm getting sick, too dizzy :-&

Do you want me to cure you by giving you the entire list?

LaRoza
April 1st, 2008, 07:01 PM

Straight? On the contrary perhaps :-)

I keep getting confused, wondering when I made all these posts...

FuturePilot
April 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM
Do you want me to cure you by giving you the entire list?

:shock: :-&

SomeGuyDude
April 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM

If the mod staff had all decided to use the same avatar for a day, pandemonium would have erupted.

Perfect Storm
April 1st, 2008, 07:04 PM
Good idea. Going to remember to next time.

PmDematagoda
April 1st, 2008, 07:04 PM
If the mod staff had all decided to use the same avatar for a day, pandemonium would have erupted.

Now there's an idea for the next AFD joke.

Thank you for that wonderful suggestion:).

matthew
April 1st, 2008, 07:05 PM
If the mod staff had all decided to use the same avatar for a day, pandemonium would have erupted.We thought about it, but this is more fun.

Superkoop
April 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM
People just need to look at the names more often, and then when the avie changes, it makes no difference...unless you all changed names too...then I think I would be confuzeled.

eidt: omagoodnes, now that green really mixes things up!

LeoSolaris
April 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
It's these sorts of things that make me nauseous all the way into June... Blasted April Fools day...

Now where did I put that can of shaving cream...

Oel

schauerlich
April 1st, 2008, 07:51 PM
People just need to look at the names more often, and then when the avie changes, it makes no difference...unless you all changed names too...then I think I would be confuzeled.

eidt: omagoodnes, now that green really mixes things up!

Visual patterns are much a much easier and quicker way for the brain to identify someone. Just like you can remember what that one movie star looks like, but not his name.