PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Tabs

clanky
March 29th, 2008, 02:47 PM
When I close a tab in Firefox the tab bar disappears and the view switches to the page which I have just tried to close, this only happens for a split second, but it is long enough for me to think "Oh ****, I have just closed the wrong tab" before that page disappears and the tab which i wanted to leave open re-appears.

This has happened so many times that I have lost count and my brain still can't accept the fact that I haven't just shut the wrong tab and lost everything. Is it just me?

Darkhack
March 29th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah I've noticed that. It's not long enough to bother me, but it's noticable. What really bugs me how Firefox lags when I close a tab with heavy javascript. Digg for example. In Firefox 2 if you opened a new tab it would lag to death, but it closed just fine. Firefox 3 is the opposite. Opening a tab with heavy javascript works okay but if I try to close it, the program becomes unresponsive for several seconds. In fact, in Gutsy, it would sometimes totally hang my whole system. It no longer hangs the whole system in Hardy, but it is unresponsive for up to 5 seconds which is really really annoying.