PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid of KingBahamut.

zerhacke
October 8th, 2005, 11:55 PM
That dude is scary with his linux knowledge. Dont eat me KB!

XDevHald
October 9th, 2005, 12:10 AM
What knowledge does he have that scares you? This I need to know ;)

kassetra
October 9th, 2005, 12:12 AM
KingBahamut can really whip the llama's ass when it comes to Linux knowledge, but he would never eat you. :)

He's much too giving to eat anyone. He'd rather share all he knows.

kassetra
October 9th, 2005, 12:22 AM
What knowledge does he have that scares you? This I need to know ;)

He is skilled in the ways of wrangling bash. He can cut to the quick in vi with one hand tied behind his back. He commands grep to do his bidding.

This is the knowledge he possesses - for he is a mage of Linux. :)

(And a good sport. Kinda fun to tease a bit.)

majikstreet
October 9th, 2005, 12:35 AM
if he tries to eat you, let me know.

i'll eat his mother.

kassetra
October 9th, 2005, 12:39 AM
if he tries to eat you, let me know.

i'll eat his mother.

Hey now. I don't want to see that kind of talk please.

majikstreet
October 9th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Hey now. I don't want to see that kind of talk please.
I didn't really mean it... I guess you can't convey your tone of voice over internet forums can you?

BWF89
October 9th, 2005, 01:42 AM
I didn't really mean it... I guess you can't convey your tone of voice over internet forums can you?
Emoticons. :) :mad: :p ;) :( :D

kassetra
October 9th, 2005, 01:46 AM

Not well, no. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what happens when things are not communicated well over the internet. :p

MetalMusicAddict
October 9th, 2005, 01:50 AM
I LOVE YOU KingBahamut! ;) Honestly though I love his non-linux posts the most. Rock on KB. \m/

KingBahamut
October 9th, 2005, 02:08 AM
I have fans.....?

This is news to me.
Just tryin to do mah job.

And usually when im done, I head to the pub for my usual pint, and forget it all.
=)

MetalMusicAddict
October 9th, 2005, 02:14 AM
You should be in charge of news or something. I like alot of the news/interesting links you post. ;)

majikstreet
October 9th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Not well, no. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what happens when things are not communicated well over the internet. :p
I guess that's why people use <sarcastic> </sarcastic>

KingBahamut
October 9th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Nah....I just post stuff to keep users informed. Heck, Im a user, I want to be informed.

I guess it wouldnt hurt if others were too.

DJ_Max
October 9th, 2005, 02:40 AM
I have fans.....?

This is news to me.
Just tryin to do mah job.

And usually when im done, I head to the pub for my usual pint, and forget it all.
=)
LOL, that's probably why you didn't know you had fans.

23meg
October 9th, 2005, 02:44 AM
I'm not at all afraid of the forum staff. They're the least scary authority I've ever seen.

kassetra
October 9th, 2005, 02:56 AM
I'm not at all afraid of the forum staff. They're the least scary authority I've ever seen.

... If I wear a scary mask, would that help?

Oooh ooh, I could wear my halloween cat costume! That would make me scarier!

:twisted:

KingBahamut
October 9th, 2005, 03:01 AM
*Trying to figure out how he's scary*

DJ_Max
October 9th, 2005, 03:01 AM
... If I wear a scary mask, would that help?

Oooh ooh, I could wear my halloween cat costume! That would make me scarier!

:twisted:
Well, for starters you should change your avatar, as, currently, it doesn't give me the she's scary impression, but rather, she's cute and lovable impression.

*Trying to figure out how he's scary*
For one, in Arabic Mythology, Bahamut is a huge fish that lives in the sea, now I find that pretty scary.

darkmatter
October 9th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Bahamut is a huge fish that lives in the sea, now I find that pretty scary.

Where's the tartar sauce when you need it?

DJ_Max
October 9th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Where's the tartar sauce when you need it?
heh, you would need a lot, not to mention, he's so big that human eyes cannot see him in whole, if I'm not mistaken, his owner (the one who control and rides him) is a bull with four thousand eyes, ears & feet, and would take hundreds of years to go from one ear to the other.

Also, if you kill Bahamut, you would theory destroy earth, as well as mess with hell and heaven.

darkmatter
October 9th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Yep. I know the myth, but I still wan't the tartar sauce.:)

mstlyevil
October 9th, 2005, 03:21 AM
How can anyone from Georgia be scary? All you have to do is take him fishing, give him some Georgia style BBQ and give him some beer and he will be your friend for life.

Rotarychainsaw
October 9th, 2005, 03:24 AM
How can anyone from Georgia be scary? All you have to do is take him fishing, give him some Georgia style BBQ and give him some beer and he will be your friend for life.

Havent you seen slingblade?

kassetra
October 9th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Well, for starters you should change your avatar, as, currently, it doesn't give me the she's scary impression, but rather, she's cute and lovable impression.
... well... crap. My avatar looks like me, because, I made her look like that. LOL But I'm not cute and lovable! I'm mean! grr!
Yeah, that's not making it better, is it?

For one, in Arabic Mythology, Bahamut is a huge fish that lives in the sea, now I find that pretty scary.
Haven't studied Arabic mythology in a while -- but I have studied Assyro-Babylonian, and he's the same there. :)

Tartar sauce... and malt vinegar... maybe with a hint of lemon.

DJ_Max
October 9th, 2005, 03:48 AM
... well... crap. My avatar looks like me, because, I made her look like that. LOL But I'm not cute and lovable! I'm mean! grr!
Yeah, that's not making it better, is it?
No, can't say it is. :p

Haven't studied Arabic mythology in a while -- but I have studied Assyro-Babylonian, and he's the same there. :)

Tartar sauce... and malt vinegar... maybe with a hint of lemon.
Wait, now we're trying to eat KB? After he's done so much, think of the children.

kassetra
October 9th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Wait, now we're trying to eat KB? After he's done so much, think of the children.

Yeah, because I'm scary. Grrr!

But you're right... the children! Won't somebody please think of the CHILDREN!

KingBahamut
October 9th, 2005, 04:11 AM
"Think of the Children...the innocent...the yet unborn." -- Rei.

claydoh
October 9th, 2005, 04:48 AM

Aww, heck he's not scary, I even let him use my last name, I wouldn't let a scary dude use that, it would drive my dogs n cat bonkers

Kapre
October 9th, 2005, 06:19 AM
KB is not scary but a very helpful person. He is gentle and kind to all newbies. I like how he helps us noobs (me being a newbie myself). I remember one of the members (forgot his callsign) say that he always makes it a point to read the thread of KB because it is very informative (which I also try to do everytime I log in). Anyways for people who hasn't seen the gentle giant, you can see him here (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=61825&highlight=show+face)

I hope he wouldn't get mad at me (cause I'm scared of him now showing his face on this thread):oops:

K

Brunellus
October 9th, 2005, 06:54 AM
KB believes, erroneously, that I am out to oppose him at every turn in his non-Linux posts. Of course this is not so. I only oppose him at every OTHER turn.

And now I have the Maziger Z theme song stuck in my head. bastards.

openmind
October 9th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I remember one of the members (forgot his callsign) say that he always makes it a point to read the thread of KB because it is very informative (which I also try to do everytime I log in).

Yep, there's certain well-known members whose posts I always read when browsing, 'cos you always know they're going to be informative or funny (sometimes both!).

"The King" is one of those.

zenrox
October 9th, 2005, 07:28 PM
KB rocks
/me bows to his greatness
/me then runs off to generl obsecurity:cool:

KingBahamut
October 10th, 2005, 05:37 AM
no I dont.

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 05:39 AM
no I dont.

Yes you do. Don't argue with your groupies.

KingBahamut
October 10th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Wha...Groupies...I have groupies and fans now....this is not possible.

mstlyevil
October 10th, 2005, 05:50 AM

All hail KingBahamut!

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 05:52 AM

groupies and fans and subjects OH MY!

occy8
October 10th, 2005, 06:26 AM
groupies and fans and subjects OH MY!

A king without subjects is no king

darkmatter
October 10th, 2005, 09:14 AM
A king without subjects is no king

That's right.

A king without subjects is KB...:p

Perfect Storm
October 10th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Amazing you got the guts to say that :P ;)

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Amazing you got the guts to say that :P ;)

He's harmless. Like a fuzzy kitten.

Perfect Storm
October 10th, 2005, 10:15 AM
That's something you think. It's not you that have to feed him when the moon rise ;) :???:

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 10:22 AM
That's something you think. It's not you that have to feed him when the moon rise ;) :???:

Heh. Says who? ;)

KingBahamut
October 10th, 2005, 01:30 PM

No but feeding me on the high sun of the 2nd moon of the world of Kirith in the 5th season during the flames of despair but after the winter of fire but before the summer of flare at high sun , gets you the Jewel of Nesrith capable of destorying the evil wizard Glick.