PDA

View Full Version : Newbies fears about posting and not marking as SOLVED

Mark_in_Hollywood
March 22nd, 2008, 02:26 AM
I have 2 or 3 private messages, mostly from newbies, asking for help, but not posting in the forums. Also, many, too many are not marking threads as solved.

Can someone help?

Taino
March 22nd, 2008, 02:56 AM
I would encourage telling those who PM you with questions to instead post them in the forums where everyone who is able to help them can help them, and where everyone can benefit from being able to read the answer and search for the answer, as im sure many of the same questions come up from time to time.

Also maybe you can add this link to your signature somewhere and direct them to it when their issue has been resolved.

Howto: Mark a thread solved

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPostsTeam/SolvedThreads

:)

spupy
March 22nd, 2008, 03:03 AM
The link to mark as SOLVED is not so obvious, in my opinion. I found it two weeks ago! (Before that i though everyone was just renaming their posts)

herbster
March 22nd, 2008, 03:29 AM
The commonality I notice in the Beginners forum is people posting as if they are in an IM conversation:

"Hey omg ahm new to linux how i install adobe its not werkin' LOL feel so dum cuz i been a ******* user rite lmao"

The brutal lack of any specificity makes usually simple solutions take much longer.

lyceum
March 22nd, 2008, 04:22 AM
The link to mark as SOLVED is not so obvious, in my opinion. I found it two weeks ago! (Before that i though everyone was just renaming their posts)

+1

bilal.17
March 23rd, 2008, 03:28 AM
+1
+2