PDA

View Full Version : My resignation...

јdong
April 1st, 2008, 04:14 AM
Dear UbuntuForums Community,

I have recently accepted a position as the technical lead in the Microsoft / Department Of Homeland Security War On IP Infringement. As a part of the agreement for this job I have turned over my Forum Council status.

After working on Ubuntu for 2.5 years, I have realized that everything useful in Ubuntu is unfairly stolen from the hard work of proprietary software vendors. I will begin paperwork shortly to recommend the arrest of all Ubuntu users and developers under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

I will also be transferring from MIT to CalTech, who use only Genuine Microsoft Software and Windows Server System to build the most leading edge network to date. It will also make my 550-mile daily commute to work easier by my State-issued GMC Yukon XL Denali.

As a limited time offer, I will extend to all forum members with a clean infraction history a free 15-day trial of Windows Home Server 2008 in the coming days. Stay tuned!

jdong

tubasoldier
April 1st, 2008, 04:17 AM
What? LOL.

Come on everyone, lets feed this troll...

DoktorSeven
April 1st, 2008, 04:18 AM
*clears throat, points to calendar*

macogw
April 1st, 2008, 04:20 AM
What? LOL.

Troll? jdong is...er...was...a mod on here.

Kingsley
April 1st, 2008, 04:20 AM
Can I have your beans?

ice60
April 1st, 2008, 04:21 AM
What? LOL.

not a troll, it's јdong, i think it's made from an admin account. it's good to see you've finally seen the light, good for you ;)

Superkoop
April 1st, 2008, 04:22 AM
Time to short sheet the beds!

bwhite82
Nice try ;) Perhaps it would have worked if it was toned-down just a tad.

drascus
So is this supposed to be the day that freedom died or something?

Kingsley
April 1st, 2008, 04:23 AM
April Fools!!!

jdong
April 1st, 2008, 04:23 AM
Nice try ;) Perhaps it would have worked if it was toned-down just a tad.

I was bored :)

My other contribution is here: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-April/003510.html

drascus
April 1st, 2008, 04:26 AM
jdong sorry you had me going so well I reported you lol. oops... April Fools on me.

kutjara
April 1st, 2008, 04:27 AM

I have recently accepted a position as the technical lead in the Microsoft / Department Of Homeland Security War On IP Infringement. As a part of the agreement for this job I have turned over my Forum Council status.

After working on Ubuntu for 2.5 years, I have realized that everything useful in Ubuntu is unfairly stolen from the hard work of proprietary software vendors. I will begin paperwork shortly to recommend the arrest of all Ubuntu users and developers under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

I will also be transferring from MIT to CalTech, who use only Genuine Microsoft Software and Windows Server System to build the most leading edge network to date. It will also make my 550-mile daily commute to work easier by my State-issued GMC Yukon XL Denali.

As a limited time offer, I will extend to all forum members with a clean infraction history a free 15-day trial of Windows Home Server 2008 in the coming days. Stay tuned!

jdong

I am unconcerned. Since you'll be using Microsoft software, you will be so busy dealing with system crashes and device incompatibilities, you will neither be able to prepare or print the documents you are contemplating.

Also, you'll find the constant, relentless onslaught of malware you'll be dealing with will severely constrain your ability to do much else except ruminate wistfully on the manifest inadequacy of your genitalia.

Being threatened under the DMCA by a digicop running Microsoft software is about as frightening as being chased by a Fed pedaling a tricycle.

drascus
April 1st, 2008, 04:29 AM
well Ok good to know I wasn't the only one fooled

smartboyathome
April 1st, 2008, 04:29 AM
Also, what happened to jdong's beans? They all got set to 0. O_O

swoll1980
April 1st, 2008, 04:58 AM
All hail our new Micro Soft overlords

LaRoza
April 1st, 2008, 04:59 AM

Count me in. I want the shiny disk (my tea keeps staining my desk, need coaster)

unknown03
April 1st, 2008, 05:04 AM
Being threatened under the DMCA by a digicop running Microsoft software is about as frightening as being chased by a Fed pedaling a tricycle.

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!

fissionmailed
April 1st, 2008, 05:14 AM
I see what you did there.

temugen
April 1st, 2008, 05:15 AM
Good luck at Caltech.

It's much more difficult than MIT, but you'll learn a lot more.

FuturePilot
April 1st, 2008, 05:17 AM
:lolflag:

-grubby
April 1st, 2008, 05:31 AM
When will I be getting my free trial of Windows Server 2008? I'm overjoyed!

chucky chuckaluck
April 1st, 2008, 05:31 AM
I will also be transferring from MIT

you got into MIT?

dn_desaku
April 1st, 2008, 05:33 AM
Don't forget to tell Mr. Gates about his haircut if you meet him!:lolflag:

macogw
April 1st, 2008, 05:36 AM
you got into MIT?

Yeah...I couldn't meet him during the XKCD meetup because he had to study for his crazy-hard MIT midterms.

metallicamaster3
April 1st, 2008, 05:36 AM
Is that the Jefferson Airplane falling out of the sky?!

...bad pun. I apologize.

Hutom
April 1st, 2008, 05:40 AM
Enjoy monkey dance. :lolflag:

Seriously, you fooled me. :-D

dasunst3r
April 1st, 2008, 05:47 AM
Happy April Fools'!

amyst
April 1st, 2008, 06:38 AM
Geeks are mostly friendlier and happier at the cozy MIT :)

When I saw the caltech logo my heart almost stopped - jdong you'll be crushed by caltech + windows depressing atmosphere before being able to do real damages.

I was fooled.

Bubba64
April 1st, 2008, 07:24 AM
Thought you went Schizoid there for a minute. There can be a fine line with some people between intelligence/creativity and Psychosis. FUNNY.

DjBones
April 1st, 2008, 08:21 AM
haha i thought he was serious at first!
but then it just got silly lol

Misbah
April 1st, 2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah I also thought he was serious.

Over in the Arch forums, I logged in this morning, and the entire thing was in German, with a nice note about how the forum will be switching/mergine with the .de site. I wrote a huge rant, and then I realized after I posted, April Fools. Man I used to be on top of this april fools stuff, I'm old now..

stalker145
April 1st, 2008, 01:28 PM
If it weren't for the date and the melodramatic presentation, it might have been a nice joke.

But then again I was over here celebrating the the loss of one more mod to close threads.

:lolflag:

I kid, please don't infract me ;)

kellemes
April 1st, 2008, 01:36 PM
Almost swallowed my ballpoint..

chewearn
April 1st, 2008, 01:38 PM

jdong

I will like to confess! Bring me to the light, o Jedi master. 8-[

Kernel Sanders
April 1st, 2008, 01:55 PM

*Waits* ;)

bapoumba
April 1st, 2008, 01:57 PM
*Waits* ;)
*Infracts* ;)

Kernel Sanders
April 1st, 2008, 01:58 PM
*Infracts* ;)

Touché! :lol:

ihavenoname
April 1st, 2008, 02:07 PM
I am considering sueing this form for hurting my eyes with this theme, :lolflag:. Jdong, I'm on the same page as you, anyone who's used Windows Vista, with Visual Express 2008 knows that it's far superior to anything Ubuntu has on offer. We have all been diluted in these "communist" ploys called Ubuntu, and Linnnux. People, there is nothing to see here go back to your windows. You should have known better. If you don't have to pay for it then it's clearly horrible. Windows is far superior. Like the other day, I installed Windows XP on my Desktop. It worked flawlessly. My nvida card was detected and the 3d drivers were automatically installed. My soundcard works beautifully. It's time to stop tinkering with your OS and actually using your computer. Jdong, in the words of that song I heard on youtube "Make it rain on them #%(#".

ubuntu-geek
April 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM
John, I am sad to see you go. I remember the day I asked you to be a moderator back when UF was only a small entity. Enjoy the future and I thank you again for your hard work over the past couple of years.

matthew
April 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM
Parting is such sweet sorrow. I bid the adieu til it be morrow.

Dr Small
April 1st, 2008, 02:32 PM
What the heck happened to matthew!?
Oh, by the way, I am leaving too... :|
http://php.8ez.com/drsmall/blog/?p=242

bapoumba
April 1st, 2008, 02:36 PM
What the heck happened to matthew!?
Oh, by the way, I am leaving too... :|
http://php.8ez.com/drsmall/blog/?p=242
Sorry to see you go, Dr Small. Such is life *sigh*.

Linuxratty
April 1st, 2008, 02:41 PM

jdong

I will take you up on your offer if I'm paid $1,000.00 a day for the fifteen days.

smartboyathome
April 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Wait, there are 2 jdongs? See here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4629618#post4629618), and see the thread starter. Same username, how can this be?

PmDematagoda
April 1st, 2008, 03:44 PM
Wait, there are 2 jdongs? See here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4629618#post4629618), and see the thread starter. Same username, how can this be?

It's the new jdong account, he has officially moved and is no longer an administrator, therefore he decided to spare the shame and create another account.

smartboyathome
April 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
Oh, ok, I get it now. ;)

Perfect Storm
April 1st, 2008, 04:12 PM
John, I am sad to see you go. I remember the day I asked you to be a moderator back when UF was only a small entity. Enjoy the future and I thank you again for your hard work over the past couple of years.

+1

ashvee
April 1st, 2008, 04:17 PM
windows free world

PmDematagoda
April 1st, 2008, 04:19 PM

+1, it was great working with you jdong, especially on the project which involved creating the first ever Ubuntu virus, you still have it don't you? I think I accidentally uploaded it to the Ubuntu main repository, hope you don't mind.

ice60
April 1st, 2008, 04:24 PM
can i be an admin as you're an admin short? i'll ban everyone and put up lots of stickys about what a great hacker i am 8)

PmDematagoda
April 1st, 2008, 04:28 PM
can i be an admin as you're an admin short? i'll ban everyone and put up lots of stickys about what a great hacker i am 8)

No thanks, we like someone who advocates Windows, you don't fit that requirement.

bsharp
April 1st, 2008, 04:29 PM
Geeks are mostly friendlier and happier at the cozy MIT :)

When I saw the caltech logo my heart almost stopped

LMAO!

derekr44
April 1st, 2008, 04:41 PM
Can I have your watch when you are dead?

ice60
April 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM
No thanks, we like someone who advocates Windows, you don't fit that requirement.

i can get a windows tattoo, but i'm going to start my own forum called thebestubuntuforumsintheworldandthatsafact.com

Vorian Grey
April 1st, 2008, 04:50 PM
I always knew Windows would win in the end.

Hutom
April 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
i can get a windows tattoo, but i'm going to start my own forum called thebestubuntuforumsintheworldandthatsafact.com

Let me be an admin there.

caravel
April 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
I always knew Windows would win in the end.
Give in to the dark blue and grey crashy side... you know you want too..?

tango_ninja
April 2nd, 2008, 01:38 AM
good one, april fools :)

ice60
April 2nd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Let me be an admin there.
everyone's banned, including you!

if you want to feel important though you can read some of my stickys and be honoured to read the words of such a great hacker. i'll put up a few stickys a day for the community.

i'm starting to get the hang of this admin lark, it's not as easy as it looks.

Tundro Walker
April 4th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Wow. I mean, just ... wow.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry while reading that.

I mean, it's a sad social commentary when something like that can be used as a wicked April's Fool joke, because everyone's paranoid about turn-coats, lawsuits and patent infringement BS running rampant.

It's even sadder when some folks seem to think he's serious.

Dude, I feel torn, like a parent who just found out his kid pulled a prank to make me think he got hit by my car while I was backing out. I don't know whether to smack you for being such an a** or to hug you because I love you being part of the family so much.

I guess I'll hug you ... THIS time ...