PDA

View Full Version : Content Management Suggestions?

afderrick
March 29th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Alright, I have looked all over and just had trouble finding exactly what I want. I have my old windows PC that once I get the last few files I need off it I want to install linux on it. I want to use it as a file server / backup, and probably stream mp3s into my stereo system. That part is easy. What I want though is some sort of mechanism in which to access my files through the web instead of via nautilus. I'm thinking just something a little more eye-candy than what using simply nautilus will allow me. The problem I am having is I want to have automated backup going to the server so i need a content management system that will update the database as well so if I FTP files to the server I can access them through the CMS. Then the other things I want are your basic CMS type sites, I would like to put just a simply web page up with links to all my favorite sites, just something easy to set as my home page.

Does anyone know of a CMS that will allow me to backup data to my server and then allow me to view my files and file structure via a website?

loell
March 29th, 2008, 04:55 PM
for cms, try joomla (http://www.joomla.org) its probably the most popular and easiest one.

afderrick
March 29th, 2008, 05:20 PM
are there modules that allow localhost file browsing within joomla? and then I would want that functionality without having to upload files through joomla.