PDA

View Full Version : Who else watches LOST??

SomeGuyDude
March 21st, 2008, 02:06 AM
I've got some beer, got a sub from Quizno's, settling in for this week's episode. Anyone else? I'm hooked on it!

:popcorn:

spupy
March 21st, 2008, 02:38 AM
Me! I do! If there is a day of the week that i don't oversleep, it's Friday. (Friday morning here Lost is already on the trackers)

Have to say, this season has started well!
I used to be a fanatic, reading forums all the time, making up possible scenarios. But now i don't care, it is pointless speculating about what is what, just watch and enjoy, and don't forget to close your mouth from time to time! ;)

SomeGuyDude
March 21st, 2008, 03:05 AM
Exactly, speculating is worthless. The writers take such amazing turns with the show that there's no way to predict anything.

Moustacha
March 21st, 2008, 04:22 AM
Though I believe this episode is the last *for now*. It was a short "season" :( I think they might do another short "season" at the end of the year. I sure hope so!

phoenix5002
March 21st, 2008, 04:31 AM
LOST FTW!!!

My favorite show :)
I literally just got done watching it and then I saw this thread lmao!

MrChips
March 21st, 2008, 04:36 AM
I almost lost interest last season. But after the season finale the plot has really picked up. I missed tonight's episode because the local carrier lost the audio feed right in the middle of it....grrrr. Looked like a good episode tonight, I never thought I'd see "you-know-who" back on the show.

I wish ABC had Linux support for their episode player. :(

SomeGuyDude
March 21st, 2008, 04:40 AM
Though I believe this episode is the last *for now*. It was a short "season" :( I think they might do another short "season" at the end of the year. I sure hope so!

Starts again in April. Not much of a delay at all!

I think we'll have spoilers in this thread, so I'm thinking of adding a warning at the top so we can discuss events freely. Yay or nay?

amazingtaters
March 21st, 2008, 05:41 AM
Oh my God I love that show. I mean, it rocks. It's like heroine. And, back in season 2 at the beginning of the season I was convinced they were in altered time state. It's great to finally be vindicated on that.

SomeGuyDude
March 21st, 2008, 06:25 AM
You picked that up in season 2? How??

hhhhhx
March 21st, 2008, 06:35 AM
saw the first 2 seasons and then drifted off somehow, i've been super busy :( Great show BTW

IsawSp4rks
March 21st, 2008, 07:00 AM
I do and I find myself addicted.

So far, out of all the theories I've read, this one makes the most sense to me.

The Island is a pendulum in time....

http://forum.lostpedia.com/showthread.php?t=10417&page=4

billgoldberg
March 21st, 2008, 08:46 AM
Lost 408 is still downloading here :p (only 5 min left :p).

Like I'm waiting 50 years before they air it here, yeah right.

It has to be one of the best shows ever to be made (together with the twilight zone and stargate).

Taino
March 21st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Anyone else? I'm hooked on it!

Ive watched LOST since it started, since the plane crashed in episode 1, it caught my interest back then and i told some people of how interesting and different it was, they were like... blah blah plane, survivors, island, others, whatever....

They didnt like it, they didnt "get it", the concept of an ever changing plot seemed to throw their interest off.

That was then, since then the TV show developed "a big buzz" and it piqued their curiosity to watch a few episodes again, these days many of those early critic friends of mine are hooked on it. :p

Its a good show, we havent had an intriguing show like it around for a long time, a show with many twists and turns around every corner, good stuff. :)

:popcorn:

wormser
March 21st, 2008, 11:28 AM
Has anybody found a way to watch Lost natively in Ubuntu? ABC.com has a new player from Move Networks (http://www.movenetworks.com/) and there in not a Linux version yet. Let them know you want to watch Lost from Ubuntu.

spupy
March 21st, 2008, 01:35 PM
Damn, i overslept!!! Haha

I remember when they were airing Season one episodes 1-15. My parents were calling me to watch the show with them. But i answered:
"Huh, some plane crashes on an island. There are survivors. They want to be found. WOW :-| Veeery interesing...not"

spupy
March 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
The most messed up parody of LOST:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ASGXCPecINQ
Totally random and filled with internet memes.

This is episode 1 from 12!

SomeGuyDude
March 23rd, 2008, 12:29 AM
Damn, i overslept!!! Haha

I remember when they were airing Season one episodes 1-15. My parents were calling me to watch the show with them. But i answered:
"Huh, some plane crashes on an island. There are survivors. They want to be found. WOW :-| Veeery interesing...not"

Hah, that's what happened to me. Then I bought the DVDs for la madre and she convinced me to watch 'em. Next thing I know I bought the rest and downloaded anything I couldn't buy. ****'s addicting !:guitar:

diablo75
March 23rd, 2008, 12:45 AM
Me and my girlfriend started watching every episode (streamed them ;) , but now that we have this 5 or 6 episode buffer between the ep we just watched, and the one that just aired, she's like, "Ok, we gotta slow down, or we'll get stuck waiting for the next one." I'd prefer to just catch up and get it over with instead of postpone the inevitable. I suppose we just got used to watching 3 or 4 episodes in a row per day...

ODF
March 23rd, 2008, 04:44 AM
:D

Learning my English this way, starting with subtitles ... but now I'm a pro :KS

ODF
March 23rd, 2008, 04:46 AM
Me and my girlfriend started watching every episode (streamed them ;) , but now that we have this 5 or 6 episode buffer between the ep we just watched, and the one that just aired, she's like, "Ok, we gotta slow down, or we'll get stuck waiting for the next one." I'd prefer to just catch up and get it over with instead of postpone the inevitable. I suppose we just got used to watching 3 or 4 episodes in a row per day...

Bahaha, my girlfriend just read this and told me that it was exactly like us.

dizee
March 23rd, 2008, 05:27 AM
It is an excellent show but I can't escape the feeling that they're just making it up as they go along ;)

So many unanswered questions...
I just don't even bother thinking about them any more, just sit and watch it for the entertainment. Though some of the theories on the net are really interesting.