PDA

View Full Version : PHP Developer Search!

The Titan
March 24th, 2008, 04:37 AM
What is Fireware?
Fireware is a CMS (Content Management System) that is currently in development. It is nearly a month old and has been entirely developed so far by two developers. The focus is to create an open source project that people with little or no experience with open source development can contribute to. Fireware is a PHP/MySql CMS that is meant to be very easy to use and install by someone with no experience but give alot of power to the users that want it.

Visit the wiki (http://test.titanstechnologies.net/wiki) and see what we have to offer! Or view the latest working copy here (http://test.titanstechnologies.net/fw/trunk/home.php)!

How can you contribute?
You can contribute in many different ways, some of these ways include but are not limited to:
Graphic Artists
Develop images for themes or make a Fireware logo.
PHP Developers
This one is kind obvious but we would really like your help regardless of your skill level. If you want to join this project strictly to learn, go right ahead but experts are welcome also.
Someone to work on the Wiki.
This is a major priority for us, we need thw wiki to be larger and eisier to use. There really is no programming skill involved here, just a sense of direction when it comes to ease of use and website navigation.Contact us now!
I can be reached at a few different ways:
On Ubuntuforums, PM Me or reply to this thread!
Email, thetit4n@gmail.com
MSN Messenger, king_stretch@hotmail.com
Google Talk, thetit4n@gmail.com

The Titan
March 25th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Are you interested in joining an open source community project? Want to develop your PHP coding skills, or just practice them? This is for you.

What is it?
I am developing an open source CMS called Fireware. For those who don't know a CMS, or Content Management System is like a wizard for web pages, that allows you to build or maintain a web page through a Graphical User Interface. It has templates, modules and other utilities to make web developers of all experience levels lives easier.

Other open source CMSs exist, why this one?
Fireware, is intended to be a learning project, many open source projects exist, but many are too complicated for beginners to develop their skills the most important way, through practical implementation of their skills. This project well be paced so the beginners can ask questions and start to contribute. In addition, many complain that existing CMSs are not what they are looking for, an this is an attempt to provide an easy-to-use-alternative. We want to have help not only for the administrators but the clients as well and an admin area that morphs to your needs. We also want to keep the source very straight forward so it is easy to modify, given the user has some PHP experience under there belt.

Can I help?
You certainly can. We are looking for :
-PRIORITY: People that want to help get the deveopment wiki going!!!
-Php coders
-Graphical artists
-Testers/Constructive critique

Note: Not all of these skills are necessary, nor do you have to be an expert.

Of all skill levels. The requirements are that you are eager to learn and contribute, and patiently work as a team. I am also looking for experienced programmers, and ask that they will be willing to provide others with knowledge.

How?
Visit the Wiki (http://test.titanstechnologies.net/wiki) to get more information. Because the project is so early in development there isn't much there, but there is more information about this project.
Contact me at:
MSN Messenger: king_stretch@gmail.com
Google Talk: thetit4n@gmail.com
Email: thetit4n@gmail.com

Any questions feel free to ask me.

Post updated April 4th.to fit new needs.

kalesh7
March 25th, 2008, 06:45 AM
email sent, would be a pleasure to work on this.

LaRoza
March 25th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Where is the project page and what is done so far?

The Titan
March 25th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Where is the project page and what is done so far?
There is no homepage yet because the project is only about 2 weeks old, and not so much is done... But there is an SVN repository that can be checked out from svn://97.112.82.202/fireware

klange
March 26th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Sounds good to me. I've got plenty of experience (http://oasis-games.com) in PHP and would love to help out. (I can also provide temporary hosting services if you need them)

The Titan
March 26th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I edited my first post with a link to the project wiki explaining things a little bit more. Everyone is welcome!

The Titan
March 26th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Bump It UP!

Belliinator
March 27th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Planning is in early stages but here is what we have completed so far:

http://97.112.82.202/wiki/index.php/Project_Plan

wPwLUi3N
April 2nd, 2008, 10:50 AM
I have a good php experience feel free to contanct me.

The Titan
April 2nd, 2008, 04:24 PM
Go ahead and give me an email at thetit4n@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you.

The Titan
April 5th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Bumpin'

The Titan
April 6th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Edited to be first post

LaRoza
April 6th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Don't create any more threads on this.

Three are merged.

The Titan
April 6th, 2008, 05:30 AM
i created this one because you merged the other 2 and the interesting part isn't the first post anymore... and so much for that..

Bachstelze
April 6th, 2008, 05:32 AM
You have it in your sig, and that's enough. If you participate in the forums enough, people will see it. If you don't, that means spam, and spam means ban.

Life ain't fair, huh?

LaRoza
April 6th, 2008, 05:42 AM
i created this one because you merged the other 2 and the interesting part isn't the first post anymore... and so much for that..

You made a duplicate thread because your other duplicate thread was merged? What did you think would happen ;)

You can always edit your first post, and you can ask the title to be changed.

madjr
April 6th, 2008, 05:42 AM
am a awful programmer

but i could help test it later on :)

The Titan
April 6th, 2008, 05:47 AM
am a awful programmer

but i could help test it later on :)
email me, you are more than welcome to come and learn!