PDA

View Full Version : Msn offline messages with Kopete or Pidgen

Andrewie
March 24th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Is there a way to recieve microsoft offline messages with pidgin or Kopete. I believe the current tree of kopete has support for this, but is there any news on pidgin. I've been using amsn but I don't like it too much.

igknighted
March 24th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I don't use MSN at all... but many seem happy with emesene (sp?), so it may be worth a shot. I know the functionality you speak of for AIM is added to pidgin as a plugin, so one may also be available for MSN, but I do not know for sure.

Andrewie
March 24th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I don't use MSN at all... but many seem happy with emesene (sp?), so it may be worth a shot. I know the functionality you speak of for AIM is added to pidgin as a plugin, so one may also be available for MSN, but I do not know for sure.

thanks, I look into that

happysmileman
March 24th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I use Kopete and can't get offline messages, though I suppose maybe it's added in KDE4 version of Kopete, it's not in 3.5.8 AFAIK

DarkOx
March 24th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Take a look at kmess (http://www.kmess.org/), which is kind of like kopete except it's MSN-only. It can handle MSN's offline messages.

An older version of it is in the repo's, though I'd consider installing the autopackage version found on their site, as the latest version is quite improved. (Alternately, just wait for Hardy, which'll have the 1.5 version available via apt).

Andrewie
March 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
thanks everyone