View Full Version : Thanks ?

TouchuvGrey
March 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
I have seen "Thanks" and "Thanked" alongside member
names in posts here. How do i go about thanking someone so that
it will show there ?

gfg
March 23rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Press the little star in the bottom of post, it's right next to the quote button.

PmDematagoda
March 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
There is a little medal with a star near the bottom left of the post window, click that and that will give the poster a Thank You:).

popch
March 23rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
The sticky called 'Guide to Forum Features' surprisingly contains, well, you could call it 'a Guide to Forum Features'.

LaRoza
March 23rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
The sticky called 'Guide to Forum Features' surprisingly contains, well, you could call it 'a Guide to Forum Features'.

Maybe I should just carry a towel around. Although I do when I travel (HHG2G), maybe I should keep it handy when I am home.

bapoumba
March 23rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
This point is addressed in one of the stickies (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=726219).

Edit: forgot to add I merged a thread in here.

popch
March 23rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe I should just carry a towel around. Although I do when I travel (HHG2G), maybe I should keep it handy when I am home.

Let's not overdo it. Have you considered a pouch? Kanguroos appear to find them handy.

Now, as to the blinking attribute or the flashing arrow ...

LaRoza
March 23rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Let's not overdo it. Have you considered a pouch? Kanguroos appear to find them handy.

Now, as to the blinking attribute or the flashing arrow ...

I made it bold.

I am going to try to get something to draw attention to the sticky and thread.

A Taser leaps to mind.

popch
March 23rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
OTOH, here's an unexplained feature (I believe).

Starting a new thread with the word 'thanking' in the title shows a list of existing threads containing that word.

Starting a new thread with the word 'thanks' or 'thank' (or even 'thank you') does not.

Perhaps adding a few posts containing additional terms and their variants (such as thnak and so on) would change something?

p_quarles
March 23rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
My understanding is that future versions of vBulletin will include a "tagging" feature (similar to CMSes like Wordpress or Drupal). This could dramatically improve the functionality of the "similar threads" feature.

popch
March 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
I made it bold..

I am sure that this was a bold move on your part. But, excuse me, what, exactly, did you bolden? The sticky in question looks much the same to me as do the others.

My understanding is that future versions of vBulletin will include a "tagging" feature.

The suspense is growing. The new release really is something I am looking forward to, if only because my curiosity is starting to ,,, itch.

Forrest Gumpp
March 23rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks.

You can bank on them.

Like Mr Micawber's 'something', they will always come up!

Forrest Gumpp
March 25th, 2008, 01:17 AM
In retrospect, my comment in the preceding post "Thanks. You can bank on them!' is probably a little enigmatic.

This link, and the link within the link, may explain any enigma that may be thought to exist in the above post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4441125&postcount=19

kneewax
March 28th, 2008, 12:36 PM
sorry folks, also a forum newbie (ish) Why do some threads not have the little medal for thanking? I wish to thank someone, but can't because there is no icon on the post to do that.

Cheers
Kneewax

hyper_ch
March 28th, 2008, 12:46 PM
posts older than when the thanks feature was activated don't have the ability to thank.

LaRoza
March 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM
sorry folks, also a forum newbie (ish) Why do some threads not have the little medal for thanking? I wish to thank someone, but can't because there is no icon on the post to do that.

Cheers
Kneewax

The sticky on the Thanks feature has the reason for that (it is first on the bold list)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=702596

kneewax
March 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM
ooops. Quite right it does say it there - I missed that thread. :oops:

Thanks