PDA

View Full Version : what os does India use primarly?

kool_kat_os
March 29th, 2008, 03:30 AM
what os does India use primarly? and also...i went to www.ubuntu.co.in and the site is not constructed...is it possible for me to help make it?

YldGuy
March 29th, 2008, 04:17 AM
what os does india use primarily???

Free Windows.

mridkash
March 29th, 2008, 05:29 AM
what os does india use primarily???

Free Windows.

no, its Windows XP Pirated Edition:lolflag:

But apart from that, I'm proud that at least I'm piracy free. I'm a Computer Science and multimedia student and using mostly open source free libre software and genuine Windows. The only exception *was* Flash, which I couldn't afford (costs Rs 28000). But recently I got Flex Framework Educational version for free from Adobe and now no need for expensive Flash.

---------------
Be the change you want to see! -- Mahatma Gandhi:guitar:

Samueltehg33k
March 29th, 2008, 05:31 AM
id say windows because its manufactured there

kodoku
March 29th, 2008, 06:31 AM
i didn't know they had computers in india

that's rather harsh.

I'm sure they have some, considering the bulk of tech support calls are sent there.

kutjara
March 29th, 2008, 06:49 AM

Considering the number of datacenters, programming, and tech support jobs that have been outsourced there, I'd say they'll soon have more computers than almost anywhere else.

Google Spider
March 29th, 2008, 07:11 AM
id say windows because its manufactured there

What? Who told you that?:confused:

Most home users here use pirated windows XP. I got my XP disc copied from my friend (who in turn copied it from someone else:biggrin:) .

But now I don't use that partition any more and will install open SUSE on it.:)

That's your ignorance.

7aji88
March 29th, 2008, 07:46 AM
pirated windows for sure:guitar:
I used to live in Syria and there we don't have an original Windows copies. They are all pirated copies.

k2t0f12d
March 29th, 2008, 07:52 AM
no, its Windows XP Pirated Edition

Good God man, that is almost as bad as having legal copies! :roll:

bhavi
March 29th, 2008, 09:42 AM

There are computers in India.. Only from past 15 years CS has made an impact...

bhavi
March 29th, 2008, 09:50 AM
what os does India use primarly? and also...i went to www.ubuntu.co.in and the site is not constructed...is it possible for me to help make it?

Ubuntu Indian local community website is http://www.ubuntu.in org and IRC channel is #ubuntu-in on irc.freenode.net

argie
March 29th, 2008, 09:51 AM

Ha ha very funny. Ha ha.

Most of the people I know use pirated Windows because everything works on it. Most computers are assembled and the guy putting it together will usually install Windows, Office, and Photoshop, or whatever you want. Part of the deal.

Hutom
March 29th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Mainly Windows XP (pirated version for home users and non-pirated versions for offices). However some people still prefer to use Windows 98 . They think it is more stable. However, like it or not, laptop vendors (especially HP Compaq) are force selling Vista (pre-installed). GNU/Linux users are still limited only in universities and in some households in big cities.

bhavi
March 29th, 2008, 10:11 AM
<snip>

Chill down mate.... I am an Indian and I m not pissed off by any one saying there is no computers in India... Maybe he didnt visit Bangalore's IT park until now in his lifetime I think.. ;) Bangalore is famously known as SILICON VALLEY OF THE EAST and I have immense pride in saying this...

bhavi
March 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
no, its Windows XP Pirated Edition:lolflag::

Yes I agree with with it completely..

have started a poll here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=730675

Catharina
March 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
.i went to www.ubuntu.co.in and the site is not constructed...is it possible for me to help make it?

You should contact the e-mail adres on the site for that I think. I t is not the official Ubuntu site for india. However I think it is not allowed to use Ubuntu in the domain name, because it is a registered trademark of Canonical.