PDA

View Full Version : WINE 1.0 Coming Soon!

kevin11951
March 27th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Well, its finally happening, WINE 1.0 is almost here (i wonder how many bugs there still will be?). I really dont use wine, i use windows xp, with a dual boot, for half life! so i wonder if halflife (and steam) will work with 1.0?

http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleasePlan

drzoo2
March 27th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Nice to see os projects reach a 1.0 maturity. I use WINE for CD ripping apps and a few small games.

z

kevin11951
March 27th, 2008, 05:20 AM
what? nobody cares about wine 1.0!? it has guaranteed support for photoshop cs2 which alot of people need! well you want proof... proof! @$R@$ YOU %@$#%@ I CANT BELIEVE YOU @#$%$ FINE!

here:

http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleaseCriteria

P.S. sorry if that wasn't funny, its 12am here, and my humor runs out at like 11. :)

SunnyRabbiera
March 27th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Yeh old news to me, but still good news.
WINE has made a lot of advancement over the last few years.

jrharvey
March 27th, 2008, 06:22 AM
until wine can fully support autocad, rhino and illustrator cs2+ i will continue to dual boot. I like wine alot but its to buggy for anything more than playing around with.

argie
March 27th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Nooo! That's one running joke less!

el mariachi
March 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM
and Half Life is a "platinum" wine app so whats the dual boot for?

Kimm
March 27th, 2008, 10:42 AM
i use windows xp, with a dual boot, for half life! so i wonder if halflife (and steam) will work with 1.0?

Lol... I've been running Half Life, CS and CZ with Steam in wine for about two years (give or take a mounth or two...), flawlessly.
Or, well, in the past I had to use OSS to get any sound, but since around christmas (to my knowledge) it runs just fine with Alsa.

Mind you, this is with no tinkering at all. Running the WineHQ build with standard settings.

Nunu
March 27th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I use reason 3 and tested it in wine and it was a bit jerky hope it works better in 1 then i can finally get rid of my MS Partition

djbsteart1
March 27th, 2008, 12:18 PM
until wine can fully support autocad, rhino and illustrator cs2+ i will continue to dual boot. I like wine alot but its to buggy for anything more than playing around with.

There is an cad program for linux that walks up and down autocad, vericad I think, I havn't used it as I'm still in first year, but i will be keeping an eye on it.

23meg
March 27th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Nooo! That's one running joke less!

But there's a new one already: "WINE 1.0 will support Duke Nukem Forever".