PDA

View Full Version : [Rhythmbox] Hide on close

Creak
March 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone!

It makes some times now that I'm fighting with the Rhythmbox dev team for an option in the preference: the close button closes the window, but doesn't quit the entire apps.

My solution isn't intrusive at all. I'm just asking for a checkbox in the preferences that would enable/disable "hide on close".

Their arguments are good, and are based on the GNOME guidelines. Mines are based on my experiences with Rhythmbox (which I love anyway) but it happens like 10 times a day that I close the window just to hide it and it quits the application (it's completely frustrating). I know I could click on the systray icon, but after few years of utilization, I think I can say I just can't do it... :)
To finish, I'd say applications like Pidgin and Transmission already does that and it's not such a crime, isn't it?

Well, to know your point of view about this idea, I've entered a new idea in Brainstorm:

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/5488/image/1/ (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/5488/)

Before voting, please read the comments. There are few arguments against and for the idea.
If you disagree, please consider that it's only an option in the preferences.

Thank you!

Ardrias
March 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
You can also press ctrl+w to hide it, I use that all the time. Should get you by until it gets in as an option. :)

Creak
March 25th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I'm not complaining that there is no other way to do it. I just think it should be the common look&feel, as for Pidgin and Transmission (I could not press Ctrl+W or click on the systray icon to hide them).

Creak
March 25th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I added a beautiful image instead of the simple link. They organized everything at Ubuntu :)

quinnten83
March 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I would like the coverflow and jamendo plugins to work properly on my computer, any of them...!!!
the minimize to tray thing doesn't bother me that much, cause I always have rhytmbox open full screen....