PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback on a new site that we just launched...

bmeyer
March 31st, 2008, 04:17 AM
Satellite Sights: Community Driven Satellite Image Sightseeing
http://www.satellitesights.com

What do you all think? Any feedback (usability, design, content, etc) would be greatly appreciate, as would participating by posting content.

Thanks!

Chilli Bob
March 31st, 2008, 04:27 AM
The green-on-white of the left hand menu doesn't work for me. I'd suggest an easier to read combination, eg a darker green or a grey background perhaps.

I searched "bondi" but it didn't find anything, even though I know there is a shot tilted Bondi Beach. The same happened for "Sydney" and "Olympics".

Looks like an interesting site, I'll be back

Kingsley
March 31st, 2008, 04:44 AM
The banner seems to be too wide for what's viewable on the page. Also, I'd recommend using part of the banner as a link to the site's main page.

hhhhhx
March 31st, 2008, 04:52 AM
The banner seems to be too wide for what's viewable on the page. Also, I'd recommend using part of the banner as a link to the site's main page.
+1

SomeGuyDude
March 31st, 2008, 04:52 AM
I'm not a fan of four-column sites in general unless they're massive MSNBC-style pages that are in that many sections.

Otherwise it seems clean. Darken up the green bits and it's good in my eyes.

bmeyer
March 31st, 2008, 05:17 AM
The green-on-white of the left hand menu doesn't work for me. I'd suggest an easier to read combination, eg a darker green or a grey background perhaps.

I searched "bondi" but it didn't find anything, even though I know there is a shot tilted Bondi Beach. The same happened for "Sydney" and "Olympics".

Looks like an interesting site, I'll be back

I've heard a lot of negative feedback regarding the left column and am working on it, so thanks. Also, thank you for pointing out the search bug -- turns out I was missing a set of parens in an SQL statement.

bmeyer
March 31st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Ok, I fixed the search functionality and tweaked the colors/layout a bit. Any more thoughts?