PDA

View Full Version : Inkscape lite (aka inklite) is going to be really cool !

madjr
March 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM
inklite

http://bryceharrington.org/files/inkscape-lite-small.png

will be awesome, i hope they ship it with the next ubuntu release :guitar:

http://bryceharrington.org/drupal/inklite

Polygon
March 24th, 2008, 09:27 PM
if you read the post, its meant for the EEEpc or whatever since it has such a small screen that the normal inkscape application wouldn't fit on the screen...so there is no reason to use this on regular ubuntu on a 1024x768 res screen...since inklite is just a stripped down version of inkscape

days_of_ruin
March 24th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I hope inkscape comes installed by default in hardy(full version though)

madjr
March 24th, 2008, 09:43 PM
if you read the post, its meant for the EEEpc or whatever since it has such a small screen that the normal inkscape application wouldn't fit on the screen...so there is no reason to use this on regular ubuntu on a 1024x768 res screen...since inklite is just a stripped down version of inkscape

if you read, it's also designed for novice, kids and casual stuff.

it's like a cool svg version of m$ paint (comparing simplicity)

would be awesome, svg and simplicity rocks.

the smaller size would also make it great candidate to be included in a number of distros that don't include it already

days_of_ruin
March 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
if you read, it's also designed for novice and kids.

it's like a cool svg version of m$ paint (comparing simplicity)

would be awesome, svg and simplicity rocks.

the smaller size would also make it great candidate to be included in a number of distros that don't include it already
Wait, I read the link and it sounds like this isn't even being made yet.
Or did I miss something?

klange
March 24th, 2008, 10:23 PM
It's also meant for embedded devices (like the Neo Freerunner, maybe?)
Definitely a good idea to make a stripped down version of Inkscape.

bruce89
March 25th, 2008, 12:14 AM
I hope inkscape comes installed by default in hardy(full version though)

There is already a lack of space on the CD.

cprofitt
March 25th, 2008, 01:17 AM
There is a desperate need for a program to replace Kidpix... this looks like a possible candidate in addition to Tuxpaint.

sinisterstuf
December 3rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
Indeed but it would be good for a lightweight system CrunchBand, Lubuntu, Xubuntu etc. (whether it has a large screen or not), the full inkscape is much too heavy for me to consider using on my laptop.