PDA

View Full Version : Dark oxygen (kde4) theme for gnome

PurposeOfReason
March 27th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I did a quick attempt at kde4 and at the moment it is still too buggy for my tastes. One thing I liked was the dark oxygen theme in the screenshot below. Does such a theme exist for gnome? I've found the default gray one, but black would be better. Also a good equivilant to dolphin and kwallet would be nice.

wPwLUi3N
April 2nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
looking awesome.

graabein
April 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Maybe ask in the Art & Design forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)?

There are plenty of black themes on GNOME-Look.org (http://gnome-look.org/).

SupaSonic
April 2nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
It looks like Ubuntu Studio theme.

sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-look

I believe dark themes are mostly unusable. Sure they look cool, but in the long run the black/white contrast is going to kill your eues.

kaylus
April 26th, 2008, 09:44 PM
It looks like Ubuntu Studio theme.

sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-look

I believe dark themes are mostly unusable. Sure they look cool, but in the long run the black/white contrast is going to kill your eues.

I believe that's a relatively silly thing to say. Staring at a glowing white light with small dark characters is like reading a story written on a light bulb. :)

I've stared at grey/amber/green on black all my life and haven't had an issue. I get headaches when staring at black on white for too long.

wei2912
October 20th, 2010, 04:33 AM
UbuntuStudio is awesome.

johntaylor1887
October 20th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I believe that's a relatively silly thing to say. Staring at a glowing white light with small dark characters is like reading a story written on a light bulb. :)

I've stared at grey/amber/green on black all my life and haven't had an issue. I get headaches when staring at black on white for too long.

I agree. White on black is much easier on my eyes. That's why I do Super + N when surfing at night. (super+n reverses the colors for any window in focus)