PDA

View Full Version : Tekzilla episode 24: install Ubuntu

chewearn
March 21st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Tekzilla Episode 24 goes through installation of Ubuntu:
http://revision3.com/tekzilla/

Overall, mostly neutral review of Ubuntu installation, though I felt they could have mentioned more positive things about Ubuntu. It is obvious Patrick Norton and Garnett Lee know very little about running/using Ubuntu, or any Linux for that matter. Most notably, Garnett Lee mentioned about his fear of Unix command line and so forth. That's so old, it not even funny.

Ironically, the email segment of the show has a viewer question about 64-bit Vista. And the advice given was to stick to 32-bit. I find that ironic because we are able to enjoy 64-bit ubuntu, with very little, or no drawback.

We should send someone to Revision3 to promote Ubuntu. Anyone living in San Francisco feels up to it?

bobbybobington
March 21st, 2008, 04:01 PM
It would be neat if they used their ubuntu machine to show some of the cool features it has. I don't know why they didn't use the live cd install, text mode seems really strange :confused:

p_quarles
March 21st, 2008, 04:06 PM
It would be neat if they used their ubuntu machine to show some of the cool features it has. I don't know why they didn't use the live cd install, text mode seems really strange :confused:
The computer they were using wouldn't have been able to load the live environment. It was pretty old.