PDA

View Full Version : is ubuntu blocked on my isp? strange problem

gunashekar
March 25th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I am using a BSNL broadband connection from Chennai, India. For the past 24 hours I have not been able to directly access any of the ubuntu related sites( kubuntu, xubuntu, cannonical, ubuntuforums etc) using any browser or operating system. I am not able to update using synaptic or update manager as well as not able to access IRC through irc.ubuntu.com. I am however able to access all other sites like yahoo, google etc.
I am making this post using hidemyass.com . why is this happening? is anyone else having this problem/

prshah
March 25th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I am using a BSNL broadband connection from Chennai, India. For the past 24 hours I have not been able to directly access any of the ubuntu related sites( kubuntu, xubuntu, cannonical, ubuntuforums etc) using any browser or operating system. I am not able to update using synaptic or update manager as well as not able to access IRC through irc.ubuntu.com. I am however able to access all other sites like yahoo, google etc.
I am making this post using hidemyass.com . why is this happening? is anyone else having this problem/

Using BSNL in Chennai, India, in multiple places, at multiple times throughout the day.

No problems.

My current DNS (auto-discovered) is 218.248.255.145. Try the OpenDNS servers, if you suspect that BSNL is blocking your ubuntu-related sites. Or try browsing with the ip address (ubuntuforums.org=http://91.189.94.186 )

If you are running firestarter, check the policy->outbound traffic policy->Deny connections to host to ensure that you have not (accidentally) blocked ubuntu.

amachu.techie
March 27th, 2008, 02:37 PM
எமக்கும் இத்தகைய சிக்கல்கள் இல்லை.

அன்புடன்
ஆமாச்சு