PDA

View Full Version : A must Have package - Hot Babe

MeTylerDurden
March 26th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Go to system - Administration - Synaptic package manager and go to hot-babe or do a search for hot-babe. (sometimes the pain you hide burns like a fire inside)

LowSky
March 26th, 2008, 04:02 AM
something tells me you actually got medibuntu installed

all I can say goo luck man

WarMonkey
March 26th, 2008, 04:28 AM
How can you get the program without installing Medibuntu? :)

By the way, nice name, that movie was awesome!

MeTylerDurden
March 26th, 2008, 04:37 AM
I was confused about the Medibuntu thing .. i am not sure what that is..

Lou, haha awwwwww Lou, can we stay ! pleaaase Lou!

YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN LOU!

glennric
March 26th, 2008, 04:39 AM
medibuntu is a repository. Not a program. The hot-babe package is in the medibuntu repositories. You can install the hot-babe program as long as you have the medibuntu repositories enabled. Nothing else will be installed.

Google Spider
March 26th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Go to system - Administration - Synaptic package manager and go to hot-babe or do a search for hot-babe. (sometimes the pain you hide burns like a fire inside)
Zero search results found :confused:

glennric
March 26th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Add the line

deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/ gutsy free non-free
to the end of the file /etc/apt/sources.list
Then type

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install hot-babe
You will get a warning about gpg verification, but it is safe to go ahead and install.
Then the program will be in Applications->Accessories

MeTylerDurden
March 26th, 2008, 04:53 AM
OK go to system / administration / software sources then go to third party software and check those boxes or just medibuntu... i guess thats it......
while your there go to Ubuntu Software and check all the boxes except for the cd rom one
then go to select server and select other then do a search for best server I did a few searches just to see which ones were good then choose a fastest one. I am on Thailand..lol i think Norway or something was second..

iSplicer
March 26th, 2008, 05:05 AM
What does this package do ? =)

MeTylerDurden
March 26th, 2008, 05:11 AM
try it and find out

do you have 2 black pants, 2 black shirts, black shoes and 100 dollars burial money?

iSplicer
March 26th, 2008, 05:23 AM
try it and find out

do you have 2 black pants, 2 black shirts, black shoes and 100 dollars burial money?

I would really like it if you kindly told me now =)

BLTicklemonster
March 26th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Thank goodness for gdesklets! Moving my cursor on the icons makes things interesting!
:guitar:

Spike-X
March 26th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Ripping CDs to MP3 just got a little less tedious.

ComputerHermit
March 26th, 2008, 10:52 AM
what is hot babe

I know what is a hot babe I have a few but a program hot babe ho well for get it :lolflag:

Jadd
March 26th, 2008, 11:02 AM
This is what the aptitude show hot-babe gave me:

Description: A GTK-based monitoring app
Hot-babe is a small graphical utility which display the system activity in a
very special way. When the CPU is idle, it displays a dressed girl, and when
the activity goes up, as the temperature increases, the girl begins to undress,
to finish totally naked when the system activity reaches 100%. Of course, if
you can be shocked by nudity, don't use it!

Homepage: http://dindinx.net/hotbabe

This package is in Medibuntu because of its explicit content.

When you try to install the package, it warns you that the program contains nudity, and asks you if you want to continue the installation. Of course I didn't, (women are people not sex objects), so I quit. I'm glad they gave you that warning, though.

kostkon
March 26th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Indeed, it is in the Medibuntu repository (http://medibuntu.org/packages.php).

iSplicer
March 26th, 2008, 11:07 AM
@ Jadd: I feel a completely different way =) I practically tripped over myself trying to install it!

samwyse
March 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
If you don't want to install the repo, download the package here: http://packages.medibuntu.org/pool/free/h/hot-babe/

I can't get the --geometry option to do anything.

e: I cheated and configured it with kwin.

sp3ctum
March 26th, 2008, 11:51 AM
This package seems to be kind of funny, and also kind of sad at the same time :D
I agree with Jadd, though, so no hot babes for me 8)

clanky
March 26th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I installed it and she was naked almost straight away. First thought... great, naked woman on my desktop, second thought.... oh no ubuntu is maxing my system out, Opened up the system monitor just to see how bad things were and sure enough 94% CPU usage, nothing running so tried to figure out what could be causing such high usage, having read quite a few problems on here I instantly reached for the compiz settings (disabling desktop affects seems to have magical properties :) ) but nothing. Accidentally right clicked on the lovely lady and she disappeared.... oh no, naked lady is gone..... however.... CPU usage is now back to 20%, so no naked ladies for me, at least if she comes back she will be there on her own, as I don't think my system can handle her and anything else.

MeTylerDurden
March 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM
8) Hot-Babe Oh, you mean the breath of fresh air (thats all she really is)

Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows :popcorn:

wolfen69
March 26th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Of course I didn't, (women are people not sex objects), so I quit. I'm glad they gave you that warning, though.
starting with "of course" implies that we would know that. (dont care)

women are people not sex objects
that's your opinion.

lastly, this post should be moved to cafe.

Lord Illidan
March 26th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Moved.

Kingsley
March 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Where can I get the source code so I can compile it for my Fedora install? I tried searching Google but all I found were hot babes.

Ripfox
March 26th, 2008, 05:31 PM
starting with "of course" implies that we would know that. (dont care)

that's your opinion.

lastly, this post should be moved to cafe.

This post made me laugh my *** off.

chris200x9
March 26th, 2008, 05:34 PM
she's butt ugly......and a cartoon..... :(

koenn
March 26th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Where can I get the source code so I can compile it for my Fedora install? I tried searching Google but all I found were hot babes.
:)

http://www.dindinx.net/hotbabe/download.php

meho_r
March 26th, 2008, 08:26 PM
A "must have" package? That?! C'mon...

WarMonkey
March 26th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Of course I didn't, (women are people not sex objects), so I quit. I'm glad they gave you that warning, though.

You're correct, however, the "woman" in the program is a cartoon; not a real woman.

Sunflower1970
March 26th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I think there needs to be a 'hot guy' program too for us gals who use Linux... :D

(If I knew how to write one I'd do it, but I'm program writing-challenged...)

LaRoza
March 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I think there needs to be a 'hot guy' program too for us gals who use Linux... :D

Just use the source of Hot Babe and change the images used.

p_quarles
March 26th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Should be as simple as replacing the six images used. No programming would be required, just the ability to work with an image editing program of your choice.

jimbob
March 26th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Looks to me like hot-babe eats cpu cycles so she can stay undressed ...

spupy
March 26th, 2008, 11:23 PM
oowriter
Ahahahaha

Spike-X
March 26th, 2008, 11:51 PM
You're correct, however, the "woman" in the program is a cartoon; not a real woman.
When are us nasty, evil men going to stop exploiting the poor oppressed cartoon women (er, I mean 'womyn'), and start treating them as equals?

clanky
March 27th, 2008, 01:13 AM
she's butt ugly......and a cartoon..... :(

I've had worse!

Darkhack
March 27th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Same thing happened to me. The hot-babe package actually caused 100% CPU usage itself. Oh well, the internet has plenty of naked ladies as well as naked dudes (if you're into that sort of thing).

LaRoza
March 27th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Same thing happened to me. The hot-babe package actually caused 100% CPU usage itself. Oh well, the internet has plenty of naked ladies as well as naked dudes (if you're into that sort of thing).

Don't use it with Compiz, and try again.

hhhhhx
March 27th, 2008, 02:32 AM
temps went up 5C after i started to program :razz:

fissionmailed
March 27th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Why did I install that? *facepalm.jpg*

Safe to say it uninstalled rather quickly...

macogw
March 27th, 2008, 03:33 AM
http://inshame.blogspot.com/2008/02/medibuntu.html says:

Just make sure that you use the following command to run it or the babe will suck on your CPU: hot-babe -i -n 10

MeTylerDurden
March 27th, 2008, 04:33 AM
A few corrections on some things i said when installing . #1 i said to go to system/administratin/softwaremanager.
Then to check all boxes except the cd rom one * don't check the source code box unless you are using them ... most will not need this checked!
when u do you will know. ( the reason we are here checking boxes is to enable to get hot-babe to show up in Synaptic manager.

OK next click on Third Part Software and check all the boxes except for the Source code ones.. they wont destroy your system just load a bunch of useless source codes onto your pc..
OK , let the good times roll

Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. :popcorn:

Spike-X
March 27th, 2008, 10:01 AM
temps went up 5C after i started to program :razz:
The computer's, or yours?

hhhhhx
March 27th, 2008, 10:04 AM
The computer's, or yours?
you know :lol:

luceerose
April 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
I have barely even caught a momentary glimpse of my hot-babe with her clothes actually ON !

I am yet to try the hot-babe -i -n 10 command.
On my old overclocked 1.6Ghz she ran with but a flickering glimpse of her knickers.
Now that I'm running an X2 chip, I sometimes see her with her skirt actually on.

luceerose
April 2nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Hey,
I tried the 'hot-babe -i -n 10' command.
Works great.
Best I can figure it's some sort of CPU activity offset. Like, it causes hot-babe to consider 10% activity to be idle, or something.
So I also tried numbers higher than 10.

Both my CPU's crunch SETI data up to 15% usage. So I edited hot-babe's run command in the Applications menu to reflect;
hot-babe -i -n 20

Works even better. Now I have to open 3 programs and quickly grab the desktop cube and wiggle it around all at the same time to see... well, you know what.

Evil Wayz
May 31st, 2009, 07:37 PM
. Of course I didn't, (women are people not sex objects), so I quit. I'm glad they gave you that warning, though.

Are you kidding me? Of course they are sex objects, that's how nature designed them to continue the furtherance of the human race. And so are men. It is possible to be a person and an object of sexual desire at the same time you know.

BLTicklemonster
May 31st, 2009, 07:38 PM
W3rd.

WatchingThePain
May 31st, 2009, 07:44 PM
+1 Sounds Kewl.
Bet that aint on Arch64.

t0p
May 31st, 2009, 08:18 PM
What do you call someone who raises the dead? Huh? ...Oh yeah, that's it...

Back off, necrophiles! Let this one rest in peace!!

Eisenwinter
May 31st, 2009, 08:30 PM
Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows
Alright, we get it. You like Fight Club. Good for you.

I love that movie also, but there's no need to quote it in every message you post.

WatchingThePain
May 31st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Lol, it is a very compelling movie.
Anarchy at it's best.

Goddard
June 3rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
haha that is some funny stuff...love it.

Wiebelhaus
June 3rd, 2009, 06:08 AM
It might be cool if your like 14.

Tipped OuT
June 3rd, 2009, 06:25 AM

Hey! :neutral: What's that suppose to mean...

pwnst*r
June 3rd, 2009, 06:32 AM

and/or a virgin that's afraid of girls.

don_quixote
June 3rd, 2009, 07:29 AM
and/or a virgin that's afraid of girls.

I guess that zinger explains the username.

R3fr4cti0n
September 12th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I guess that zinger explains the username. that was exactly what i thought when i read that.

steveneddy
September 12th, 2009, 05:58 AM
A GTK-based monitoring app
Hot-babe is a small graphical utility which display the system activity
in a very special way. When the CPU is idle, it displays a dressed girl,
and when the activity goes up, as the temperature increases, the girl
begins to undress, to finish totally naked when the system activity
reaches 100%. Of course, if you can be shocked by nudity, don't use it!

This package is in Medibuntu because of its explicit content.

Sweet!

Udayakiran
September 12th, 2009, 07:15 AM
How do i max out my cpu? I have quad core.... :sad:

pwnst*r
September 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM
@ Jadd: I feel a completely different way =) I practically tripped over myself trying to install it!

what i want to say would get me banned.

speedwell68
September 12th, 2009, 11:04 AM
How do i max out my cpu? I have quad core.... :sad:

I struggled to max it out on an Athlon 64 x2, but an Avast scan, the opening Thunderbird and Google Earth got it to peak for a few seconds.:D

Bachstelze
September 12th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Necromancy. Closed.