PDA

View Full Version : Little Help With C++

YenningComity
October 9th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Well I am on my second year of java and have dabbled in C++ however recently I have been using a beginner game programmers guide. It works well enough but as of yet I can't seem to get any of the programs to work in linux. I have been using Scite and Anjuta? (at my desktop which is windows so I cant check). Anyways neither will compile and throws up various errors so I was wondering if anyone could send me a nice link to a guide for linux. Nothing to teach me the language just enough so I can take what I have and move it over to linux and continue on. (this is basic stuff at the moment just output to the console really)

thumper
October 9th, 2005, 11:53 PM
If you are just after simple stuff to and from the console, then I'd say compile from the command line.

g++ -o sample sample.cppwill create an executable called sample.

You need to make sure that you have the build-essential package installed first (or else it won't find g++).

Give that a go and get back with what happened.

YenningComity
October 10th, 2005, 01:05 AM
g++: sample.cpp: No such file or directory
g++: no input files

that help?

Quartus
October 10th, 2005, 01:10 AM
You need to make sure that you have the build-essential package installed first (or else it won't find g++).

sudo apt-get install build-essential

YenningComity
October 10th, 2005, 02:23 AM
i glazed over that part I guess regardless it works now thanks all

thumper
October 10th, 2005, 09:02 AM
g++: sample.cpp: No such file or directory
g++: no input files

that help?
My guess is that you didn't actually have a C++ file called sample.cpp to compile first...