PDA

View Full Version : Lecture

krneki
March 26th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Hi,

I'm writing a research work and now I have to translate key words documentation to English. Could you please help me and correct possible mistakes below? I'm in a little hurry. Thanks in advance.

Nowadays there are increasing demands for faster, more reliable, safer and automated unified system for marking and tracking various products, which demands precise choice of advanced information technology. This exceeds capability of now well known bar code. There are new solutions nowadays, which allow more accurate control and identification. One of those new technologies that is already working well but is still in the developing and is going to be improved, is called radiofrequency identification or abbreviated RFID. Authors of research work developed a system for identification of radiofrequency tags and implemented it in foot orienteering matches. System consists of microcontroller, RFID reader, GSM modem and stabilized power supply. If competitor with compatible RF tag is near, RFID reader checks his unique identification number and sends it to microcontroller through communications lines. In next step microcontroller stores it to temporary memory. GSM modem then receives this tag along with accurate time of detection. Then it sends SMS with all included data to recipient. Such system allows automatic registration of competitors on arrival to individual orienteering check points, where identification and timing of competitors is logged. They have come to conclusion that usability of RFID tag reading station depends on GSM plug-in. On contests, failures and instability of electronic devices cannot be tolerated, so in this case, implementation of GSM modems in necessary.