PDA

View Full Version : something I have Just noticed.

StOoZ
March 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM
And I would like to have an explanation for that, and why it is necessary.
as far as I know , Israel is no longer controlling Gaza , so its not an occupied territory.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4366/screenshotfe8.png

jken146
March 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I think it depends on whom you ask. Israel will say Gaza isn't occupied, but Gazans might not.

tgalati4
March 29th, 2008, 05:09 PM
How about Palestinian Territory, Gaza region?

popch
March 29th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Please file a bug report.

ice60
March 29th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I think it depends on whom you ask. Israel will say Gaza isn't occupied, but Gazans might not.did Israeli forces go back in to Gaza? i don't really follow it very closely.

Mr.Auer
March 30th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Not yet. Theyve just closed Gaza off from all normal shipments and most humanitarian aid, including ambulances most of the time, closed all exits for people turning Gaza into a large outdoor prison camp (concentration camp if you will), against all pleas by UN and others, and assassinates gazans from remotely controlled drones with missiles. And refuses to negotiate or even recognize the democratically elected Hamas government.

So take your pick as to whether palestinians are now free or not. Or if its the same kind of freedom Iraq now has. Or one like South Africa used to have.

aimran
March 30th, 2008, 06:40 PM
In before backyard? :P +1 to the file bug report idea :)

Mr.Auer
March 31st, 2008, 06:51 AM
Why a bug report? That is factual. If people cant travel out of Palestine, or back in, its not a free territory. Israel controls all exits, and doesnt allow palestinians to even get out of the country. Israel doesnt allow boats to come to or leave Gaza either.

And this map shows how israelis have taken over palestinian lands, including most of what UN gave to be Palestine. How can this not be occupation?

http://koti.welho.com/kjussil1/wiping-off-map.jpg

Ive been there several times and seen it for myself. I used to support zionism earlier, I simply cannot anymore now that Ive seen myself what is going on there. A colonial project and clash of major religions. A powder keg and attack helicopters against stone throwing kids.

Yeah, backyard it is for this thread soon, I suppose...

LaRoza
March 31st, 2008, 07:27 AM
Ive been there several times and seen it for myself. I used to support zionism earlier, I simply cannot anymore now that Ive seen myself what is going on there. A colonial project and clash of major religions. A powder keg and attack helicopters against stone throwing kids.

Yeah, backyard it is for this thread soon, I suppose...

It isn't a nice situation, but don't blame it all on Israel...Keep in mind that their cities get random rocket attacks, and there are suicide bombers and such.

If they had no reason to think someone would try to kill them randomly, perhaps they wouldn't use the military so often?

Remember, they are a small country surrounded by other countries that have at one time or another invaded them, and many don't recognize them as a nation. They have no reason to be "nice guys" while in such a situation.

The map you showed was interesting, if you go back further in time, and show Christian/Jewish lands, you will see a wave of another type, engulfing a much larger area.

Hutom
March 31st, 2008, 07:37 AM
their cities get random rocket attacks

Suppose I put a gun on your head and throw you out of your house. How long will you follow Gandhi?