PDA

View Full Version : Ohio IRC

_Phineas_
March 25th, 2008, 02:51 AM
okay for the last week or two there has been hardly anyone on #ubuntu-us-oh I just went on a few minutes ago and there was literally no body on. No one posts anything in the Ohio forums or anything im thinking of resigning maybe.

Vorian
March 25th, 2008, 03:46 PM
what have _you_ done to help change that?

lyceum
March 26th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Vorian is right. You have to do what you can when you can and remember that everyone else is doing the same.

jpeddicord
March 26th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Well, it is spring break here. I'm in GA. :KS

sancho panza
March 28th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Hey, how about adding more info on the "how to use IRC" sticky? Info like what to expect in the ubuntu-ohio channel could help newbies and not create false expectations. I too have had a hard time getting a response from the local channel. I thought I could use it for local support...but not yet. Or maybe its not meant for local support.
More guidelines on what the purposes and the current status of the channel are would really help newbies who come across the channel.

Thanks for all the good work,

lyceum
March 29th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Hey, how about adding more info on the "how to use IRC" sticky? Info like what to expect in the ubuntu-ohio channel could help newbies and not create false expectations. I too have had a hard time getting a response from the local channel. I thought I could use it for local support...but not yet. Or maybe its not meant for local support.
More guidelines on what the purposes and the current status of the channel are would really help newbies who come across the channel.

Thanks for all the good work,

I am planning on re-making the how-to, as I am updating my site anyway. If you want me to add anything, let me know what. I have class on Wednesdays, so I miss the meetings. I am trying to start hanging out more in the IRC, but I am very busy. I really have no expectations, so I am not sure what to add to the how-to itself. When I was on the IRC the other night, things were very quiet.

_Phineas_
April 15th, 2008, 06:07 PM
sorry for this post I didnt realize it was spring break.